Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Riding - Not Talking (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 (/showthread.php?tid=20044)

Pages: 1 2

East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Batfink - 07-02-2013

Comon all u Tassie riders... lets get together again. The Strathgordon ride was great (just NO TRIUMPHS this time)

Looking at organising a loop run to east coast from Campbell Town (CT).. a leisurely loop ride experiencing all the roads in Tassie you enjoy.
sweeping corners of Lake Leake Pi_thumbsup
fun corners into Swansea turn-off
lunch at my bro's cafe in Swansea Drool
coast run up past Bicheno
the twists of Targa's St mary's Pass Scary
perfect country straights and curves of Fingal to Ormley
back to CT for a quiet Beer

all up about 250 klm of bliss.... Yes

thinking of leaving CT about 10am, lunch at Swansea, lots of pic stopping and back at CT by 4pm

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - GOOFTROOP - 07-02-2013

250ks for some,,650ks for others Lol3
just another weekends riding in Tassie..I'm inPi_thumbsup

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Batfink - 07-02-2013

then I suppose the next one should be the west coast so u stop complaining LOL

jokes mate.. look forward to seeing ya there (another war torn busa LOL)

PS not jokin about the west coast run though.. I do wanna go up over Great lake and take those damn sweet road down to lylle highway
Okay thats 2.... we know triffstar can't make it so what about you ROD.. get ur camera and come on up.. and you too Aussiesteve?? (I will be txtin u until u say yes ROFL)

How many members are/were Tassie peeps ROD?? We can't have dj beatin us in numbers on the Great Ocean Road run...

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Aussie Steve - 07-02-2013

Got your sms Tony will reply ...both here and sms. Will be a probable...weather dependent will sms more info

Steve

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Batfink - 08-02-2013

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - busa - 08-02-2013

Hi Tony,
Got your message will try and come along for the ride dependant on whether and work commitments.
regards
Busa

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Driller - 08-02-2013

Where were you blokes back in 08 &10 we did trips down there and just about every road in Tassie in 6 days 3800ks loved the east coast run Lake Leak ect stayed at the Pub at St Marys great Accommodation West coast was also great Savage River was a good run to.
You do live in a nice part of the world thats for sure next time I get down that way it maybe on a Adventura Bike get on those roads between roads have a good run

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Batfink - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 02:00pm)Driller Wrote: Where were you blokes back in 08 &10 we did trips down there and just about every road in Tassie in 6 days 3800ks loved the east coast run Lake Leak ect stayed at the Pub at St Marys great Accommodation West coast was also great Savage River was a good run to.
You do live in a nice part of the world thats for sure next time I get down that way it maybe on a Adventura Bike get on those roads between roads have a good run

LOL Driller.. in 08 & 10 the busa was just a remembered itch in my crotch.. didn;t get mine until 11..
If you want to do roads in Tas I can show you many as I have visited every pub in Tas over the years.. LOTS of great roads that are not well known and LOTS of different ways to get to the same place. Next time you are down give me a call and we will def find some unexplored (for mainlanders) roads Coolsmiley

Tassie is about 1000 klm just doing the outer ring road, 10x that when you start to really look..
perfect for Biker

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - ROD - 08-02-2013

Sounds like a good plan Pi_thumbsup

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Batfink - 12-02-2013

weather update for Taasie East Coast 17/02

mid to high 20's and mainly sunny Yes

SO comon all us Two headed Taswegians.. get ur bikes outta closet and come for a ride and if ur bike isn't ridable tehn beg, borrow or steal one anyway Lol2

YESES:
Batfink
GOOFTROOP
ROD
MAYBES:
Aussie Steve
busa
davrai

EVERY1 else is welcome to Biker if u can make it

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - GOOFTROOP - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 08:25am)Batfink Wrote: weather update for Taasie East Coast 17/02

SO comon all us Two headed Taswegians.. get ur bikes outta closet and come for a ride and if ur bike isn't ridable tehn beg, borrow or steal one anyway Lol2
Busa needs tyre and may not get in time so could be on my Blade..
No Triumphs allowed Pi_tongue

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Batfink - 12-02-2013

(12-02-2013, 09:35am)GOOFTROOP Wrote:
(12-02-2013, 08:25am)Batfink Wrote: weather update for Taasie East Coast 17/02

Busa needs tyre and may not get in time so could be on my Blade..
No Triumphs allowed Pi_tongue

UPDATE.. if ur gunna beg borrow or steal another bike please make sure it's NOT a Triumph Lol2
It seems the local Tassie busa have an alergic reaction to Triumph Sprints... they tend to come out in road rash on the RHS
and it can be very contagious to any busa in close proximity

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Aussie Steve - 14-02-2013

Still turning up at Kings Meadows at 9:00am. If, by any chance, its pissing down I'll come in the Triton so you guys have a back up lol!

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - Batfink - 15-02-2013

UPDATE FOR ALL TASWEGIANS Knuppel2

for those watching the weather....

mid to HIGH 20's
sunny with some cloud scatter
N-NE winds 5-30 kph

IN OTHER WORDS PERFECT FOR Biker Biker

Brothers Cafe will be open Yes
icecream gilato's to steak sandwiches.. mineral water to beer Drool
  • filling up at Kings Meadows Woolworths Caltex @ 9:00 (see you there Aussie Steve)
  • calling into Perth Roadhouse @ 9:30 (see you there GOOFTROOP)
  • landing in Campbell Town @ 10am (see you there ROD)
  • starting run sometime later.. maybe about 10:30

lots of stops for pics on teh Lake Leake Hwy so probably be in Swansea for lunch(ish) then long way back to Campbell town by 4:00pm

FOR THOSE THAT HAVE TO WORK

go to Doctor and get Certificate for BUSAMATOSIS Coolrasta

cya all there

RE: East Coast Loop - Tassie 17/02 - ROD - 15-02-2013

Where in Campbell Town Caltex servo ok Had a nice Steak national pie there when i bought the busa over Pi_thumbsup