Mobil (full) Synthetic Chain Lube
Mobil Synthetic Chain Lube?

Anyone used it before? Know where I can get a can?

I know where I can get a case (12) but really just after a can at this point.

(UNLESS- any Canberra people want to share a case at $14.35 a can?)
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
I have used it but couldnt tell the diff...every time I lube my chain it rains.....now I use any good oil available for chain. Remember to do a good cleaning job atleast every 15 days.
bgaheer Wrote:I have used it but couldnt tell the diff...every time I lube my chain it rains.....now I use any good oil available for chain. Remember to do a good cleaning job atleast every 15 days.

when you say a good cleaning job , im guessing you mean the chain - can you tell me how you do this ?
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
I clean my chain about once a month like this.
1. Start by putting the bike on a rear stand.
2. Get a chux cloth, an old toothbrush and a small dish of kero.
3. Use the toothbrush with a small amount of kero on it and lightly apply to both sides of the links. Do about 15 to 20 cms at a time as you slowly turn the back wheel.
4. After a few seconds of soak time go back and wipe both sides of the chain with the chux and all the old gunk comes off and leaves a nice shiny chain section.
5. Continue around the chain till complete.
6. A little kero on the sprocket and wheel hub does the same for getting rid of all the flingoff too.

Kero is a light lubricant so you can leave the excess kero on the rollers and just apply a little more lubricant after a couple of hundred ks of riding.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Thanks Busgo - next free hours or so i have - i will be doing this method :)

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
I use the chain cleaner (pressure can) - but the method is same as BUSGO.
I use kero as well.

DO NOT USE light spray oils such/water dispersants such as WD40 etc as they contain solvents which cause the rings to perish.

S
BUSGO Wrote:Ray wrote
3. Use the toothbrush with a small amount of kero on it and lightly apply to both sides of the links. Do about 15 to 20 cms at a time as you slowly turn the back wheel.

I bought a chain cleaning brush from canberra Motorcycle Centre that should be available about everywhere!
It has a "U" shaped head with pretty thick brush bristles on all three sides. Dip into kero and the brush chain briskly. I did the top and sides then doubled up and did the bottom plus sides. Gotta support the chain though. Makes a reasonably long cleaning job a lot shorter.

MaxAustralia2HayabusaAustralia2
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!