cleaning your bike
same father different sisters.

Would love to go to Tassie in Easter.. Maybe i can convince Lozza that she doesn’t need to go to wedding expo.. Its wrecking all the ride options.

I think the bars on the busa are to narrow, does sponge grips solve the problem, if so, im sold.

If paint flaking is poor workmanship, then everyone i saw with a respray at Jindy needs to go back to the painter and complain.. if there was one without a problem then I must of missed it.

I used to use mr sheen myself.. I converted to plexus.. My feelings are that plexus seems to avoid the mr sheen smear problem.. I spent $20 on the can so I need to protect my interests in my investment. It's nothing to do with a smear campaign against the Sheen

By the way, who has an alarm on their bike ? We talked about them last night.. I dont think they stop anyone from stealing your bike, so why have one ? Same with a disc lock.. I buy one with every new bike and put it under my bed with the others.. partly cause im lazy and partly cause i think they are useless.

Have you tried the lemon scented Mr Sheen.. If Mr Sheen has something over plexus, its the range of fragrances.. Most guys probably couldn’t care less, but I have found that the chicks crowd two bikes when we are out.. Raz's cause its pink and chicks like pink and mine cause it smells lemony one week, like a forest the week after .. and so on.

I have considered using mr sheen on my tyres.. I figure one of the differences between slicks and road tyres are the grooves for water displacement. This of course makes slicks a less attractive option in the wet.. However, after a few coats of Mr Sheen or similar product, you build up a silicon layer, which repels the water making slicks a good all year round tyre for track and road.

The only way to resolve this debate is to jump on our bikes and head for a 5km ride to get our lattes, then spend a few hours talking about it.. Ride the 5km home with the latest information on cleaning products and tell everyone how although we only ride 10kms because we mostly clean and talk about cleaning our bikes we are still actually bike riders.

I find cleaning the bike a waste of time. Even though there is a drought, evertime i ride it rains. It therefore doesnt stay clean for long whether i have used plexus or mr sheen. I found the maguires quick detail was better for that and besides it has some funky cherry smell to it..

So can anyone answer my question on sponge grips ?

HOw long can you make a post before it doesnt allow the post to go through.. My guess would be around the 4mg mark because thats when the response and request objects will start getting upset. It will take me a long time to write 4mg worth of text but im probably got a good start now.

Here are some interesting facts

Mr Sheen was launched in 1953 and was considered a major innovation

the market ‘s main formats are aerosol, liquid and trigger, with aerosol’s still dominating the market with a 62% share

Mr Sheen, as a brand, is an all Australian legend, even though it has been owned by British company Reckitt & Colman since 1969

Mr Sheen is now sold in the United Kingdom, Jamaica, and Kenya, where the brand is promoted by a cartoon character depicted as a World War 1 aviator. In New Zealand the Australian Mr Sheen character is used to promote the brand. Reckitt & Colman also sells leading furniture polish products under different brand names, in South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe it is known as Mr Min and in Argentina it is sold as Mr Frend.

The Mr Sheen range contains a unique blend of silicones, waxes and solvents

Specially selected citrus and floral fragrances are used in the formulation to evoke the ambience of a freshly cleaned home

Mr Sheen was re-launched in October 1997 to bring modernity to a well liked brand that was starting to be seen as old fashioned. This included a major face-lift to the packaging and a new direction in advertising. The re-launch introduced an additional fragrance, pot pourri, and a new trigger format to attract a younger, more modern consumer to the brand.

New graphics moved away from the brown and yellow, to modern slim line cans with metallic inks in bright colours. Mr Sheen himself was spruced up with a little more hair and a more modern slant, whilst still being easily recognised as Mr Sheen.

New television advertising was created to support the re-launch that strongly reinforced modernity, cleaning credentials and the product’s versatility whilst hanging on to the key recognition points for the consumer, the character himself and the jingle.

The Hell’s Angles motorcycle group once wrote a letter praising Mr Sheen for the way he cleaned their bikes

PLEXUS:
Originally developed for aviation,
Unlike conventional waxes, Plexus cleans as it polishes.
Hazardous according to criteria of Worksafe Australia

COMPANY DETAILS
Company: R & D Enterprises
Address: 5 Diane Crt.

