Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Which busa is better? - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Which busa is better? (/showthread.php?tid=12407)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Which busa is better? - drfunk - 29-05-2009

seeing as i'm new round here i reckon i can get away with this question...
which year busa is the ultimate hyperbike...????
i'm starting my research early as i've only just planted the seed of getting another bike for the garage in the mind of the minister of war and finance...
so, touring, comfort, reliability, smash the kwakability....you know the usual stuff... colour doesn't come into it as it'll probably end up black any way Lol2 unless i can find a colour that makes me DroolDroolDrool

Let the fun begin.....Clap

RE: Which busa is better? - kawasuki - 29-05-2009

03 model

RE: Which busa is better? - BUSGO - 29-05-2009

Gen II of course. ( you can get them in sparkling black ).
10 years of tech advancements at a bargain price. About $18k on road.
You can always get a cheap GEN 1 for much less and still a great bike but not the best.

Yep, you've opened the old can of worms again mate!

RE: Which busa is better? - CarbonBusa - 29-05-2009

This one here

Unrestricted, heaps of goodies, motor should still be good to go as been well serviced. 8k Scary

Only downfall is it is not a Copper/Silver Unrestricted Lol3

Yes an 03 onwards - had most the bugs sorted (especially the starter setup)

RE: Which busa is better? - Braddo - 29-05-2009

Hi drfunk
The K8 or The K9 and yes Let the fun begin.

RE: Which busa is better? - bigfoot - 29-05-2009

i'd go for the black or blue 07

RE: Which busa is better? - drfunk - 29-05-2009

(29-05-2009, 02:54pm)CarbonBusa Wrote: This one here

Unrestricted, heaps of goodies, motor should still be good to go as been well serviced. 8k Scary

Only downfall is it is not a Copper/Silver Unrestricted Lol3

Yes an 03 onwards - had most the bugs sorted (especially the starter setup)

pretty high k's though... i also told the war office that we could buy something in the east and ride home...i think she thinks i mean a cruiser Showback

RE: Which busa is better? - LOAFIE - 29-05-2009

Gotta be red cause there the fastest and the 05 is the best Idiot2 Biker
At the end of the day ALL busas are great, good luck with your search Pi_thumbsup

RE: Which busa is better? - Hutch99 - 29-05-2009

Trophy 99 Red/Black! everything else... "wheres my TRE???" Lol2

RE: Which busa is better? - drfunk - 29-05-2009

ok....so what's considered "high Kms" on a motor?
i know that when i bought my TL, i was told that 50,000 was just about run in, so same with the busa?

RE: Which busa is better? - TimF - 29-05-2009

I had a copper-silver and had a love/hate relationship with the colour scheme.

Personally I reckon the bodywork on the Gen1s is more stylish BUT there are so many colour schemes I dislike in the Gen1s.

Based on looks alone I would say the '04 Purple/Black is the nicest. Even bone stock they just look rad.

Not a fan of the shiny black on the K9s, the gold is nice though. As for the white ones... well BusaKid can tell us about those. Very Happy

RE: Which busa is better? - stumpy - 29-05-2009

Pi_freak2fast4u
(29-05-2009, 02:40pm)drfunk Wrote: seeing as i'm new round here i reckon i can get away with this question...
which year busa is the ultimate hyperbike...????
i'm starting my research early as i've only just planted the seed of getting another bike for the garage in the mind of the minister of war and finance...
so, touring, comfort, reliability, smash the kwakability....you know the usual stuff... colour doesn't come into it as it'll probably end up black any way Lol2 unless i can find a colour that makes me DroolDroolDrool
the 99 mod of corse chuck in a few goodies you will never look back unless you want to watch all those copys getting smaller in your mirrors the original and still the beast but saying that i would swop it for a 08 in orange but since i would need my 99 +another $10000 for one its no contest. 55,000 ks a few goodys and she still pulls 200mph with a speedo healer for accuracy where else can you get that for under 10 grand

RE: Which busa is better? - absolutebusa - 29-05-2009

well i am not the best man to reply and throw my 2 cents in but i have a blue 07 and thats a great ride for gen ones i think (and have been told) that by the time the K7 got here virtually all the bugs from that design hed been sorted but i can comment on the K8 K9
thats me two cents anyways

RE: Which busa is better? - Volvi - 29-05-2009

as my sig, the rest are all just copies. what more need to be said?

RE: Which busa is better? - Champs - 29-05-2009

OK drfunk. You should be getting the idea by now that you won't get any form of consensus from a mob who all love their busa first, and all busas second (not including wives, husband, partners - in some cases). Best idea is to get to it and buy one that suits your personal tastes and circumstances, and you will most likely figure soon after that it is the best one around anyway!

The key is to just get one :)