Possible License Suspension
Bazman,

thanks for the positive feedback - I still feel like an absolute tosser, but a little less so knowing others have behaved the same.

Cheers

Steven
[quote='steventh' pid='269067' dateline='1345422278']
Im glad it worked out well for you.

Well i don't quite know about WELL, lol, but i will have to behave extra well now when i trawl down to Tathra in December. Knuppel2

Money can be made, so fines suck but i'll just pay themPolice, i think i got lucky though, i thanked the officer and cruised home nice and slow for the last 75kms...... of EMPTY COUNTRY ROADS Biker *sighs* with a 400 and a 600 having a good giggle at the big slow BUS...... if only they knew 2fast4u
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
(20-08-2012, 11:02am)steventh Wrote: Bazman,

thanks for the positive feedback - I still feel like an absolute tosser, but a little less so knowing others have behaved the same.

Cheers

Steven
G'day Steve, don't be too hard on yourself mate, fact is when you ride big bikes we all get a turn at this shit. As you know mate I have been done on plenty of occasions. Give me a call at home as there is a lot more to this than meets the eye if you intend on fighting it. For example any police officer in NSW is allowed to assess vehicle speed, on duty or off, highway patrol or general duty. The in car footage provides all footage from 30 seconds prior to the warning devices being activated which can work for you or against you depending on the circumstances. Just a couple of things that some folk are not aware of. Mate i can send you a copy of a leniancy letter that i have prepared for a couple of mates in the past that has achieved the desired result. Firstly do not yet pay the fine. Give me a call man and be very reluctant to involve a solicitor at this point in a cut and dried matter. The best thing you can aim for is leniancy leading to a reduction in the fine and points loss and you are very likely to receive leniancy as having a clean driving record for the previous 10 years is the main criteria. If you were fortunate enough to run the matter through the courts and say have the matter over turned, the courts will not overturn the points loss. Anyway mate, more than happy to help, Paul.

Hi Paul

I actually thought about you when this all happened.

I will give you a call later.

Cheers

Steven
Just remember mate that most of them apply the "attitude test" when they get to you, some don't and will book you to the max.
I take the humble approach and you would be surprised how much leniency I've been shown over the years.
For the number of k's I do if I get one ticket every year I cop it on the chin - had more than one his year tho Trophy

Cheers Ruffy
(20-08-2012, 10:24am)steventh Wrote: I think my mistake (apart from the speed issue) is I was just struck dumb and didn't talk to the guy.
Cheers

Dont be to stresed at that as talking to much can get you in more trouble
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Fark mate, why did you stop, next time keep it nailedBiker
hey hate dont feel stuped im just coming off a 3 month suspencion of my licence. week to go went through a camera thats been there for 20 years that i pass all the time 26 over mind u id been cought 3 times in the last 3years for speeding all 80 down to 60 zones .now thats stuped . anyway the time goes so fast and i get all my points backwith my licence because i did the time.chin up Hayabusa dame my weekness for the power of the busa
To ride or not to ride there is no question
I wonder if it's worth investing a few grand into anti camera, lidar and radar equipment.
Bel Sti detector
Had it for 3 years, works great, not detectable.
Move it between car and FJR - just gotta figure out how to fit it on the Busa? Tank bag looks promising? Wired into the audio (Autocomm) on FJR. Sticks out like dogs balls on the bike, tho, as its on a RAM mount. Get pulled up, rip it off the velcro and stick it in my pocket in microseconds! Sits under a piece of folded paper on the dash of the car, easy!
You can buy them in WA (legal) but same unit is lot cheaper on US eBay.
Highly recommend them!
Rob