Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Bridgestone BT-016 - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Bridgestone BT-016 (/showthread.php?tid=10440)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bridgestone BT-016 - jas1340 - 15-08-2008

Anyone else trying these on for size..........

Just got them front and rear on mine

So far, they hate being cold.....insant loss of traction if you ar even remotely brutal with them. BT-015's were much more forgiving.

Once warm they seem to have the goods, still need to get out on a country run/hard ride to get them worked up to temperature.

Anyone else using them?

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - FLIPR66 - 15-08-2008

jas1340 Wrote:Anyone else trying these on for size..........

Just got them front and rear on mine

So far, they hate being cold.....insant loss of traction if you ar even remotely brutal with them. BT-015's were much more forgiving.

Once warm they seem to have the goods, still need to get out on a country run/hard ride to get them worked up to temperature.

Anyone else using them?

yep, just put some on a month ago, but havent been able to do anything cept commute so far. have done lots of wet weather so far and seem to cope fine with that. will let you know more when i do.

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - Speed Demon - 05-09-2008

Mine are due for replacement soon
Has anyone else had experience with these tyres and how many kms do you expect to get outn of them

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - REVIT13 - 05-09-2008

the bt015's were meant for the new k8 Jason. You might want to try the AVON's next time.

See you sunday.

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - jas1340 - 05-09-2008

Wanted to try something with a softer compound. How they perform on Sunday will probably determine if I put another set on or return to the BT015's.

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - REVIT13 - 06-09-2008

GIVEN THE KAYS YOU DO I'D BE STICKING WITH THE HARDER COMPOUND. SEE U SUN.

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - jas1340 - 06-09-2008

I've only done 1000 k's in the last 2 months. Not using the Busa for commuting anymore, getting too expensive

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - DAD - 02-10-2008

Ive got them on the 1000 and i reckon there great I dont know how long they would last on a busa because of the extra weight as the rubber seems soft but I would still give them a go on a Bus. When I had a Busa I had BT020 on the front and BT056 on the rear grip was no probs.

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - Dan85 - 02-10-2008

god the last bt056 i had on a busa was completely shredded down to the canvas in 4000kms, the 015's seemed to be very capable especially when warm i have the pilot powers with the 2 compound road on the bike and so far i think there great did some spirited riding in the southern table lands and south coast recently and they held on great in the twisties nice and stable on the straights and no real sign of wear with no issue breaking traction at all. they are my vote

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - DAD - 03-10-2008

My son got 12000ks out of a set of 2cts on his R1 he loved them. The reason I was useing bt56 because it was a cheap tyre.

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - TimF - 17-11-2008

So jas1340 how did the 016s work out for you?

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - busakid08 - 17-11-2008

Frankly if you think teh BT015s are better than the 016 you have a serious issue dude - they are a much softer compound and were designed AFTER the 015 for higher HP output suggest you check your self out

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - jas1340 - 17-11-2008

TimF Wrote:So jas1340 how did the 016s work out for you?

Hey Tim,

They worked very well for me, can't comment on milage as the rear went up in smoke at the drags.

Handling was a big improvement over the 015, but the 016 needs more warm up time. The bike felt a lot more stable in corners and I felt that I was tipping it over further than I would with the 015's.

Once I finish messing around at the drags (or if I find another rim), I'll definately be putting one back on the rear.

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - kawasuki - 23-11-2008

just had a run up the Putty rd with the 016 hypersports 190x 55, and i cant fault them when pushed hard, milage wont be much but thats what i like,,, sticky hoops.

RE: Bridgestone BT-016 - spamanglenn - 23-11-2008

yep i like them too.The caracass is stiffer than a supercorsa and it shows.they ride a little bumpier with a bit less feel on the front tyre but the stiffer back tyre felt better than a supercorsa.No problems in the grip department.Not bad in wet closer to windsor either.I,m trying a soft road tyre as opposed to a road legal track tyre for a change.Funny thing is i think the supercorsas would last longer.There well and truly scrubbed in for jindy.