Changing The Spark Plugs
Submitted by BGAHEER

1) Open the seats
2) Open the side Panels (Just for good visibility)
3) Open the 2 tank screws (top screws)
*** I used the tie down to hold the tank up - pull the tank up and then tie it to the rear seat post***
4) Remove the air cleaner, There are 2 pipes on either side of the air-box remove them
5) There is a electric fitting on the back of the air box unscrew it
6) Loosen both the screws on the throttle bodies - either side
7) There is a 10 mm bolt near head (below tank screws) remove it
8) Now pull the air box up - i.e. notice the box sliding up on the throttle bodies.
9) Now if you have stock air box then you will have a tube attached to the bottom of the air-box - remove it and the air box is off
10) Now you can see the plugs - I will replace it one at a time - kindly not - donâ€t under or over tighten them or you are in trouble - itâ€s easy if you follow your instincts.
11) Connector which sits on top of the plug is about 5 inches long and quite tight fit - so you will have to pull straight up - only getting the first one is an issue - then you know the process :)
12) If the plug is loose and you cannot get it out of the hole then put the connecter back in and then pull the plug out.
13) I started from right side and came to left
14) Once done re-fit it back.
15) If you want easy fitting of the air box then put a bit of oil/lube on the edges of the throttle bodies.
16) All this is about hours of work if you know what you are doing

Messages In This Thread
Changing The Spark Plugs - by DjPete - 28-06-2009, 10:54am