uel Pump Regulator
No one ever learned anything by doing right the first time!
Hi there,
If you search the forum for "fuel Pump" for example, you'll find a wealth of information on the subject.
Extremely common problem, especially here in OZ with our crap fuel.....
Here's just one link to look at but as mentioned, there is much more our AHC site.
My bikes just clicked over 8000 km so mine should be just about due to block up too... lol

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenanc...r-mod.html
hey Al, as Lucky mentioned the forum is the Library for Busa knowledge you just need to search for it.

The bigest issue with fuel pumps doesn;t seem to be the reg but blockage and there are several threads on fuel pump mods, inline filter mods and other pump issues.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Al,
It will be very interesting to know what happens here.
I am aware of so many people that look at everything else first, and still up finding it's blocked filters.
Can I ask how you have concluded that it's not a blockage?
The symptoms are still pointing towards it......
You could be the "unlucky" one with an "f"ed reg, but my gut feeling is telling me it's unlikely...
It could also be a stuck bypass valve... but only way to tell if removal of pump, disassemble and inspection I think LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

don;t forget to inspect your fuel lines as they get easily kinked.. but seeing it was running then became a PITA with no in between tank opening I doubt it.
I can understand your view that it can;t be the pump/filter seeing it's all relatively new/clean. The pump/filter block can happen over night too, one day you got a smooth bike and the next you got a scooter in disguise LOL
Maj has played with pumps a fair bit so maybe he might chime in with words of wisdom?

BTW.. I think there are after market pumps for a whole lot less than an OEM unit
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Being an ex maintenance guy myself I know how easy it is to over complicate a perceived problem LOL I rememebr one night my car lost electrics, it was after midnight before I got to where I needed to be and went to bed with a mountain of reason why it failed only to find out the fan belt broke LOL

I am currently waiting on the prototype to turn up at my door. Once it has and quality is checked and I am happy with it then it goes to next step... ORDERS!!!!!

SO far a little disappointed with supplier as they have missed deadlines a few times AND after initial excitement with garment communication isn;t great.

I am also starting talks with other suppliers if the current one ends up failing.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Live and learn......thanks for remembering to answer the post....
Another thing to look out for...