Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Who checks their nuts? - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Who checks their nuts? (/showthread.php?tid=10614)

Pages: 1 2

Who checks their nuts? - DjPete - 11-09-2008

Just had the second of these excellent used Pilot race tyres fitted.
Just wondering who religiously checks their nuts when they get the bike back from tyre place or workshop?
I have but just curious.

RE: Who checks their nuts? - BLACKZOOK - 11-09-2008

DJ I dont know how you pay for work performedShowback, my nuts dont get close enough to the mechanic for me to worry about.

No offence intended mate if it gets you a discount then nothing wrong with thatPi_tongue

RE: Who checks their nuts? - DjPete - 11-09-2008

Very good Bruce
Lol3

RE: Who checks their nuts? - Busdriver - 11-09-2008

I stripped my nut this morning. Scary

And yes I was using a tension wrench set to the correct tension.

RE: Who checks their nuts? - busakid08 - 11-09-2008

My nuts are fine - I check them every day and the missus checks them every night, all in all a good set of nuts she rekons.

You dont ride a white busa do you ??? Cos then that would make sense - you know the gay/discount thing

busakid08 Wrote:My nuts are fine - I check them every day and the missus checks them every night, all in all a good set of nuts she rekons.

You dont ride a white busa do you ??? Cos then that would make sense - you know the gay/discount thing
for your information no I dont ride a white bike.
Here just to keep you happy here's a pic of mine for you...so there
My bike

RE: Who checks their nuts? - Heidi1 - 11-09-2008

It's lovely. You are a man in touch with his own sexuality.

Thank you Heidi.
Are you still here!!?

RE: Who checks their nuts? - Billy the kid - 11-09-2008

DjPete Wrote:
busakid08 Wrote:My nuts are fine - I check them every day and the missus checks them every night, all in all a good set of nuts she rekons.

for your information no I dont ride a white bike.
Here just to keep you happy here's a pic of mine for you...so there
My bike
Wow is the first impression after looking that!!
Well,am overtighten nut has cracked swing arms,frames(zx14 frame inspection recal).
As for the rear wheel axle,the nut has to be tightened no further after it has stopped turning by hand.Not by light load or hard..

Life has tought me look after my "nuts" in general!!

RE: Who checks their nuts? - busakid08 - 11-09-2008

mmmm cuuuuttteee

Hang on a sec.
I just want to get it straight.
THAT is NOT my bike.

RE: Who checks their nuts? - BUSGO - 11-09-2008

Certainly not. DJ has one of the better Blue/Black busas of the older variety.

As for nuts. I get mine off (and back on) with a nice ring spanner - hand tight.

RE: Who checks their nuts? - pan - 11-09-2008

I usually check mine before and after a track day. They seem to come loose on track days and there's nothing worse than coming home and finding you've lost a nut!

now I can't take any of you seriously...

RE: Who checks their nuts? - humbussa - 11-09-2008

never thought about it...but i will now thanks for that Scary imagine that.......... you launch from the lights only to run over your front wheel with your back one!!! Aaaahhhhh