Had me bike slightly modified today.
RaZ sorry to put the wind up you mate. If the bike has been repaired and you are happy with the way it turned, trust the repairer,and it is riding true their is probably not much call for alarm. Most of this is for those 'What if' occasions and hopefully the repairer has made the right call for you.

Bruce is your man again when it comes to writing Legal Letters. Not sure where he learned it but he knows his stuff, maybe he has seen inside too many Court Houses already!! Shayne

Well, still waiting to hear from QBE about whats gunna happen. The '07 model is here but I'm not taken with the new colour scheme.. Hopefully will know more this time tomorrow.

Passed on the good wishes to Mick, he is really black & blue from the bingle.

Might go window shopping tomorrow lol

Cheers
heres the list of my bikes "little" drops:

1. low side @ 80kph - respray - forks checked
1300.00 to fix (right hand side)

2. low speed drop & about 40kph or less (right hand side)
scratchs & thats it

3. Car reversed in to it - forks checked

4. low speed drop under breaks but also flicked me off it - left hand side:
cracked engine cover, cracked left hand panel, damaged rear tail plastics. 2500 respray, bar ends, engine cover @ 70 bucks: however from that little drop the hump dont sit right so I am thinking rear subframe might be bent. thus I think I should get it all checked because from what you guys are saying they bend like friggen cheese cake & need to be x-rayed. However I have done 280+ since this & its felt fine.....
"Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

true mate but rember me goin past you doin that And I've just noticed my forks are stuffed I got the frame checked at bob martin but didn't look twice at my forks, they had a really good rep but latley I've heard a few conflicting stories..

I was wondering why I have to hold them to the right to go in a straight line

seriously... Edited by: Maggot1300 at: 5/1/07 15:56
nah mine felt ok - but now I am questioning everything "Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

hey chris, If I can make it down to the spannering session I'll bring my spare subframe down and you can see if it fixes your hump problem.

The frankenbusa is gettin retired till I can sort out a time to grab gdy's forks
Don’t panic guys the mention of dye penetrant and x-ray is only to put the insurer on notice that you are concerned about the quality of the repair and to sway them towards replacing the bike as there is no way that they will bear the cost of that.

You are right mate in my previous job I spent and enormous amount of time with legal professionals, this was mostly contract law, litigation and workers compensation but it taught me the value of documenting everything just in case and also the value of wording. You can word things in such a way that it is not threatening and will not cause offence while at the same time being very very threatening indeed.

Insurance companies have overworked underpaid people sitting at their decks piled high with claims and they make the final call to repair or write off the vehicle. That person wants the claim resolved so that there is no more work for them if they think you will dispute the decision they may just take the easy road and write the thing off.

Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
f*** nos I've got Velocity