V-Max
(06-03-2014, 06:47pm)Bluethunder Wrote: Hi Guys,

I Have owned and tried many Bikes mostly Suzuki's , M109R, GSXR'S 750, 1000, 1300,, at the moment I have in the Garage Track Bike GSXR1000, Work commuting Bike BMW R1200RT, Ive never had a V-MAX,
Guys Ive traded in my blue busa with tears in my eyes, I was very close to put the busa back on the trailer, but the other half did say that too many toys in the garage and should choose.
Yes I have done it the busa is gone and bought V-MAX, my busa was traded in at BRISANS new castle top machine if any body buys it.
I ve always wanted a V-Max and that will stay in the garage for a long time. When the Gen 3 busa comes out I will update then.
I hope the members don't get upset for still staying in the club.
Here are some photos of the New Monster.

Mick, Bluethunder is one of those guys that will leave a clean pair of heals to Sportsbikes that try to follow. Best of luck with the new bike mate!

Leonard.
(07-03-2014, 11:48am)Legend Wrote:

Mick, Bluethunder is one of those guys that will leave a clean pair of heals to Sportsbikes that try to follow. Best of luck with the new bike mate!

Leonard.

My point exactly. There are some who can, and many others who talk.
A good rider is a good rider.
(07-03-2014, 11:48am)Legend Wrote:

I Have owned and tried many Bikes mostly Suzuki's , M109R, GSXR'S 750, 1000, 1300,, at the moment I have in the Garage Track Bike GSXR1000, Work commuting Bike BMW R1200RT, Ive never had a V-MAX,
Guys Ive traded in my blue busa with tears in my eyes, I was very close to put the busa back on the trailer, but the other half did say that too many toys in the garage and should choose.
Yes I have done it the busa is gone and bought V-MAX, my busa was traded in at BRISANS new castle top machine if any body buys it.
I ve always wanted a V-Max and that will stay in the garage for a long time. When the Gen 3 busa comes out I will update then.

Leonard.
Thanks Mate, Im sure we will see each other on the strip and track.
Just got back from a 50km round trip on the VMax. That flashing blue light on the dash is addictive.
Recently I took part in a pretty intensive 2 day test for Rapid Bikes Magazine out to Cobar and back.

We were testing the BMW K1300S , Honda VFR 1200 , Yammy FJR 1300 , 2014 Busa , 2008 B-King and the Yammy V-Max.
As you can imagine , they`re all pretty hard charging bikes but for sheer monster roll-on power the V-max was second to none.
Out in the middle of nowhere there were pretty much no holds barred when it came to unleashing the power and speed of these beasties , and needless to say....we all did.(there were constant bike swaps so we all got to sample all the bikes often)

The incredible pulling power of the V-Max was simply astonishing.(..I say that as I do have a pretty good comparo to go on having owned 3 busas and currently riding a B-King)

Off the mark , all these other bikes on test would beat the V-Max fairly easily....as it`s quite a big and heavy lumbering beast to get going.
For top speed , the same , all these others would simply fly passed the Max (as it kinda runs out of puff at about 230-240kph)...(and the Busa of course was absolutely "uncatchable").
But for sheer power roll-ons , in any gear on the move , the Max simply out-muscled everyone (surprisingly even beating the massive torque of the busa and b-king)

This trip was really about power and speed on long long never ending straights so we didn`t get any sort of chance to test any of the bikes through the twisties.(that`ll be for another day.)

There`s a really good feature write-up about our adventure to Cobar in the current issue of Rapid (#87)

Cheers....Franko
you can tell this is a classy place.....
the graffiti is spelt right.....!
So the V-Max only gets beat on take off, top end, and corners.
Basically everywhere in my world !

Love the 'Max's motor, but its still an overblown cruiser.
When Jeff and I tested the VMax against the K9 Busa in 2009, we found that even with my extra weight, the VMax romped away from the Busa at any road speed.

The doubters and haters round here refused to acknowledge it then and I'm sure they'll come creeping out of the woodwork again.
Today was the actual real test on My Vmax.

When we meet with the guys there are some of us that like to rip the road where we can and some guys like to take the time.
we just went from Minchinbury to Colo Heights and back.

I took it easy for the first 5 minutes just to see what I have and how it responds.
Guys if you really haven't owned both of these machines Hayabusa and Vmax and not just borrow to ride you might never get to really understand what they are. Hayabusa love it and always will.
On our ride the usually fast guys are my self a mate with ZX1400 another one with R1 and GSXR1000.
When I opened the Vmax up and started been a bit silly not just my self but the other guys as well as soon we stoped at a traffic light we all looked at each other and said that is a f#*#en animal. on the ride and through the turns on the mountain I can easily say with a bit of more effort of course because of the riding position I did nearly same as the busa, the guys could not believe that in and out of the turns I was pulling away from them with no issues.
In saying that I have not adjusted the suspension yet to my weight and on a big bump turning at a high speed I scraped the left peg if not dug it.
With all the guys we were all pretty amazed how we went.
Great machine very fun to ride cant wait to see what I can do at the drags.
The bad issue with the Vmax is the f#^@#ng small tank 15litres with 1700 v4 not good mixture. by the time I got back to Minchinbury petrol light was on. the way I rode it, it averaged 7-8-9litres/100km
Lucky I still have the BMW for longer trips.
But in all Honesty this is one machine that I think will stay in the family (for ever is a big word) but very close...

Guys please don't think I want to show off, I just thought I could share a bit of what the Vmax is capable of doing and not. and I hope I have not upset any member.

The final input is part from fuel issue if the Vmax finds its rider that will use 1700cc to its V max I can easily say the greatest machine I have ever ridden and owned.
Ilias.
Smitten Clap
With all the talk when they came out, I thought they must handle better than I observed when riding with 3 here. All it takes is someone with the skill to get the best out of them. Great read Illias! Pi_thumbsup
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .