Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
dunlop sportsmart - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Hayabusa Tyres, Wheels & Suspension (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: dunlop sportsmart (/showthread.php?tid=17385)

Pages: 1 2

dunlop sportsmart - grantxr6t - 27-06-2011

Has anyone tried this dunlop new sportsmart tyre yet.Good right up in knee down,but they would hardly say they are no good.Cheers all

RE: dunlop sportsmart - Greeny_SA - 27-06-2011

(27-06-2011, 06:07pm)grantxr6t Wrote: Has anyone tried this dunlop new sportsmart tyre yet.Good right up in knee down,but they would hardly say they are no good.Cheers all

Moshy & I were at our Tyre guy's place Today,To get him to order some Avon Storm's for us & we mentioned those Dunlop's & He reckoned they are not as SPECIAL as the Hype would lead one to believe, Thats the Only thing I've heard .

RE: dunlop sportsmart - grantxr6t - 27-06-2011

(27-06-2011, 06:56pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(27-06-2011, 06:07pm)grantxr6t Wrote: Has anyone tried this dunlop new sportsmart tyre yet.Good right up in knee down,but they would hardly say they are no good.Cheers all

Moshy & I were at our Tyre guy's place Today,To get him to order some Avon Storm's for us & we mentioned those Dunlop's & He reckoned they are not as SPECIAL as the Hype would lead one to believe, Thats the Only thing I've heard .

Hard to judge what they are like.Ive got to get a set of tyres.Back tyre on the new busa Just gone down to wear mark.5000ks.I was thinking about avons. bridgestones are ok.But would like abit more ks out of a tyre.Have some good corners around western victoria,

RE: dunlop sportsmart - bigjay - 28-06-2011

got 'em on my '11 speed triple. for me, the perfect tyreYes

RE: dunlop sportsmart - Pommie - 28-06-2011

I got Roadsmarts and love em

RE: dunlop sportsmart - ross79 - 28-06-2011

Also interested to hear some feedback on these as I'm currently running roadsmarts and very happy with them.

RE: dunlop sportsmart - davecrowley - 28-06-2011

I have a roadsmart on the rear and will be putting a sportsmart on the front.

RE: dunlop sportsmart - grantxr6t - 28-06-2011

(28-06-2011, 09:18pm)davecrowley Wrote: I have a roadsmart on the rear and will be putting a sportsmart on the front.

Well thats great feed back.You only find out if you ask.Going to put a bridgey back on 016.got it for $300 at my local dealer where i got the bike.He said they retail for $355.Is that right.He will fit on my 6000k service.cheersCoolsmiley

RE: dunlop sportsmart - busakid08 - 29-06-2011

An excellent tire - have used 4 sets now and great on the twisties, way better then the Bridges IMO, have run them on the track a few times with great results :)

PS I have a set of brand new Q2 for $300 in the sale section

RE: dunlop sportsmart - bioDog - 29-06-2011

Just bought a set of the sportsmax Q2 for $300 delivered from that Rocky mountain place , should have them on by the weekend.

RE: dunlop sportsmart - DisPlaCeD - 18-07-2011

Have them, love them, mine took a while to get the green off them though... BUT, When you get them working you can see the dual compound, hard in the middle, soft(er) on the outsides... they go a slightly different colour to the centre (@donovandon100 can confirm this when he noticed it on my BKing after a little ride through the hillside)... :)

RE: dunlop sportsmart - playswithnitro - 18-07-2011

I wrote that and still stand by what I wrote. If they were no good, they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near as much coverage as they did.

GREENY: Ask your tyre guy if he has tried them himself.

They also rated very well in the Superbike Comparo in the current issue of Rapid Bikes.

RE: dunlop sportsmart - Luckybusa - 16-08-2011

Just put them on today,but being shit weather went straight back home,so no report as yet.From what Ive read and been told by a few that use them is there the best all rounder they've had.Was gonna go rosso corsas but while tossing the coin went for the sportsmart. GC's fitted them up for $500

RE: dunlop sportsmart - sutur - 17-08-2011

Got them front & rear.

They're good :)

RE: dunlop sportsmart - Pommie - 17-08-2011

(16-08-2011, 04:22pm)Luckybusa Wrote: Just put them on today,but being shit weather went straight back home,so no report as yet.From what Ive read and been told by a few that use them is there the best all rounder they've had.Was gonna go rosso corsas but while tossing the coin went for the sportsmart. GC's fitted them up for $500

$500 ARGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

I got mine sent here from the US, $313.00 delivered to the door and paid $20 to have them fitted and balanced