ECU flash tune VS powercommander /dyno tune diference
(27-08-2014, 08:41pm)draughtrider Wrote: Question re reflashing, can this fix speedo also? (does speedo need fixing? I try not to look at it ...)

... and the supplementary question - Woolich has 15 ECU's listed for Gen2. If I were to acquire a second ECU 'for fun' so I could literally leave the first untouched in any way, would I have to match exactly or would any do (plus or minus minor fixes/etc) ...

Re: Speedo. Speedo isn't affected.

Re: Second ECU - not required, (and there's immobilizer issues to deal with). A Hayabusa ECU comes prepackaged with two complete and identical sets of maps. Sort of like having a spare. Normally you wouldn't access the spare but there is a trick; pin 58 is connected to a Black/White wire which goes to ground. If you sever this wire you have access to your 'spare' set of maps. If you connect a toggle switch in series you can happily switch between one set of maps and the other set of maps. It even works in 'real time' 'on the fly' as the engine is running and you're cruising along. These maps are known as MS0 and MS1, meaning 'Map Select Off' and Map Select On' respectively. Pin 58 is known as 'Map Select' on the ECU pin out diagram.

Now here is the wonderful part. In ECU Editor or WRT software you can modify each set of maps to your hearts content. Or you can modify just one of them and leave the other one completely stock. That way you can switch back to stock at any time you like.

Too good to be true? Totally incredulous are you? Believe me it works. A simple way to 'see' the evidence is via a wide band AFR display. My modified maps run leaner (stock is too rich) and at idle show 14.2 parts air to one part fuel. If I flick my toggle switch, (with engine running) the display will change to display the stock reading of around 12.9:1. Or you can run wild and say, make your third gear map run excessively rich! Ride it and spray following cars with soot and unburned fuel when you change into third. Then flick your dash-mounted toggle switch to select your stock maps and as if by magic third gear behaves itself again!

Have we mentioned nitrous oxide and the Map Select switch yet?

Camel

Messages In This Thread
RE: ECU flash tune VS powercommander /dyno tune diference - by Camel - 28-08-2014, 10:02am