Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Technical Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=1413)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - andycool - 07-05-2006

40,000 klms and I just had a nice noise appear!!!

We had a look at the Cam cain and the cam chain tensioner and it was extended its full length which is about 2cm and my mechanic, said it use to be about 3cm long and we looked at a gixxer 1000 tensioner and it is definitely about 1cm longer!!

The cam chain is ok obviously, just no adjustment in the tensioner so at 40,000klms I need a new chain, which sux!!

My bike sounds like a ducati at the moment with the nice tapping sound

NOT HAPPY Mr Suzuki!!!!!
Blue Thunder!!!!

Andrew :)

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i>Edited by: andycool&nbsp; at: 15/5/06 3:57 pm
</i>

Re: Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - CAS3234 - 07-05-2006

Has the recall been done on yours Andy?

If it has, it is obviously not right, get in touch with Suzuki Aust and let them know.
Call them, let them know what has been told to you/ or what you found when the cam chain was inspected.
Give them the contact details of your mate so they can verify the info.
Ask them where they would like you to take it to have it repaired/ inspected by their mechanics.

DO NOT SAY YOU HAVE BEEN ON A DRAG STRIP!!!!!

Good luck. <i></i>

Re: Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - Max - 07-05-2006

I did my first can chain on the black and blue at 27k kays mate. I don't know how Lee treated the bike, he was the first owner and a list member here, whenever I pushed him for info on servicing, how he rode etc he just clammed up. I wonder if he was a drag strip hero? hhmmmm

Max
Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>

Re: Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - Blackkat - 07-05-2006

Andy,

Might also be a broken tesioner blade?

Dont ride it till you fix it!

OK to call him out now Pan....hehehehe

Leonard. <i></i>

cam chain - spamanglenn - 07-05-2006

Maybe this is retarding your cam timing giving you all that top end and slow starts.Say goodbye to 140+ Andy. <i></i>

> cam chain - Fat Busa Racing 1347 - 07-05-2006

Mine's done over 60th k's and has had the life floged out of

her over a 4years now,down the strip. and has had the recall

done and never givin me any problems. Now it has a bigger

cam and ajs cam sprockets to deal with. WE will se how it

holds up................ and she's a 2000mdl

Regards Richard........... <i></i>

Re: > cam chain - simmo - 07-05-2006

Quote:OK to call him out now Pan....hehehehe
Quick Pan take him on, it's alway going to happen to him taking the Mighty Copper ones.

Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just a poor slow copies !!!!!<i></i>

Re: > cam chain - AstroBusa - 08-05-2006

May as well have it chromed while you're at it Andy ! Or maybe you can get a blue one ?? The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>

cam chain - andycool - 08-05-2006

Well took the bike out to Col today at 10/10ths, hmmmmm possible first Diagnosis does not good!!!
Col thinks the noise is coming from the left as well as the right side of the bike , so a little more Mechanical than the chain, I am so sad as I will be without the bike for a while and it doesnt sound like it will be good to my wallet!!!

Blue Thunder!!!!

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i></i>

Re: cam chain - simmo - 08-05-2006

Looks like a case of too much Blue Bling to me, but good luck anyway.
Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just a poor slow copies !!!!!<i></i>

I am going to cry!!!!re Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - andycool - 09-05-2006

So I just found out the Cam chain has jumped one to two teeth and oil in the cylinders and there has been a bit of banging on the valves

Its pretty bad seeing I dont give my bike a hard time , launch at 3-4000 revs always look after it and this is what I get for it!!!!!

Engine has to come out and will be without it for a while , I will miss compaq attack !!!!

I need a DRINK or 20!!!!!!!

Whatever little Japanese guy put my cam chain on I would like to have a friendly chat with

Oh well Cols going to make it go faster now
Blue Thunder!!!!

Blue and Silver Bling the Best thing!!!!!<i>Edited by: andycool&nbsp; at: 9/5/06 5:51 pm
</i>

Re: I am going to cry!!!!re Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - Djpete - 09-05-2006

sorry to hear that Andy... Cheers,
Pete

djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i></i>

Re: I am going to cry!!!!re Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - gazza414 - 09-05-2006

I'm amazed it even runs if indeed the chain has jumped 2 teeth. Expect what Pan experienced unfortunately Andy. <i></i>

Re: I am going to cry!!!!re Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - AstroBusa - 10-05-2006

Geeze Andy... thats crap news. I hope it isn't as bad as it looks/sounds. Good luck with it.

Its hard to understand how this could happen, considering how gently you ride it and how it never gets thrashed or anything. Inexplicable. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>

Re: I am going to cry!!!!re Cam Chain annoyance!!!!! - Max - 10-05-2006

Bad luck blue brother, it seems that the cam chain may well be our achillies heel. Mine is making some serious noises that go away when it warms up. I did the cam 16k ago.Hmm it may be time for an upper engine tune, I haven't had to change any shims as yet, it may be that time is here. Hope your engine gets back together with a minimum of wallet damage Andy.

Max - The Blues Rule

Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
<i></i>