need advice
what happened to the fixer upper you had bought? i thought you bought a repairable write off? anyway if you decide to ride a busa as your first bike well thats just plain silly apart from being illegal. if you get caught riding a busa on your l's or p's you can forget about getting your full license for many years to come.

edited parts of my crap spelling
Regards

Dan
big ..just take each day as it comes..

for now your starting navy..seems to me you are planning way ahead too much.

we will all still adore you if you do not buy a busa after the 11 weeks training.or even if you decide never to buy one

dan is right in every way.

also its an unknown area this part of your life..after the 11 weeks you may decide its not the life for you.also it was posted about unsecure parking within barracks.hmmmm i would seriously be reviewing buying anything worth something.

and take heed of the free advise of those who have been in the services previously..

p.s take your own soap on a rope..sorry couldnt help myselfVery Happy

take is slow hunny and just enjoy.
thanks all!
As a first road bike, buy an old cheap bike. Something cheap that still has a bit of get up and go. An old 750 or such(something that doesn't matter tooo much if you throw her away). You'll need to work alot harder to outride your mates, but a good rider on a slower bike will beat an average rider on a good bike everyday(I've been passed, heart in mouth on the 'busa going into a sweeper by a 600!! at 230kmph). You'll also learn heaps, & no-one will bag you if you do get beaten-it's a plausable excuse. And when you do step up to the 'busa, you'll be grinnin', and that far better again.

As long as you're riding a bike, the grin will be there under the helmet!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
good decision Bigfoot - you will live much longer :) if your in sydney you should join the SK tuesday night rides - you can learn some valuable skills riding with other riders of varying skills. it the BEST free lessons you can get :) and a lot of fun too

Busaboc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
Whatever bike you get Bigfoot treat it with respect mate cos dont matter what it is they all hurt if ya fall off em. Fallin off at 100+ will kill you regardless if its a Busa or an old 250. Dont matter what bike it is the furniture on the roadside dont move when you hit it. Used to have a saying in the Army that a loaded gun was perfectly safe, it was the person behind it that made it dangerous...
thanks for the help guys
(28-08-2009, 06:25pm)Ozboc Wrote: good decision Bigfoot - you will live much longer :) if your in sydney you should join the SK tuesday night rides - you can learn some valuable skills riding with other riders of varying skills. it the BEST free lessons you can get :) and a lot of fun too

Busaboc

Call it the bits of blonde hair, but what does 'SK' stand for? And where do the rides start from?
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
hmm im thining my grey bits are blonde of course...

yes i,m with baby.. what is sk?
(28-08-2009, 10:05pm)cheeky Wrote: hmm im thining my grey bits are blonde of course...

Sydney Knightriders
(28-08-2009, 11:23pm)Astro Wrote:
(28-08-2009, 10:05pm)cheeky Wrote: hmm im thining my grey bits are blonde of course...

Sydney Knightriders

Do you call your bikes "KIT" - or am I just showing my age?Roll
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .