Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Gen.II (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice (/showthread.php?tid=16714)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - Tony Nitrous - 20-02-2011

Not sure if this will effect AU.
The US has lots of unsold 2008/09 stock.
(US$8000 B-king ride away anyone?)
Not sure how it effects bikes already sold and registered.
Havent seen any VIN numbers yet.

[Image: rectr.jpg]

RE: K8 Rectifiers - bazman - 20-02-2011

yeah Tony,

it HAS affected Oz mate....my bro had TWO '09 busa's with dodgy rectifiers....Suzuki Aust. didn't wanna know about the problem initially....but he dug his heels in, and eventually they repaired both under warranty!
I know a few here have also had similar probs....

RE: K8 Rectifiers - Tony Nitrous - 20-02-2011

These might be just US numbers ?
VIN's are quite different to my B-Kings after the first JS1....

[Image: bkrec.jpg]

RE: K8 Rectifiers - Maj - 20-02-2011

They all use the same rectifier, no different requirement for different countrys, just the laws of each country are different to the obligation of the parent company .
Worst case i have heard of in the US is one rectifier caught fire at a fuel stop , owner was lucky to recognise the problem and push it away from the pumps before dousing it with water.
Imagine hitting Suzki with
" well my rectifier failed and i'm after warranty ........ including the bike ,2 cars and a petrol station " ;)

RE: K8 Rectifiers - Belzybob - 05-03-2011

(20-02-2011, 06:49pm)Maj Wrote: They all use the same rectifier, no different requirement for different countrys, just the laws of each country are different to the obligation of the parent company .
Worst case i have heard of in the US is one rectifier caught fire at a fuel stop , owner was lucky to recognise the problem and push it away from the pumps before dousing it with water.
Imagine hitting Suzki with
" well my rectifier failed and i'm after warranty ........ including the bike ,2 cars and a petrol station " ;)
I noticed this week that the rectumfrier (long story) on the 2011 is located at the rear of the belly pan. Is this new or at least recent and post the cooking problem?

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - BUSGO - 07-03-2011

The rectifier on all GEN II busas was located in the belly pan as far as I know.
Interestingly the fuel tank overflow tube runs right past it and is supposed to be pushed through the under wing to drain under the bike.. I have seen many gen IIs with the overflow tubes just going into the under wing tray.

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - Rev004 - 11-04-2011

Just Recieved a letter today from Suzuki Australia and yes it appears that this issue will be impact here in Aus.

[attachment=11550]

Cheers Rev004

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - Troopmaster - 11-04-2011

Got the same letter myself today REV, my K9 is booked in!

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - Coach - 11-04-2011

Same here guys got mine in the mail today.Its speading!

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - Iburgr - 12-04-2011

Ditto, got mine last night also, Suzuki is certainly going to be busy Lol2

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - Bill Gaheer - 12-04-2011

I didnt get any letters - just got the problem - I think I am the problem child.....

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - andcad - 12-04-2011

Got mine today aswell

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - Iburgr - 13-04-2011

Lol2 Cheer up Bill, lifes not that bad

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - davecrowley - 14-04-2011

Yep, me to.

RE: K8 Rectifiers Recall notice - Suz#5 - 15-04-2011

Mines done Very Happy