150 mph chase
Prison seems a bit harsh. WTF is the point of living if you can't run wild from time to time.
Seems like a bad place to pursue too.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7919065.stm
(03-08-2011, 07:58pm)Tony Nitrous Wrote: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7919065.stm

Wonder what his defence was ?? . . . I'm sorry your honour, but as it was a wet day I considered it unwise to max out my Hayabusa on that slippery section of road, and as that is the only reason you were able to easily read my plate from the camera. . . this therefore proves that I was riding carefully and sensibly, just like a more mature member of the community, and good father always would.

- at least . . . that would have been my defence! Pi_freak
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I think that the jail term was for riding the bike "held by boot laces" rather than speeding. In such cases one should really use the duct tape to be sure. Lol3 Lol2
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Putting other lives in danger, good on the magistrate.
I don,t mind a fast ride but I don,t like when other road user's are placed at risk.
(04-08-2011, 06:52pm)jamdonut Wrote: Putting other lives in danger, good on the magistrate.

(03-08-2011, 07:42pm)sutur Wrote: Prison seems a bit harsh. WTF is the point of living if you can't run wild from time to time.
Seems like a bad place to pursue too.
+1

every corner tells a story
Had another look at it. Is that how the alledged 150miles/hour look like? More like 50!
(05-08-2011, 08:25am)Shifu Wrote: Had another look at it. Is that how the alledged 150miles/hour look like? More like 50!

Probably just a little squirt outside the footage released. What was released was probably to emphasise the danger he and the cop were creating. It takes two to tango...
Yeah , the truth is just too boring. Media need to sensationalize it to make into a "news".
(05-08-2011, 11:32am)Shifu Wrote: Yeah , the truth is just too boring. Media need to sensationalize it to make into a "news".

+1
Divisive and unnecessary sensationalism.
The guy was a bit of a knob riding like that with his son on the back, in traffic, in the wet, though.
It's a week by week charade.
Here's one from a couple of years ago...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7919065.stm

Busa rider doing over 200kmh with his teenager on the back, in the wet!
I wouldn't do that speed on the race track without a pillion if it was wet!
(11-08-2011, 12:42pm)pan Wrote: I wouldn't do that speed on the race track without a pillion if it was wet!

Soooo ...? does this mean that your bike is now sooo light that you need the extra weight of a pillion on the back to give you enough grip to keep it stable in the wet ?? Confused Lol2
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .