Lamborghini Hoon Goes Free Perth
YesTop Gear tragic acquits accused hoon Josh Jerga
November 17, 2010 - 8:34PM

Ads by Google
New Demerit SchemeTransport.wa.gov.au/Novice_Drivers

Novice Drivers Face a New Demerit Scheme From December. Learn More.

AAP

A Perth mechanic charged with recklessly driving a Lamborghini at more than 155km/h has been acquitted by a magistrate who admits he's a Top Gear "tragic".

Police had accused mechanic Leone Antonino Magistro, 53, of driving at high speed on a Perth highway on January 6 this year.

Mr Magistro was at the wheel of a bright yellow 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo he had just picked up from a client, Dr Patrick Nugawela.

Advertisement: Story continues below The father of two was heading back to his workshop Autodelta in Malaga, in the city's north, when Senior Constable Michael Brent, driving a Ford Falcon, saw the 'Lambo' take off ahead of him with its exhaust belching blue smoke.

Sen Const Brent had told Perth Magistrates Court he tried to keep up with the supercar and had reached 160km/h as he tried to gauge Mr Magostro's speed, but the Lamborghini was far too quick.

On Wednesday, Magistrate Michael Wheeler acquitted Mr Magistro of all charges, saying there was no way the two police officers travelling in a Falcon could accurately determine how fast the Lamborghini was going.

"Ultimately, the police vehicle was so far behind the Lamborghini at all times that when the police vehicle seemed to be doing 160km/h it was impossible to really estimate, or really guesstimate, how fast the (Lamborghini) was moving away from them," the magistrate said.

"With no disrespect to the Ford Falcon could it cut the mustard with the Lamborghini being driven by the accused ... it couldn't even catch my car in all honesty," the magistrate said
Was just thinking about that last week thanks for the post Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
ha ha....Very HappyClapVery Happy

I hope I get THAT magistrate if/when I ever need to go to court.....

Coolsmiley
A new reason to move to Perth. Commodities boom and revhead Magistrates! Clap
It's a week by week charade.
I remember that story, wasn't the Lambo seized? with the anti hoon laws?

Hope the above is legit. What's more dangerous? A Lambo at 155 or a Falcon at 160 in pursuit?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(18-11-2010, 04:53pm)Ward P Wrote: I remember that story, wasn't the Lambo seized? with the anti hoon laws?

Hope the above is legit. What's more dangerous? A Lambo at 155 or a Falcon at 160 in pursuit?
It was on the news last night and is pretty much was what was reported , The owner was shown too and he said he was $50k out of pocket and was considering legal action .
I reckon if it was a plain old falcon the cop was driving should have been charged with dangerous driving.
Some of are lucky, I got booked by a speed camera in a 1989 nissan pulsa Q, only fine in 10 years, hey I was doing 56 in a 50 zone. Serious crim I am
(18-11-2010, 04:53pm)Ward P Wrote: I remember that story, wasn't the Lambo seized? with the anti hoon laws?Clap

Clap Clap Clap I agree.
(27-11-2010, 05:38pm)jamdonut Wrote: Some of are lucky, I got booked by a speed camera in a 1989 nissan pulsa Q, only fine in 10 years, hey I was doing 56 in a 50 zone. Serious crim I am
should be rewarded speeding in a 89 pulsar for being able to do it
Lol2