Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED
TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - Printable Version

+- Welcome to The Australian Hayabusa Club Forum - ARCHIVE ONLY VERSION - NEW REGISTRATIONS & POSTS DISABLED (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB)
+-- Forum: Bike Discussions (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Forum: Riding - Not Talking (https://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=21551)

Pages: 1 2

TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - Batfink - 03-04-2014

After finally finding the dates for Phillip Island Superbikes in February 2015 (20-22 unconfirmed) I am now throwing up a tour date for riding around Tasmania.

I have chosen February as the weather is more predictable and suited to riding than any other time of the year. While it can get bloody cold at any time there is better chance of regular riding weather.

The poll is to start looking at numbers as I would like to get as many group booking organised as possible to save us all some cash...

The idea is to tour around Tassie and end up at Phillip Island for the races. As I have never been to P.I. for any event some hints and guidance to dates would be greatly appreciated. So far this is the idea...

DAY 1. (Saturday 14th) off boat and riding around north, along Walls of Jerusalem, Cradle Mountain and back roads to Launceston.

Day 2. (Sunday 15th) Up the Tamar river and over to East coast ending up at Coles Bay Caravan Park

DAY 3. (Monday 16th) got to do the Lake Leake run again LOL down the east coast and end up in Hobart somewhere

DAY 4. (Tuesday 17th) do the Cygnet loop ride but hook on down to Southport (southern most point of Tassie roads) then back to Hobart

DAY 5. (Wednesday 18th) Ride to Strathgordon Dam and back with a detour up to Botham and back to Hobart (an option could be head over to West coast at this stage??)

DAY 6. (Thursday 19th) ride to west coast and staying at Strahan

DAY 7. (Friday 20th) work our way up west coast, hook a left and ride to Smithton then back to Devonport for boat

DAY 8.(Saturday 21st) ride to Phillip Island and get settles for 2 days of racing

All accommodation at this stage to be shared rooms/cabins, including boat..

more and more details to come as questions are asked...

My missus is happy to set up bank acc to handle moneys so that it can be all paid for as a group.

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - David - 15-04-2014

Sounds good I'm sure I'm in just near to check a few thing first

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - busboy - 19-04-2014

sounds great , be nice to get back on the bike, havnt done a big ride in ages..cheers Tony..

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - Batfink - 23-04-2014

a rough itinerary........

Day 1
[img][Image: D1_zps0d98f2d3.png][/img]

Day 2
[img]
[Image: D2_zps476b705b.png]

Day 3
[img][Image: D3_zps3f2246f2.png][/img]

Day 4
[img][Image: D4_zps90ffe247.png][/img]

Day 5
[img][Image: D5_zpsdb15fe7c.png][/img]

Day 6
[img][Image: D6_zps3069f4a2.png][/img]

Day 7
[img][Image: D7_zps6bdff93b.png][/img]

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - mozzie26 - 23-04-2014

Hey Tony you missed one road,....................... one of my favorite!

it's only a very rough outline... will be getting all ideas together and getting a final route closer...

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - GOOFTROOP - 23-04-2014

(23-04-2014, 01:16pm)mozzie26 Wrote: Hey Tony you missed one road,....................... one of my favorite!

Which one? theres plenty of favorites..we will be nutting out a few more of the westcoast roads this weekend, Anthony link,Reece dam etc etc
I see we get to go thru gorge and stop at Yolla for burgers again Drool

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - mozzie26 - 23-04-2014

(23-04-2014, 02:29pm)GOOFTROOP Wrote:
(23-04-2014, 01:16pm)mozzie26 Wrote: Hey Tony you missed one road,....................... one of my favorite!

Which one? theres plenty of favorites..we will be nutting out a few more of the westcoast roads this weekend, Anthony link,Reece dam etc etc
I see we get to go thru gorge and stop at Yolla for burgers again Drool

Anthony Rd.Clap And Yolla Burgers.Drool

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - Driller - 23-04-2014

Hey Batty what do you have planned for after lunch on these days It looks like small K's Pi_freak

Dale, you done much Tassie riding? Our roads and close towns normally mean less ks per day. I think Wardy and others were happy with the rides they did over 3 days.

I was aiming this tour as a chance for peeps to enjoy our State and roads. I know some just want to rocket everywhere and, trust me, there are hundreds of more great Tarmac miles to ride other than what's up for offer.
No one will ever be asked to ride at any pace but when doing such a long tour I was looking more at keeping it casual for the slow assed riders (GOOFTROOP.... Shut up lol) there will be plenty of resources handed out so that you can sight see, detour, rocket or ride and all meet up at the same night stop.
The north/north east area is my baby, west/north west is GOOFTROOPs baby and I am sure we can find some one to help out on the dreaded south LOL

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - Iceman_2770 - 23-04-2014

Looks pretty good to me.. At this stage I'll come along..

Good show iceman...

Will be looking at real numbers after July to try to book stuff before everyone else books it. Feb is the major riding tourist time in Tasse

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - Batfink - 23-05-2014

Bump

Looking at getting bulk tickets for boat crossing 6 month in advance if anyone is interested... Guy on other forum is giving me a contact that might be $200-300 return with bike for shared bunk rooms

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - busarat - 23-05-2014

Sounds good batty,some of us may only know a month or two out though.The southern most loop could be promising even if you find a couple off roads simmilar that myself ,Gooftroop and Wardy found there could be potential but I would hold out for the west coast.Damn it was brilliant and that was going reasonably steady in the wet (strathgordon run) but it kept getting better the closer to queens town (by then pissing down) and slightly breezed on the last 15km, I must say though leaving there with out exploring to much there is an buttload of potential to be had. Am keen to get back and look around some more

RE: TASSIE TOUR 14-20 FEB 2015 - Ward P - 24-05-2014

Was a great trip last time, would love to come back and do it one up without half a ton of luggage!