I can beat a Hayabusa
In the busa crowd I would call myself slow... and being blown away by other busa riders has confirmed this notion of my riding LOL but riding such a great bike, regardless of speed is a thrill I will always proudly exclaim and when the FIGJAMs start up about how their bike can beat the busa I simply ask what year did their bike hold the title of fastest PRODUCTION bike??

BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(04-05-2013, 10:43pm)Batfink Wrote: In the busa crowd I would call myself slow... and being blown away by other busa riders has confirmed this notion of my riding LOL but riding such a great bike, regardless of speed is a thrill I will always proudly exclaim and when the FIGJAMs start up about how their bike can beat the busa I simply ask what year did their bike hold the title of fastest PRODUCTION bike??
wooow hoooooo !

love the ,what year did their bike hold the title of fastest PRODUCTION bike??

i was on my old 1100w carving up the putty n i thought im shit hot ,well i got to about the last 4ks of twisties and was laid over to the left in an uphill 25k bend going gang busters,when around the outside of me came and went a 2011 gsxr1000,fully black bike rider helmet visor the lot,i stopped a while later at a little servo ,and was waiting to use the bouser when i got a tap on the shoulder ,i turned and looked it was this old fella in black leather with a flip front helmet open,he had the biggest smile,when he said to me ,man you took some catching ,i coughed and said that was you on the thou! he said yes ,the bloke must have been 80,lol il never forget that day,lol
One day, on my ol' blue /silver I was having a fang up mac pass. I was going at it 110% hangin the knee out and everything .. when .. low and behold, who goes around me like i'm standing still? .. An old fella on a BMW (one of those road going motocross enduro thingies).

Just goes to show, no matter who you are or what you are riding, there is always someone out there that is better than you ..
(05-05-2013, 09:41am)Dale Wrote: One day, on my ol' blue /silver I was having a fang up mac pass. I was going at it 110% hangin the knee out and everything .. when .. low and behold, who goes around me like i'm standing still? .. An old fella on a BMW (one of those road going motocross enduro thingies).

Just goes to show, no matter who you are or what you are riding, there is always someone out there that is better than you ..

thatl be Russell Gibson ,a mate,lol hes no slow rider and loves to punt his gs1200 quickly,lol,hes got a vtr 1000 with ducati front fitted as well and he rides that like he stole it as well.

was he doing a wheelie when he went past.
Its also roads that we r comfy with. I don't like tight first gear twisties on any big bike like a 1000 or busa.
I want fast flowing roads like a racetrack minimum tight corner speed 60 kmph and am happy at 200 km pH in to corner and roll the throttle on.
Overall Busa is great fun depending on how and where we ride.but there are quicker, faster guys and bikes out there depending on situations.
My friend is 65+ and is called Hurricane Harry for a reason on a gixxer 1000.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Does anyone remember yrs ago the BMW that used to get round the Kew Boulevard? He could ride.

Also when I did Advanced Rider Course a few yrs back there was a guy on a KTM 900 that ate everyone up round the track. Very quick and embarrassing for a few of us on big bikes.

Then there was the guy on a VFR at one of the Jindy Snowy Hoots. Carved up corners like he was on rails. Amazing rider.

The fact is there will always be someone quicker who will surprise the shit out of you.
These days I'm just in it for the scenery anyway.
:-)
(05-05-2013, 10:11am)revhead Wrote:
(05-05-2013, 09:41am)Dale Wrote: One day, on my ol' blue /silver I was having a fang up mac pass. I was going at it 110% hangin the knee out and everything .. when .. low and behold, who goes around me like i'm standing still? .. An old fella on a BMW (one of those road going motocross enduro thingies).

thatl be Russell Gibson ,a mate,lol hes no slow rider and loves to punt his gs1200 quickly,lol,hes got a vtr 1000 with ducati front fitted as well and he rides that like he stole it as well.

was he doing a wheelie when he went past.

Pete, he was an older fella, say mid fifties to early sixties with a big beard .. probably narrows it down to half the beemer riders in oz Lol3
I've punted my Busa around the race track a fair bit. I'm very slow on the road, mostly.

I've ridden 250's, 600's 750, and 1441 around the track, and none went faster than my Busa. I guess it's what you're comfortable with and confident on that'll end up going quicker.
(04-05-2013, 11:20pm)revhead Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 10:43pm)Batfink Wrote: In the busa crowd I would call myself slow... and being blown away by other busa riders has confirmed this notion of my riding LOL but riding such a great bike, regardless of speed is a thrill I will always proudly exclaim and when the FIGJAMs start up about how their bike can beat the busa I simply ask what year did their bike hold the title of fastest PRODUCTION bike??
wooow hoooooo !

love the ,what year did their bike hold the title of fastest PRODUCTION bike??

i was on my old 1100w carving up the putty n i thought im shit hot ,well i got to about the last 4ks of twisties and was laid over to the left in an uphill 25k bend going gang busters,when around the outside of me came and went a 2011 gsxr1000,fully black bike rider helmet visor the lot,i stopped a while later at a little servo ,and was waiting to use the bouser when i got a tap on the shoulder ,i turned and looked it was this old fella in black leather with a flip front helmet open,he had the biggest smile,when he said to me ,man you took some catching ,i coughed and said that was you on the thou! he said yes ,the bloke must have been 80,lol il never forget that day,lol

Had a similar experience at PI on the circuit, diced with a guy for 2 sessions, we were both about the same pace even though he was on an old 80's aircooled GSX750. -( I've ridden these and they are gutless and don't handle.) I got him down the straight and each time he reeled me back and got around before I blasted him down the straight again. We had some great dices, so at the end of the 2nd session I went looking and found him. Must have been about 80 years old and was havin' a ball. His old bike was stock, road registered, but had slicks and had scrapes right up the pipes from cornering.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Depends on the rider, road, conditions and lots of other things. The only way it can be sorted is by timing the same guy on a different bike, unless he's not feeling himself on the day.Lol2
(06-05-2013, 06:32pm)BSA Wrote: Depends on the rider, road, conditions and lots of other things. The only way it can be sorted is by timing the same guy on a different bike, unless he's not feeling himself on the day.Lol2

That counts me out then...
I only ever want to be feeling myself when on my busa Lol2

BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(07-05-2013, 08:01am)Batfink Wrote:
(06-05-2013, 06:32pm)BSA Wrote: Depends on the rider, road, conditions and lots of other things. The only way it can be sorted is by timing the same guy on a different bike, unless he's not feeling himself on the day.Lol2

That counts me out then...
I only ever want to be feeling myself when on my busa Lol2
Batfink trust you to pick up on that innuendo, now go back to your Endless Sentence posts. Shame on you. By the way , any chick can feel me up on the day, as long as she's not fat and ugly. Pi_thumbsup