Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
FRONT NUMBER PLATES - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Motorcycle Council of NSW (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Thread: FRONT NUMBER PLATES (/showthread.php?tid=13141)

Pages: 1 2

FRONT NUMBER PLATES - big kev - 24-08-2009

Front Numberplates

Front Numberplates Discussion Paper
It has been proposed that adding front numberplates to motorcycles will reduce motorcyle fatalities. We find a lack of plausibility in this proposition.

We cannot identify specific safety benefits that will accrue from forcing front numberplates onto motorcycles. Neither have any been provided from government.

The impetus for front number plates appears to be driven by authoritarian blame or revenue considerations and hurt feelings resulting from photographs showing disrespect.

As a safety strategy, it appears inappropriate, a waste of resources and will fail to address the real underlying issues of motorcycle safety. MORE

Significant technical difficulties present themselves, as motorcycles have not been required to carry front number plates for over 25 years, since they were removed worldwide for tangible safety reasons. Motorcycle frontal design has evolved since that time.

Fitment of a front number plate needs to consider suspension and steering movements, engine cooling airflow, obstruction of headlight and vision as well as not re-creating safety problems for riders or pedestrians. No single solution is available for all motorcycles and there will be considerable inconvenience and confusion to riders and authorities alike.

In the administrative decision by road authorities to purchase and operate front facing cameras they have either:

Chosen to ignore motorcycles because of ill defined safety benefits, or
Failed to consider motorcycles at all.
So the proposal for front number plates is either

Based on revenue or offended feelings, or
That motorcycles are invisible to public policy
In either case, it appears that motorcyclists are being made scapegoats for a faulty administrative decision and as a result will have onerous conditions placed upon them.
MORE

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - CeeJay07 - 24-08-2009

I remember reading somewhere that a scientific materials trial was being conducted in Victoria to determine the optimum material for these front number plates. Apparantly they will more than likely be a stick-on variety, which will piss-off those of us who take great pride in the appearance of our bikes (who wants a government forced "sticker" on our bike?). The old style (mounted on the front mudguard) was outlawed for safety reasons...much the same as fishing rod holders mounted on bullbars is being outlawed today...the pose a serious danger to pedestrians (wouldn't be a danger if they got out of the bloody way!!).
Please tell me these front plates are not being reintroduced.Pi_thumbsdown

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - CeeJay07 - 25-08-2009

Keep up the good work Kev...you seem to be right on top of it mate....thanks for keeping us informedClap

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - MaldonCsalt - 25-08-2009

Good work, without people like you the governant would walk all over us enforcing absurd rules/regulations on the majority to controll a minority

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - Madmax - 28-08-2009

Go Kev!!!BikerBikerBiker

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - cheeky - 28-08-2009

have mate very into this thread..

pm heading your way kev

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - NEMESIS - 29-08-2009

"Front Numberplates Discussion Paper
It has been proposed that adding front numberplates to motorcycles will reduce motorcyle fatalities. We find a lack of plausibility in this proposition."

Wtf?
UNLESS the number plate is filled with an auto inflate balloon that caccoons the rider an bike,
an in turn
softens the blow of an impact,then NO YOU DUMB CUNTTT GOVERMENT POOFTAS
IT WILL NOT REDUCE FATALITIES.

I hate how they try justify it.
I hope the wankstain that come up with that supposed
plausible idea of the front numberplate, gets trampled by a 1000 camels.

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - 1300hayabusa - 29-08-2009

(29-08-2009, 12:56am)NEMESIS Wrote: "Front Numberplates Discussion Paper
It has been proposed that adding front numberplates to motorcycles will reduce motorcyle fatalities. We find a lack of plausibility in this proposition."

Wtf?
UNLESS the number plate is filled with an auto inflate balloon that caccoons the rider an bike,
an in turn

Money grabbing,dollar guzzling ,flea infested motherfcukers is what comes to mind!!!They use the fear factor to justify their actions instead of subsidising helmets,airjackets, golves bla bla bla and all the rest of the riding gear that we use.
What a farce,half the roads in this country are perfect for rallys and the few "good roads" left are turned into cash piniatas by us riders for the gov.I reckon the French have got it right,when they think their leaders are screwing them they instinctively react, first a public/media outrage than to the streets protesting and if that does not work than it all escalates to burn parlament down...............now that would be a sight to see!!!!!!!!!unfortuneately us Australians have no political spine when it comes down to it and things never get done or changed.

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - Hutch99 - 29-08-2009

im having trouble blocking my number plate with my foot while going past a speed camera, let alone block one in the front aswel!!!hahahahaha

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - big kev - 08-09-2009

update: front rego lables

Kathy and i have spoken to the MCC (guy stanford) whom has said that the front number plate issue in NSW is something that the MCC will be keeping a close eye on but is fairly certian that it wont go ahead as the technoligy isnt there to make this affective (VIC ROADS scraped the idea also ) so in future if there is any further action from the RTA we will allert members to whats happening

thanks Kathy,Keven
(AHC) Delegates

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - busacrankin - 10-09-2009

(29-08-2009, 07:45am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
(29-08-2009, 12:56am)NEMESIS Wrote: "Front Numberplates Discussion Paper

Wtf?
an in turn

Money grabbing,dollar guzzling ,flea infested motherfcukers is what comes to mind!!!They use the fear factor to justify their actions instead of subsidising helmets,airjackets, golves bla bla bla and all the rest of the riding gear that we use.
What a farce,half the roads in this country are perfect for rallys and the few "good roads" left are turned into cash piniatas by us riders for the gov.I reckon the French have got it right,when they think their leaders are screwing them they instinctively react, first a public/media outrage than to the streets protesting and if that does not work than it all escalates to burn parlament down...............now that would be a sight to see!!!!!!!!!unfortuneately us Australians have no political spine when it comes down to it and things never get done or changed.
Viva Le Revolution Soon my Lovelies the people will wake from their slumber. Say No to Colonial Opression, RTA Dogs & useless government.Knuppel2

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - BUSABAZZ - 15-09-2009

Here's a bit of news i'm sure we're all happy with.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26074445-421,00.html

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - big kev - 15-09-2009

Clap Clap Clap well done sir

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - 1300hayabusa - 16-09-2009

(15-09-2009, 03:18pm)BUSABAZZ Wrote: Here's a bit of news i'm sure we're all happy with.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26074445-421,00.html

Top post ClapClapClap
Lets see what else they are going to come up with next.Overwieght people cant ride????maybe!!!! farting while riding is illegal cause of fumes?????who knows!!!!!these colonial fcukers always have an upyourbum policy for us to lube up and enjoy

RE: FRONT NUMBER PLATES - bigfoot - 16-09-2009

the guy in the photo's got some nice safety gear on, but top read!