Rotate your tyres
Found out yesterday from a reliabable source that it is quite OK to rotate slicks.

Now before any of you start raving on about upstting the tread pattern...read carefully...it says SLICKS. When using a tyre on the track you always wear the left hand side more than the right hand side on an anti clockwise track (like Phillip Island). To improve tyre wear with a slick, about half way through its life, you can remove the tyre from the rim and flip it around so that the side that was on the left hand side is now on the right.

Some useful information that some of you may be interested in. And for the sceptics that say "Oh yeah, I'll let you try that first"...I already have. Did two sessions yesterday with a flipped rear tyre. Based on what I saw I estimate it will improve the life of my rear tyre by about 25%. <i></i>
what's a set of second hand rims fitted with slicks gonna set you back?

Obviously (conditions prevailing of course), grip and handling is gonna be better. But by how much?

Currently using Pirelli Diablo Corsa's - do they have a track slick that would suit Victoria's tracks? (winton, PI, sanddown, broadford). Would be nice to not completely screw a set of good road tyres, and anything that assists in preventing the fairing meeting the track would be beneficial.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>
do you want serious answers to those questions??? <i></i>