Sneaky cops in Melbourne
In Melbourne last week on our way home from Tassie. The cops have this bloke pulled over on the motorway. Cops were in an unmarked, glossy black 4wd with dark tinted windows. Only indication of it being a police vehicle was the flashing lights on the dash. Here is the twist, on the back of the cop 4wd was a large, plain white, covered in box trailer. Seems they cruise along at a given speed and ping anyone who overtakes them. Sneaky buggers.
Do the same on the Great Ocean Road with a trailer....sneaky cats.
(20-02-2013, 05:51pm)BEAU Wrote: sneaky cats.

Beau, I think "dogs" is the word you were after ..
(20-02-2013, 07:01pm)Dale Wrote:
(20-02-2013, 05:51pm)BEAU Wrote: sneaky cats.

Beau, I think "dogs" is the word you were after ..

Nope...Beau is spot on Dale......most melbourne cops are a bunch of pussies!
They don't travel in pairs on patrol dealing with 'incidents' ......they hang around the streets outside quiet locations in groups of 5 ready to pounce on any J-walkers they might see.
We've got LOADS of Police like that in Melbourne!!
Nice welcome back to the mainland. Hope you guys enjoyed Tassie.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
In all fairness, the cops around my way aren't too sneaky. They actually stick out like dogs balls in their shiny blue, red and silver dunnydoors. We do have one that hides in the long grass at the end of the freeway looking through his hairdryer, but all the brakelights give you fair warning. Although, the other arvo, I spotted him too late and when I looked down I was doing 130ish. He didn't even bat an eyelid ..
When the daughter first moved down to Melboure she was fined for J walking lol. She didn't even know you could be fined for that! Lol, haven't herd anyone being fined for that in Queensland. Police
We have a sneaky prick getting around in a late model black commodore wagon with dark windows, with those my family stickers on the back, wouldn't even know until he tuns is lights onWm
I owe I owe,so it's off to work I go!!!

(20-02-2013, 07:43pm)Ward P Wrote: Nice welcome back to the mainland. Hope you guys enjoyed Tassie.
Thanks Ward. Yeh we had a good time. Finished up a little earlier than planned. After 5000ks on the apple isle pretty much covered all of the a roads and many of the b roads. Had to fit a new rear tyre at Hobart. Bloke at Bike worx got a laugh. He asked why I didn't fit a new rear before we left, i replied that i did. Ventura rack broke about 6000ks in. Top bloke at the 50s diner at deloraine let me use his mig and we were back at it. If any members would like a tip about bracing the Gen2 ventura rack before it fractures let me know. Simple job on a badly designed portion of the rack.The gen 2 performed great even though it was flogged for the entire trip. 250 ks to the tank flogged. Thanks again Ward and Cathy, we both enjoyed your company and look forward to returning the hospitality should you ever be up this way. I will send a pic of the postie bike cafe racer. Paul

(20-02-2013, 08:11pm)cyndemgum Wrote:
(20-02-2013, 07:43pm)Ward P Wrote: Nice welcome back to the mainland. Hope you guys enjoyed Tassie.
Thanks Ward. Yeh we had a good time. Finished up a little earlier than planned. After 5000ks on the apple isle pretty much covered all of the a roads and many of the b roads. Had to fit a new rear tyre at Hobart. Bloke at Bike worx got a laugh. He asked why I didn't fit a new rear before we left, i replied that i did. Ventura rack broke about 6000ks in. Top bloke at the 50s diner at deloraine let me use his mig and we were back at it. If any members would like a tip about bracing the Gen2 ventura rack before it fractures let me know. Simple job on a badly designed portion of the rack.The gen 2 performed great even though it was flogged for the entire trip. 250 ks to the tank flogged. Thanks again Ward and Cathy, we both enjoyed your company and look forward to returning the hospitality should you ever be up this way. I will send a pic of the postie bike cafe racer. Paul

i put a club card on a gen 2 last week at bikeworks thats were i got my new gen 1 from Kim the owner is not a bad bloke and the long hair fellor Bob is a great mechanic
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Can't blame them for pulling us all over, we're all dangerous criminals and we must be protected from ourselves.
I find that the best person to look out for my safety is not myself, but in fact a total stranger!
I think it's a great idea to put all my trust into politicians and legal thugs to look after my well being. After all we're in good hands - quite literally - there's always someone there to hold my hand and tell me what to do and how to do it.
I am safe in my little bubble and I want a die an old man. Danger and risk frightens me, and because of that it's good that no-one else is allowed to enjoy themselves either because they've got life all wrong!

Have you guys had enough yet? Sometimes it takes a f**king stupid paragraph of text to illustrate a f**king stupid state of affairs.
(20-02-2013, 08:06pm)ballsybusa Wrote: We have a sneaky prick getting around in a late model black commodore wagon with dark windows, with those my family stickers on the back, wouldn't even know until he tuns is lights onWm

They ALWAYS have arieal's... I think that one has the little ones on its rear side glass-that one is sneaky, but I scanned him out fairly easy.
And here I was thinking of going via the GOR to Adelaide in November.

I might just stick to my original plan of going via Broken Hill and bypass Victoria completely.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
The GOR is a top ride. Just behave, as the cops know where we all like to 'ride'.