Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Hayabusa Track Bike - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Photos (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Member Photos (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Hayabusa Track Bike (/showthread.php?tid=15086)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - pan - 13-11-2011

Mine's not a "carbon Busa"
It's just an immitation carbon/kevlar Busa

The original CB was an inspiration that lead to me building this!

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - Greeny_SA - 13-11-2011

(13-11-2011, 10:16pm)pan Wrote: Mine's not a "carbon Busa"
It's just an immitation carbon/kevlar Busa

The original CB was an inspiration that lead to me building this!

Look's great Mate .Your raising the bar pretty High .

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - pan - 26-11-2011

Lost another 650 gms... the carbon fender is 400gms less than the plastic, and Legend managed to scrape off another 250gms...

[Image: moreweightlossNov2011.jpg]

Bike (according to my calculations) is now 194.8kgs with a full tank... or probably under 190kgs with less fuel!!

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - BEAU - 26-11-2011

Is this bike fitted with titanium nuts, bolts, and do you still run std axles?

Titanium nuts on the wheels only. Axles and the rest of the bolts are stock... on the "To Do" list...

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - Ward P - 26-11-2011

(26-11-2011, 05:03pm)pan Wrote: Titanium nuts on the wheels only. Axles and the rest of the bolts are stock... on the "To Do" list...

I think replacing, or just deleting a nut . . . or 2 was discussed very early in this thread. Lol3
To ride this to it's ability now will definitely need both nuts methinks!

just thinking . . .
did the battery thing ever eventuate? Or is it possible to replace it with a Capacitor? If you're not running lights you only need enough power to supply spark and run the ecu. Jump start it with an external battery?
How about an external starter motor? If you could lose the starter motor it would save a heap of weight. (bit embarrassing if you stalled it)

I'll just have another cider now and shut up. Beer

(26-11-2011, 07:11pm)Ward P Wrote: I think replacing, or just deleting a nut . . . or 2 was discussed very early in this thread. Lol3
To ride this to it's ability now will definitely need both nuts methinks!

just thinking . . .
did the battery thing ever eventuate? Or is it possible to replace it with a Capacitor? If you're not running lights you only need enough power to supply spark and run the ecu. Jump start it with an external battery?
How about an external starter motor? If you could lose the starter motor it would save a heap of weight. (bit embarrassing if you stalled it)

I'll just have another cider now and shut up. Beer

The battery thing DID happen! I totally forgot to add it to the thread...

Here it is:
[Image: Busabattery.jpg]

I remember seeing a Busa drag bike in the US years ago that had the starter removed and had a kick-start. Losing the starter probably won't happen for me. Just like I've kept the side stand. I am sticking to making the bike light but practical! Maybe one day...

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - pan - 25-03-2012

Hi. Put some stickers on the track bike fairings...

[Image: DSC_00253.jpg]
[Image: DSC_002311.jpg]
[Image: DSC_00244.jpg]
[Image: DSC_002212.jpg]

What do you think? Is that:

(a) too much
(b) enough
© not enough
(d) I want to see a "shopping list down the side"

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - Greeny_SA - 25-03-2012

c mate .

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - PEENEE_5000 - 26-03-2012

(d) saweeeeet!

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - simmo - 26-03-2012

So you got Titanium nuts Pan I thought there was something odd about you,Lol2

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - pan - 26-03-2012

Yep. Titanium nuts and screws. I've got a few left overs too. Do you want some Simmo? A couple of people have mentioned you may have a few screws missing...

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - simmo - 26-03-2012

(26-03-2012, 07:31am)pan Wrote: Yep. Titanium nuts and screws. I've got a few left overs too. Do you want some Simmo? A couple of people have mentioned you may have a few screws missing...

My nuts are fine mate, but may have a couple of screw loose Lol2

& B but I may change my mind when I go past you at the track

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - pan - 26-03-2012

(26-03-2012, 03:10pm)simmo Wrote: I may change my mind when I go past you at the track

...maybe when I'm in pit lane...

(I love trash talk Lol3)

RE: Hayabusa Track Bike - Heidi1 - 26-03-2012

HEY!! A win is a WIN! I've passed Bruce HEAPS of times!!!!!

(usually pushing the bike into or out of scrutineering, but see comment above!!)