huge testament for the Busa
I took Sue (wife) for a fairly decent ride today about 260klm's, we left home at Buccan then went down the highway to Coomera so she could drop something off. We then went thru Guanaba to Nerang then onto the Natural bridge, then we went over the border after a brief stop to take in the view, then onto Murwillumbah. Then we went over the Burringbar range to Moobal then accross to my dads place in Pottsville. When we arrived I asked Sue about the ride and she said the Busa is at least as comfiortable as the GSX1400 I used to own and that she actually felt more at ease on the Busa. That really surprised me as I certainly wouldn't have thought the Busa to be as pillion freindly as the 14. On another note the fuel consumption was very good, we started off with a full tank and did the 260klm's and when I filled her up she only took 12.45 litres, almost 21k's per litre,Clap i'm sure the 14 was heavier than that.
(15-08-2010, 03:19pm)Steve Wrote: she actually felt more at ease on the Busa. That really surprised me as I certainly wouldn't have thought the Busa to be as pillion freindly as the 14. On another note the fuel consumption was very good, we started off with a full tank and did the 260klm's and when I filled her up she only took 12.45 litres, almost 21k's per litre,Clap i'm sure the 14 was heavier than that.

I had a pillion a few years ago fall asleep on the back of my Gen 1, in the rain, at 110 on the highway. If that's not an endorsement for a comfortable bike, I dunno what is :)

And yeah, I typically will get around 4.9 to 5.1 litres per 100 km (19-21km per litre) when riding around the countryside, even with a pillion.