Changes from 2008 to 2010 ???
only recall was the ignition wiring. In service bikes (those already on the road) had the barrel changed. showroom stock had the wiring put right.

possible showroom stock wont wear a sticker.

the clutch issue was only an alert. next time bike was serviced the bolts were checked.

my Jaffa has the new barrel and a sticker under seat on subframe.

clutch screws were nice and tight but removed and locktighted.

Tom
The only bad thing about my White 10, IMHO, is the rim colour. It is too dark. The 09 white bikes had silver rims - they look much better.
Only thing wrong with mine Gold BlK 09, had dramas with it not wanting to start. Seemed to just wind over for a half turn or so, then all went bank, wait for the instriments to do their thing, again no go, push start.
Bike seems a little unsetted cornering, not to bad going gently - gently, give her a shove and you get some feedback throught the bars in the form of a little head shake. I've owed a YZF1000R for 10 or so years & not experienced this, my old GSX1100 used to do it though. Not to say it's an awsome bike, I'm wondering if I have to play with the front tyre oressures a little or maybe get off the original tyre. Does anyone have these same findings, mine only has 4000Km's I bought it new. Thanks.
(20-01-2011, 07:52pm)marktammy Wrote: Only thing wrong with mine Gold BlK 09, had dramas with it not wanting to start. Seemed to just wind over for a half turn or so, then all went bank, wait for the instriments to do their thing, again no go, push start.
Bike seems a little unsetted cornering, not to bad going gently - gently, give her a shove and you get some feedback throught the bars in the form of a little head shake. I've owed a YZF1000R for 10 or so years & not experienced this, my old GSX1100 used to do it though. Not to say it's an awsome bike, I'm wondering if I have to play with the front tyre oressures a little or maybe get off the original tyre. Does anyone have these same findings, mine only has 4000Km's I bought it new. Thanks.

Did you get it to the shop to sort the starting issue ?
You shouldnt be having handeling issues the busa's are known for there stability. Factory tyres are fine if pressure is correct & the front shouldnt be gone at 4k
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
(21-01-2011, 07:49am)TheShredder Wrote:
(20-01-2011, 07:52pm)marktammy Wrote: Only thing wrong with mine Gold BlK 09, had dramas with it not wanting to start. Seemed to just wind over for a half turn or so, then all went bank, wait for the instriments to do their thing, again no go, push start.

You shouldnt be having handeling issues the busa's are known for there stability. Factory tyres are fine if pressure is correct & the front shouldnt be gone at 4k

Yes Shreder, got the local dealer to check out the battery/charge system. Seems to be going ok now. I agree front shouldn't be shot, I'm going to drop the pressure a little 37 psi & see if this take the shake out. If not I'll have to get the dealer to check the front end next service.
(23-01-2011, 07:24am)marktammy Wrote:

Ive got a 99 model if my front tyre is under 38 psi you tend to get the old suzuki steering, wants to tuck under around corners at any speed.the same as my old waterbottle and my old 380 suzuki once the pressure is 42 psi no problems

Yes Shreder, got the local dealer to check out the battery/charge system. Seems to be going ok now. I agree front shouldn't be shot, I'm going to drop the pressure a little 37 psi & see if this take the shake out. If not I'll have to get the dealer to check the front end next service.
(23-01-2011, 04:59pm)crumpy Wrote:
(23-01-2011, 07:24am)marktammy Wrote:

Ive got a 99 model if my front tyre is under 38 psi you tend to get the old suzuki steering, wants to tuck under around corners at any speed.the same as my old waterbottle and my old 380 suzuki once the pressure is 42 psi no problems

Thanks Crumpy, I will try a little more PSI, been running 38 - 40PSI. See how that goes.
It is hard to improve on what is perfectTrophy so I do not think tere will be any changes untill the next gen is released in 2017 (?)
As to the twitchy front I had the same problem with mine K10 model. It was just making me nervous on bendy roads specially going into a turn. Turns out the front springs were way too soft for my weight (95 kg). Replacement with the harder Racetech springs and proper sag adjustment cured the problem on the spot. Now she is as solid a as a rock.
Other suggestion is check the steering damper. I heard that they might leak even new.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I was reading that the 2010 model had an oil sprayer for the gears to increase longevity, wow.
(09-02-2011, 06:05pm)jamdonut Wrote: I was reading that the 2010 model had an oil sprayer for the gears to increase longevity, wow.
ALL of the GEN II busas have the gear spray on 4th, 5th and 6th gears.
It's not a change but it is over the gen 1 model.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO