Tyre Test by MCN
Came across this on the org site. Bit outdated but quite comprehensive. Check it out and any comments?

www.nesba.com/Tire_Guide.pdf

<i></i>
Now that's counter-steering! (refer pic on front cover)

Interesting article. I did of course note that Pirelli Diablo (:"> ) got #1 tyre for the Sports category. I also thought they were pretty damn good, for the first thousand kilometres. It would be nice to hear what the test riders say about them after that!
I also noted that for the GSXR1000, the track times were higher on the Diablo than the 012, even though the CBR600 was quicker. Maybe as the bike gets more powerful, and heavier, the Diablo loses it's appeal? I still reckon they are complete shite! <i></i>
And you will staunchly continue to stand by that, wont you ressac <i></i>
And how many (Total) Klms have you done on a Busa?
And how many different brands of tyres have you tested?
<i></i>
Counter steering? Isn't he turning to the left and starting to turn right???? <i></i>
Me? 16,000 km on the bus now (all my own since Jun 03) and am on my fourth rear and second front. The 012 front is better than original, can't vouch for any others. The rear is the 020 and that is better than the diablo at the moment, but not as good as the 012 rear (as expected ).

My criticism with the article is that it put a diablo in front of an 012. The diablo is also supposedly a touring tyre rather than a sports tyre . They also didn't strap it to a 250 kg juggernaut either.

I also heard, today, that the Michelin Pilot Power is supposed to be awesome.

Am I being wound up? (tick, tick, tick, tick...) <i></i>
Yep... <i></i>
The whole point here is i think the modern tyre is dam fine for its intended application.If you want grip ,you buy a sticky,if you want something that will last a bit ,then buy a sportz tourer,probably enuff for 90% of road applications.... <i></i>
Right on Rocketman.
But under no circumstances buy a touring tyre for a Busa and expect performance capabilities.... Ping Ratsack!
We all know the ultimate all round tyre is.......................
Ding..................................................
Damn. Popcorn is ready! <i></i>
Tick - that's the next notch... <i></i>
yeah ok GDY, but you and Rev have Corsas which outlasted my Diablo. Not only did the touring Diablo perform like shit, it didn't give me mileage either. -Reefton Snail-<i></i>
Still got my Diablo corsa on, and after 5000kays, where i'd be looking at replacing a battlax, I'm only about half way through the tread, and it's wearing pretty evenly.

Riding includes at least two 140kay return trips to work a week down the hume, a few good blasts up the spur, and a track day at Broadford.

Usually have pressures anywhere between 36 and 40 front and rear.

Very happy with these.
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>