CONTI RACE ATTACK
could someone tell me if they have used these and under normal riding what sort of milage can be expected i know they are great on the track but i can pick up a front and rear brand new for $385nzd which in any languge is cheap but it depends on how quick they will wear out with normal riding and the odd time giving it hell in the hills. thanks guys
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(15-10-2010, 11:50am)grumpy Wrote: could someone tell me if they have used these and under normal riding what sort of milage can be expected i know they are great on the track but i can pick up a front and rear brand new for $385nzd which in any languge is cheap but it depends on how quick they will wear out with normal riding and the odd time giving it hell in the hills. thanks guys
Yeah mate, I have used them. You will get 2-3000 ks out of a rear. Maybe ?? 4000 from a front. They don't heat cycle that well so don't expect them to grip like new all the way to the case, Paul.
[/quote] Yeah mate, I have used them. You will get 2-3000 ks out of a rear. Maybe ?? 4000 from a front. They don't heat cycle that well so don't expect them to grip like new all the way to the case, Paul.
[/quote]

thanks for the info paul. i,ll propably give them a miss they are cheap but if you only going to get that sort of ks from them then it turns out to be expensive when i,m getting 8000 out of my rear bridgestones and still more left in the front. i,ll be giving the conti road attack ago when i replace front and rear.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Yeah mate, I have used them. You will get 2-3000 ks out of a rear. Maybe ?? 4000 from a front. They don't heat cycle that well so don't expect them to grip like new all the way to the case, Paul.
[/quote]

thanks for the info paul. i,ll propably give them a miss they are cheap but if you only going to get that sort of ks from them then it turns out to be expensive when i,m getting 8000 out of my rear bridgestones and still more left in the front. i,ll be giving the conti road attack ago when i replace front and rear.
[/quote] G'day again. If you are having the occasional blast in the twisties, I would run a sport attack on the front and a road attack on the rear. That combination would wear out at around 7000ks front and rear. Just my thoughts, PaulVery Happy