2nd Hand Purchase Costs?
It's almost time, so close I can taste it mmmm.
Busa time for me in the near future, I've been hanging around here for over a year I think and finally I'll be able to relate more with you guys. : ) [and girls].

After getting quotes of $3500 for insurance, I've err, gotten over that part of it I guess. $15k of 600/750/1000cc bike would cost me the same, so yeah easy choice to stick with the Busa I guess.

Anyhow, I'm planning to buy a pre-loved Busa and don't have the foggiest as to what has to be done after you decide to buy it. Namely costs and changeover procedures. I'm in Vic/Melbourne if that helps.

Any other tips/things to watch out for, or anyone looking at selling their Busa in a couple/few months?
Actually I've been 'hanging around' here for almost 2 years. How time flies.
g'day slong

winter time is always a good time to buy a bike cos sales are slow and sellers including dealers, are anxious,,

if you have 15 grand to spend you shud be able to get yourself a 2001 or maybe even a 2002 busa, still under factory warranty,,

check around at the dealers you might be very surprised and you might even get a response here on the board,,

good luck and
welcome to the board

les

He's right. $15 will get you a lot of Busa in the 2nd hand market. Even give you a bit over for some extras.
Thx for the info guys. I've been watching the Busas in Aus. M.b. Trader over the last year and have seen prices about as low as $12k. Most in there lately have been ~$14k+.

Has anyone bought a bike, 2nd hand from a person, vs a dealership? Stamp Duty, changeover, how much does that cost?

and lastly, anyone seen many 2nd Hand Busas around the Melbourne Dealers? [City/Suburb, wherever] Don't get to check very often anymore.

Give me a yell if you see one : )
There's a couple of 2000 model Busa's in at Action Motorcyles in Melbourne at the moment. Blue and Silver. Well there was last week.
Both low klms, one with standard exhaust and one with a pair of slip ons. Asking $15000 and $16000. As you can imagine the prices are negotiable. Ask for Kevin. (Don't tell him I sent you.)
I was looking at buying the one with the slip ons. Bought a Black/Blue 2002 instead.

Good luck with your projects.
Regards Phil (MFJ)
Giddy up!
Transfer fee for Vicroads figures out to be 4% of the cost of a second hand bike. Not too bad I guess. Figure a roadworthy'd be ~$100?