Tyre pressure monitoring system
Has anyone ever heard of or using this device?

It consists of two sensors which are strapped to the inside of the rim and transmit to a controller. It monitors and displays the pressure of each tyre and alerts at programmable under and over pressure, over temperature and rapid deflation.

www.smartire.com.au

There is a model in there designed for motorcycles.

I think it would be worth the peace of mind and convenience of checking the pressure EVERY time you ride, rather than as often as we all really do.

Any thoughts or comments?
Anyone???
Peter Altas
BUSA-1
nahhhhh, it just complicates life instead of making it easier...

just check the pressures once a month.... with the newer auto air nozzles that you just set and clip on to the valve it's real easy...

cheers
les
What's an "auto air nozzle"?

Are they pre-settable valves that tell you when the pressure has dropped?

If so, where? how much?
Peter Altas
BUSA-1
sorry peter my description must have been misleading,,

i was referring to the newer type tyre inflating equipment that some service stations provide for their customers,,

the older type has an air gun with a gauge and is awkward to use particularly on a bike, but the new ones have a remote digital gauge with a flexible hose and THAT you just clip on to your tyre inflation valve and are very easy to use, i'm sure you have seen and used them.........

cheers
les
Yep, those I have. Only ones that don't seem to be easy to use and not locked away/damaged

I've seen little valves with green lines on them, and the green line disappeares when the pressure drops, or something to that effect.

I thought you were referring to something similar.

Never mind. I should just get myself a little air compressor
Peter Altas
BUSA-1
Or just get yourself an old fashioned mini tyre gauge. Then you can check the pressure cold.