Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
Annual model release date - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Thread: Annual model release date (/showthread.php?tid=17801)

Pages: 1 2

Annual model release date - TonyTripleA - 17-09-2011

I realise not much is available on the "next" model Busa, but I thought some more experienced minds might have an idea at about what time of year Suzuki announces and releases the next year models.

I'm now decided on a new busa (mmmm...) got my old bike up for sale, and was wondering if its only a month or so whether I'd be best to wait and see what the new colours etc might be when they are announced?

Believe me when I say I have trolled the web, certainly no clue easily found.

Oh, I should add, the thing that sold me on the Busa was test riding one!

Cheers,

Tony AAA

RE: Annual model release date - BLACKZOOK - 17-09-2011

Welcome Tony.

RE: Annual model release date - creamy - 17-09-2011

The only problem I have with my 2011 Busa is I never want get off it. I test rode one in the morning and rode my new one home that afternoon.

RE: Annual model release date - Doogie - 17-09-2011

SmittenI love mine it was my xmas presentBiker

RE: Annual model release date - De5nake - 17-09-2011

Guessing it's every 7 or 8 years since gen 1 was from 1999-2007 but who knows

RE: Annual model release date - Greeny_SA - 17-09-2011

Even Suzuki's 2012 Vstrom has std ABS & Traction control , so they may have to at least offer that soon . Whether it's a good or a bad thing,They'll
get left behind without it on the Busa .

RE: Annual model release date - Ward P - 17-09-2011

With all the "bells and whistles" that are going to be on the new ZX14 (review in latest Australian Motor cycle) I sure hope there will be a few serious upgrades for the new 'busa, or else it will be left behind.
I'm now holding out for the Gen3!

RE: Annual model release date - Ward P - 17-09-2011

The new 14 is out October 10th. (I assume that is the US launch date)

RE: Annual model release date - Belzybob - 17-09-2011

(17-09-2011, 07:51pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Even Suzuki's 2012 Vstrom has std ABS & Traction control , so they may have to at least offer that soon . Whether it's a good or a bad thing,They'll
get left behind without it on the Busa .

Thing is the Busa is not a mainstream bike and worldwide the Vstroms probably outsell many times over. With the current world market I wouldn't plan on seeing any new Busa for some time.

I can't get excited about the Kwacker, its pig ugly and with the record that the ZX10 has in Superbikes, its probably only good in the wet!

RE: Annual model release date - TonyTripleA - 18-09-2011

(17-09-2011, 06:09pm)creamy Wrote: The only problem I have with my 2011 Busa is I never want get off it. I test rode one in the morning and rode my new one home that afternoon.

Creamy, sounds like you have found the right bike. I'm not going to hold out, I'm just curious as to when its out based on more colour choices (and that's my very last priority)...

Cheers,

TonyAAA

RE: Annual model release date - creamy - 18-09-2011

I thought about the new model release date, however from what I had read there would only be colour changes and I wanted a blue one anyhow. I like the blue and more importantly my mrs likes blue and once I had a test ride I was sold.

RE: Annual model release date - BUSGO - 19-09-2011

Suzuki normally release the next year colour update here in Australia during Oct/Nov.
If there were going to be hardware updates I think we would have seen something by now.
Yeah! Go the blue.

RE: Annual model release date - TonyTripleA - 19-09-2011

(19-09-2011, 01:24am)BUSGO Wrote: Suzuki normally release the next year colour update here in Australia during Oct/Nov.
If there were going to be hardware updates I think we would have seen something by now.
Yeah! Go the blue.

yep Busgo, I think you may be right... not expecting any updates other than colours. And my (very) helpful local bike shop is going to ask Suzuki for me so I'll let you know if there is a date coming up soon.

I do think the blue has me anyway. I'll probably ask advice on pipes etc in a separate thread after I've done some research on large number of suggestions here - its so helpful to have all the experience in one place! Thanks all!

TonyAAA

RE: Annual model release date - sutur - 19-09-2011

gen1's kick arse.
gen2's kick arse.
the next one will kick arse, they all do :-)

RE: Annual model release date - bRoWnEyE - 02-10-2011

I've heard that they are expecting to arrive around December .
No real changes except colour scheme & maybe a red one too ??