Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 (/showthread.php?tid=14749)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - BUSGO - 27-03-2010

Travelling on a nice secluded bit of road this morning and I arrived behind a Nissan X trail going 60 in an 80 zone in the overtaking lane.
I followed for about 4 nice bends and she looks at me in the rear view mirror but continues on.
We come to a nice 100 metre straight section so I did the rediculous and went to ride past on the left side.
As soon as I got level with her, she darts for the left lane.
Horn blasts and skidding tyres had no effect she just kept coming and took out my right handlebar.
By this time I am going at about 20ks an hour and over the top goes I.
Took the full force of the bike going down on my right hip and the helmet.
I will be very sore tomorrow I am told but after a bit of shock was able to ride the bike home to the local police station to report it all.

Bike damage.

See the skid marks and scrapes.
No where to go with the big gutter lining the road and her moving left and applying her brakes at the same time.

Looks like I get to test my insurance company and hers.

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - big kev - 27-03-2010

sorry to here bout your bike mate but am really glad your ok , the insurance companys can duke it out over whos right and wrong mate

glad your ok and not seriously hurt

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - Natcam - 27-03-2010

Shit Ray thats no good. Glad it was only minor and at a slow speed. Good to see that you will be ok though. Doesn't look like too much damage done to the bike.

This is one of those stories where we will hear about a bike going down and the lady in the car has never been in an accident, but caused plenty !

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - bazman - 27-03-2010

(27-03-2010, 01:07pm)big kev Wrote: sorry to here bout your bike mate but am really glad your ok , the insurance companys can duke it out.....

+1.

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - CeeJay07 - 27-03-2010

At least your Ok Busgo....the bike can be repaired (even though it's painful to see your pride & joy scratched to the shithouse)...hope you heal OK

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - Bill Gaheer - 27-03-2010

(27-03-2010, 01:27pm)bazman Wrote:
(27-03-2010, 01:07pm)big kev Wrote: sorry to here bout your bike mate but am really glad your ok , the insurance companys can duke it out.....

+1.
+1

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - Leviathan - 27-03-2010

I'm really sorry to read this Busgo, but I'm glad you're OK and able to tell the tale.

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - simmo - 27-03-2010

Ouch, if the frame is scratched he comes the K10

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - Rainbow7 - 27-03-2010

Yet another example of why women should only be allowed to drive small cars. I have often noticed that women in 4WD vehicles are very aggressive and drive like idiots.

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - cheeky - 27-03-2010

ouch the poor bike..we are feeling your pain Ray..

glad too hear your ok i still think a quick trip too emergency would have been a great idea..just to document your injuries for insuranvce purposes.

(Must remeber not to be agressive whilst driving our landcruiser,because thats all i feel driving the mighty diesil 6cyl.the power is just inspirational.I should remeber not drive it, that time of the month.)
Its tricky delemia you have Ray. yes its illegal to sit in the overtaking lane unless your overtaking.
however riding up the inside lane ,is not good either..buttttttt geez she was sitting in the wrong lane but the golden rule never overtake on the left..

will be worth trying the insurance company..

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - BUSGO - 27-03-2010

Yeah. The police suggested that I should report in but he noted the injuries in his report.
I should have know better than to go round the left.
Thanks to everyone for best wishes. The bike fared worse than I did and is worse than shows in the pic.
Helmet saved my life and excellent gloves have big scrapes off the palm sliders.

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - BabyBusa - 27-03-2010

Hey Ray

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad to hear you are ok. You are correct though, you will be sore and sorry tomorrow Frown.

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - ROD - 27-03-2010

(27-03-2010, 03:49pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: Yet another example of why women should only be allowed to drive small cars. I have often noticed that women in 4WD vehicles are very aggressive and drive like idiots.

Your in trouble Scary

Glad you came through it ok Ray could have been much worse Did she even stop

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - BabyBusa - 27-03-2010

(27-03-2010, 03:49pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: Yet another example of why women should only be allowed to drive small cars. I have often noticed that women in 4WD vehicles are very aggressive and drive like idiots.

What a male chauvanistic response, which I take offence to!!!!!

Not only do I drive a Volkswagon Golf GTi but I also drive a Nissan Patrol, am a committee member of the Nissan Patrol 4wd Club of NSW/ACT. Not only do I drive the Patrol 4wdriving (its intended purpose) but I also drive it on the road. At no point of time am I an agressive driver nor do I drive like an idiot! I have completed a defensive driver training course and also a 4wd driver training course.

Sorry Ray to Hijacked your thread.

RE: 4X4 1 Hayabusa 0 - Legend - 27-03-2010

Sorry to hear about the mishap Ray,

But wern't you just travelling along in the left lane at the limit, when she suddenly vered on to you......I dont think you were overtaking Coolsmiley

Leonard.