Sydney Jamboree
http://View My Video[/code]
Beutiful day out at WSID, the weather was perfect for racing.
Legend was his usual self running consistant 7's each run.
Matt was the same running 8.0's and 8.1's.
Russ had an up an down day but sat around the 8.9-9.2 mark. Ruptured a pressure relief valve on a NOS tank and it smashed a windscreen.
Terry has transformed Big Bird back into a Busa. He and Shane Holmes had worked on getting the bike together over night and that morning. He was running a stock clutch had had a little trouble with it dragging him into stage. A little fiddling made it better and he was able to run a 3 runs of 9.1@150mph on a 3 pound wastegate spring. This bike has a shit load of un tested un known gear on it, and if Terry can get his head around it we should have another 7 second bike in Sydney soon.

So down to the finals, some people forget how the outlaw class runs and gave away easy wins with red lights. Final came down to Russ and Len with Len popping a cherry and handing it to Russ.
I had a great day out catching up with old friends, and I cant wait to get my face fixed so I can get me another bike to come out and join you.
Thanks Cas,
You missing it as much as i am ?
my potentially low 8 to hi 7 sec 1000 is part done and seem to get no time to finish it ... maybe later in the year...
Yeah Maj I have missed it since the day I decided to stop. But family matters needed to come first. Now that I have most of my shit in order I will have another lash at it.
(04-04-2011, 07:35am)#CAS# Wrote: Beutiful day out at WSID, the weather was perfect for racing.
Russ had an up an down day but sat around the 8.9-9.2 mark. Ruptured a pressure relief valve on a NOS tank and it smashed a windscreen.
Terry has transformed Big Bird back into a Busa. He and Shane Holmes had worked on getting the bike together over night and that morning. He was running a stock clutch had had a little trouble with it dragging him into stage. A little fiddling made it better and he was able to run a 3 runs of 9.1@150mph on a 3 pound wastegate spring. This bike has a shit load of un tested un known gear on it, and if Terry can get his head around it we should have another 7 second bike in Sydney soon.
So down to the finals, some people forget how the outlaw class runs and gave away easy wins with red lights. Final came down to Russ and Len with Len popping a cherry and handing it to Russ.
I had a great day out catching up with old friends, and I cant wait to get my face fixed so I can get me another bike to come out and join you.

Russ Pi_thumbsup mmm I glad wasn't around when Leonard retured to the pits with Dee waiting for Him Pi_freak
Well done Boys Yes
(04-04-2011, 10:09am)simmo Wrote:
(04-04-2011, 07:35am)#CAS# Wrote: Beutiful day out at WSID, the weather was perfect for racing.

Russ Pi_thumbsup mmm I glad wasn't around when Leonard retured to the pits with Dee waiting for Him Pi_freak
Well done Boys Yes

sounds good....pressure is good
Dave, thanks for the wrap up & results.
Congrats to the winners & grinners Trophy Clap
Nice to see the weather was good for the day. Leigh
Getting ready to make some noise.

Great day for sure!

Bike was flying, yes it actually left the ground !
I Put in a fresh motor 2 days earlier, so a great way to run it in was to run a 7.6 at 180 mph first up hahaha.
Track was excellent , so was the weather!!!

Congrats to Russ on the win he kept his head ,and went on to win Trophy

We cant forget about the two simmo's , Mal taking ET and Mph records for Vtwin and Rob getting a sportsbike all motor SCG Record. Clap

Well done mate your hard work and persistance has paid off Trophy.

Sir Simmo....Bump

Leonard.
(04-04-2011, 07:48pm)Legend Wrote: Great day for sure!
Bike was flying, yes it actually left the ground !
I Put in a fresh motor 2 days earlier, so a great way to run it in was to run a 7.6 at 180 mph first up hahaha.
Track was excellent , so was the weather!!!
Congrats to Russ on the win he kept his head ,and went on to win Trophy
We cant forget about the two simmo's , Mal taking ET and Mph records for Vtwin and Rob getting a sports bike all motor SCG Record. Clap
Well done mate your hard work and persistance has paid off Trophy.
Sir Simmo....Bump
Leonard.

Thanks Leonard, must have been something to do with with the way Mr Hands put the motor together Pi_thumbsup
Also Leonard don't know if anyone has told you but you can go faster if you keep the rear wheel on the ground Lol2
Mal was on fire with both records happy as a pig in shit, Russ has kindly offer him his lowing kit of his TLR so maybe he can go even faster at Willowbank
Ha ha , I'm always up for some good advise mate, Guido was my wing man on Sunday but he didn't warn me about Roxanne and how bad she can bite....Lol2

Can't wait to see you get that thing of yours sorted and get rid of the stock parts in there and get some real performance bits. Coolsmiley
You'll kick ass in "Outlaw".

Leonard.
Certainly was a busy weekend for me but a lot of fun!

Terry was keen to support the class which meant a big effort to finish it in time. Sunday morning was the first time he had actually sat on the bike let alone ride a turbo bike. By the end of Sunday we were both bushed. Not quite the result wanted but happy just the same that the bike came home in one piece.

It was good as always to catch up with Sydney friends.

Congrats Rusty and the Simmos!!
Shayne
Was The best day of my racing to date,
Many thanks to all.

Russ-T Racing Coolsmiley