P.O.Box 90

Somerville VIC 3912

Telephone: (03) 5977 9575

Fax: (03) 5977 9585

A.B.N.

Emergency Telephone Number: 0411 553 310

E Mail ozplexus@alphalink.com.au

Dangerous Goods Class: 9 (Aerosol)

Subsidiary Risk (Flammability): 2.1

Hazchem Code: 2Y

Poisons Schedule Number: S5

Physical Description/Properties
Appearance: White creamy emulsion with lemon odour.
Boiling Point/Melting Point: 88°C / 6°C (Liquid)

Vapour Pressure: 23 mm Hg at 20°C (Liquid)

Specific Gravity: 0.91 (Liquid)

Flashpoint: 15°C (TCC – Liquid)

Flammability Limits: Lower LEL 3%, Upper LEL 6.5%

Solubility in Water: Negligible

Vapour Density: 1.4 (Air = 1)

Evaporation Rate 1 (Butyl Acetate = 1)

Auto Ignition Temperature 520°C (Liquid)

Ingredients:

Chemical Name CAS Number Proportions
Solvent Naptha, petroleum, 64742-89-8 23 %
light aliphatic
Propane 74-78-6 3 %

Isobutane 75-28-5 12 %

HEALTH HAZARD INFORMATION
Health Effects:
Acute:

Swallowed: Harmful if swallowed. Tends to break into foam if the patient

vomits. Aspiration into lungs may lead to chemical pneumonitis. Symptoms may include headache, dizziness,

fatigue and nausea.

Eye: Mildly irritating to the eyes.
Skin: Mildly irritating to the skin. Prolonged contact may cause defatting of the skin.

Inhaled: Harmful by inhalation. Inhalation may cause irritation to the respiratory system. May cause dizziness and nausea. Prolonged exposure to vapours may cause somnolence and narcosis.

Chronic: WARNING: INTENTIONAL MISUSE BY DELIBERATELY CONCENTRATING AND INHAILING CONTENTS CAN BE HARMFUL OR FATAL.

Repeated inhalation or dermal exposure may cause sensitization dermatitis, respiratory sensitisation, and gastrointestinal distress in exposed individuals.

First Aid:

Swallowed: If swallowed do NOT induce vomiting, give glass of water and seek medical advice immediately. Poisons Information Centre Phone 131126.

Eye: Hold eye open and flood with water for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical advice if pain persists.

Skin: Wash affected area with soap and water. Wash contaminated clothing with water and then remove, launder before reuse.

Inhaled: Remove person to fresh air away from contaminated area and seek medical advice. If not breathing apply artificial respiration and seek urgent medical advise.

First Aid Facilities: Eye wash station, safety shower and normal washroom facilities.

Advice to Doctor: Treat symptomatically. Extreme care must be taken to prevent aspiration. Gastric lavage with a cuffed endotracheal tube to prevent further aspiration should be done. In the absence of depression or convulsions, or impaired gag-reflex, ipecac emesis can be done without increasing the hazard of aspiration. When vomiting occurs, hold patient with head below the hips to prevent pulmonary aspiration.

PRECAUTIONS FOR USE

Exposure Standards:
Aliphatic Petroleum Distillates 300 ppm ACGIH TLV
Propane (Limits in air) 1000 ppm OSHA PEL
Isobutane 800 ppm ACGIH TLV

No Worksafe Exposure Standard established for this product.

Engineering Controls:

Provide sufficient ventilation to keep airborne levels below the exposure limit. Where vapour or mists are generated, particularly in enclosed areas and natural ventilation is inadequate, a flameproof ventilation system is required.

Refer AS 1940 The Storage and Handling of Flammable and Combustible Liquids. and AS 2430 Explosive Gas Atmospheres,

for further information concerning ventilation requirements.

Nearby equipment must be earthed.

Personal Protection:

USE ONLY IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA.

Avoid breathing spray, mist or vapour. Avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and safety glasses. (Gloves: Neoprene or nitrile rubber recommended.)

If inhalation risk exists wear organic vapour respirator meeting the requirements of AS 1716.

