Ready for the road. (with pics)
Hey there,

Finally got her back together after a bit of cosmetic care. Took her for a short spin down my driveway and felt sturdy (no wobble). All thats left now is to get reregistered, hopefully will get time to book in for an inspection this week.
I know some people are appossed to buying a bike with a bit of cosmetic damage, but after many spills due to learning the conditions of the road and also racing accidents I was quite happy and capable to get this busa back to original state and I'm happy with how it turned out $2k's later.

(18-02-2010, 08:15am)fasterfaster Wrote: The new purchaser is not his mate .............. just a bloke that chose to buy a cheapy from the auctions.
[quote='fasterfaster' pid='207977' dateline='1266444935']

What!! You have an accident and thats it! Are you meant to bury the bike and be done with it? Don't understand your comment.
[quote='Bill Gaheer' pid='207992' dateline='1266454996']

we dont know what made him buy a insurace writeoff instead of a brand new bike - everyone wants to save money - but its only relative to what you make.

Bill

Again I don't get this comment. It sounds like I did something wrong buying a bike to fix and that I should have bought a new bike for $19K, which I will use the odd wknd for a spin with mates. I bought this bike as a small project for myself and not to save money ( I just enjoy playing with bikes)

(19-02-2010, 10:09am)Camel Wrote: Jimmy,

just on the bike. I saw the bike after Troy's incident. Have you checked the frame for cracks? Particularly around the top of the steering head. Might need magnafluxing or similar NDT.

Camel

Camel,

I did scrutinise the bike especially the head and was confident there was no surprises. Taking into account the front end wasn't totally smashed i.e. clocks still in tact, not a mark on the handle bar ends, tank and tail. I figured it couldn'd have been that major of an impact. The forks were obviously kinked and the lower tree clamp slightly twisted, but sometimes you can never know about frame.
Anyway mates also had a look (one been a bike mechanic) and reassured me the frame was fine. I must dig out the before pic which will give you a good idea of the damage.

I know a few of you were interested in pics so please see attached. And thanks again to those who answered my questions regarding parts.

Cheers

Jimmy

Doesn't matter mate. She looks good, and as long as it is safe an you are happy with it, then go for it. Two thumbs up from me !

Now get some plates on it and enjoy.
(22-02-2010, 10:24pm)Natcam Wrote: Doesn't matter mate. She looks good, and as long as it is safe an you are happy with it, then go for it. Two thumbs up from me !

Now get some plates on it and enjoy.

+1, I love bit of project bike myself. You are happy and that counts. Btw I paid 16500/- for My K9....:)
Cheers
Bill
Trophy

Very nice

Attached Files
.jpg   Hayabusa and pipes2.JPG (Size: 46.37 KB / Downloads: 89)
Looks great

I have had a bike with a frame prob, triumph daytona, first sign is slight tankslap everytime the frontend lifts and lands again, if it does this get it fixed if not your good
Looks good mate.

i think im gunna miss my bike looking like that!
/