To Volvi The Wordsmith...................
You obviously like to play with words Volvi and you obviously like games,when it's not face to face I have noticed also.
Yes Suzuki have done the right thing..........they have recalled and are replacing the units...........the same as they have done four times before,yes this is the fifth modification to the Busa tensioners.So my point is here Volvi, all the boards are jam packed full of tensioner talk the pro's, cons and they better do this and they better do that.Add to the equation that if this tensioner packs up at the wrong time and gives you an engine lock up and spits you down the road you mightn't be around to collect your warranty.With all of these factors weighed up for about the fiftieth time it's got me buggared why on a bike in the 18,000.00 price range one wouldn't just go out and spend $80.00 ............solve any problem that may or may not be there (Now or Later)and forget about all the crap and just ride and enjoy the bike.So in answer to your question Volvi sure you can trust Suzuki.................but if there is a better way to solve the problem with less effort and input..........but then I've noticed some people just like creating problems where there are none hey Volvi !!!!!!
Boss
p.s. In correction of your post Volvi
Two parts to be replaced
No parts to be strengthened ??
Tensioner slipper (alloy)is to be replaced so it matches nose on the new tensioner.New tensioner is steel apparently.
Cams to be removed for removal of tensioner slipper.
External oil line to be added to supply oil to tensioner.
I'll see YOU at the GP

Messages In This Thread
To Volvi The Wordsmith................... - by Boss2 - 25-10-2000, 05:34pm
Re: To Volvi The Wordsmith................... - by paulh - 25-10-2000, 05:46pm
Re: To Volvi The Wordsmith................... - by Boss2 - 25-10-2000, 05:55pm
Re: To Volvi The Wordsmith................... - by Volvi - 26-10-2000, 12:16am
Re: To Volvi The Wordsmith................... - by Boss2 - 26-10-2000, 03:06am
To Volvi The Wordsmith................... - by Snaggs - 26-10-2000, 03:43am
Re: To Volvi The Wordsmith................... - by GLENN - 26-10-2000, 07:51am
Re: To Volvi The Wordsmith................... - by Gary and Joanne - 26-10-2000, 08:16am
Re: To Volvi The Wordsmith................... - by Boss2 - 26-10-2000, 09:04am