Flammability:

Fire Hazards:

Extremely Flammable. Do not spray on a naked flame or any incandescent material. Keep away from heat, flame, sparks and sources of ignition. No smoking. Do not pierce or burn even when empty.

Take precautions against static discharge, particularly where a build up of vapours occurs to form an explosive mixture. Vapours are heavier than air and may travel to an ignition source. Ensure ventilation is adequate to prevent build up of explosive atmosphere. Refer to AS 1940 – Storage and Handling of Flammable and Combustible Liquids. and AS 2865 – Safe Working in a Confined Space. for more specific information on these subjects.

SAFE HANDLING INFORMATION

Storage and Transport:

Pressurised container. Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C. Store in a well ventilated place, out of direct sunlight, away from heat, ignition sources, oxidizing agents, foodstuffs and clothing. Take precautions against static electricity discharges.

Store in accordance with Dangerous Goods Regulations and transport in accordance with the ADG Code for Dangerous Goods Class 9 Aerosols. Store only in original container properly labelled. Do not store in low or enclosed area where vapours may become trapped. Prevent the build up of flammable vapours.

Incompatible in a placard load with any of the following except where exemptions from segregation have been approved and documented:

Class 1 Explosive

Class 5 Oxidizing Agents & Organic Peroxides

Storage Regulations:

This material is a SCHEDULED (S5) POISON and must be stored, handled and used according to the Appropriate Regulations.

Shipping Name: AEROSOLS.

Spills and Disposal:

Wear appropriate personal protective equipment. Extinguish or remove all sources of ignition and stop leak if safe to do so. Contain spill with sand or earth and take up absorbent material such as sand earth or sawdust. Keep away from heat, naked flame and sparks. Place used absorbent in suitable sealed, labelled container and follow state or local authority regulations and guidelines for disposal of the waste. Do not allow to enter drains, sewers or water courses. Dispose of in accordance with local state and federal EPA waste regulations. Normally suitable for incineration at an approved facility.

Dispose of can by putting in garbage or leaving it at an appropriate metal recycling collection point.

Fire / Explosive Hazard:

Extremely Flammable.

EXTINGUISHING MEDIA: Use water fog or fine water spray to cool fire exposed surfaces and cool uninvolved containers to avoid bursting. Use foam, Carbon Dioxide or dry powder to fight fire. Vapour/air mix may ignite explosively and flashback along the vapour trail may occur.

Hazardous Combustion products:

Combustion products include oxides of carbon.

Fire Fighting Procedure:

Fire fighters to wear Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) in confined spaces, or where products of combustion are suspected. Full protective clothing should also be worn.

OTHER INFORMATION

TOXICOLOGY:

Long term animal experiments have shown that any health risks associated with the level of aromatic and polycyclic constituents were removed during the ingredient manufacturing process to a level at which no health risks are expected as a result of normal handling and use of this product.

Environmental Protection:

This material must not be allowed to enter drains, sewers or waterways, for further information refer to the SPILLS AND DISPOSAL section of this MSDS.

Risk Statement:

R20 Harmful by inhalation. R65 Harmful: may cause lung damage if swallowed.

Safety Statement:

KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

S9 Keep container in well ventilated place. S16 Keep away from sources of ignition – No Smoking. S29 Do not empty into drains. S51 Use only in well ventilated areas. S62 If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting, seek medical advice immediately and show this container or label. S24/25 Avoid contact with skin and eyes. R12 Extremely Flammable. S33 Take precautionary measures against static discharge.

Hazard Category:

Harmful, Extremely Flammable.

Did i leave anything out ? How are we looking for page counts rod ? Edited by: AzaVic at: 14/3/07 18:11
bored Aza?

"Busa riders always count in three's.... 100, 200, 300"

nah, not bored, just keeping myself informed :-)
Boring.......

This is the worst thread since the "Gay" boy sponge grips......................

The End (I fugen hope)
certainly trying gdy
Mmmmmm the potporri one,yeah i like that.
Azavic,get a life mate!!!
Back in black!
Quote:This is the worst thread since the "Gay" boy sponge grips......................

Hey settle down nothing wrong with my sponge grips
REGARDS ROD
kangaroos1996@msn.com
0433 92 99 22