Moto GP
IOM is sick!!!!! the motogp was a good race to bad lorenzo pushed to hard! the fight between Kallio and Melandri was entertaining to!!!
yeah but i dont know how happy the ducati boys will be with kallio bending up one of their bikes. see how hard he hit him from behind- he was carrying heaps more speed into that corner. i thought there was gonna be punches for sure
Ludicrous speed- go!
me to was expecting punches he obviously had the shits and stuck the bike where he shouldn't have destroying a different teams bike and a ducati factory bike that he doesn't permanatly ride! was good to finally see Nicky get some solid results!
Was def Kallios fault imo, what was he thinking ? and then giving melandri a hard time for it Idiot2.
Talking of destroying bikes, Bautista did a pretty good job on his on the cool down lap hey Lol2.
Agree with you bigfoot, it was good to see Hayden doing well again. Hes slowly getting the hang of the thing i think.
+1 great to see Nicky finding some form and did see Bautista's stack on the cool down lap woke the family at 2am laughing my arse off!!!!!!
Rev I can here as usual looking for your informative update and what do I find - nothing, nada f*ck all!!!!

I had to look for myself searched the interweb at great cost to myself to find out what you are obliged to give us for free - you should be ashamed laying down on the job mate not acceptable. Is it possible to withdraw my thanks???

Indianapolois
Wet qualifying.
RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GRAND PRIX
MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 1 Classification
Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Motorcycle Lap time Km/h Gap
1 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'51.507 268.029
2 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 1'51.662 266.811 0.155
3 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'51.814 269.257 0.307
4 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'51.894 266.328 0.387
5 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'52.264 275.572 0.757
6 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'52.888 269.504 1.381
7 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'52.928 270.248 1.421
8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'53.128 267.054 1.621
9 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'53.151 278.709 1.644
10 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'53.590 260.888 2.083
11 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Team Ducati 1'53.967 268.519 2.460
12 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'54.554 247.898 3.047
13 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'55.674 256.335 4.167
14 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'55.788 259.047 4.281
15 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'56.204 264.410 4.697
16 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'56.594 262.990 5.087
17 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'58.244 233.699 6.737
Bruce Oh I'm sooooooooooooo sorry that so many people have come to rely on me for all the gos and up to date info but that thing called work has got in the way this weekend and a great job by the way for putting the results up from the first round of free practice see your can do it Clap.

It was a little disappointing to see that Chris Vermeulen is without a ride at the moment for next season, I really hope someone picks him up.

So Bruce this is just for you even though you've probably read it already..

Pedrosa fastest in Friday rain at The Brickyard
Friday, 28 August 2009

It was no hurricane but there was rain on Friday afternoon as the MotoGP riders practiced at Indianapolis.

Best images of MotoGP FP1 in Indianapolis

The man setting the best lap of the opening MotoGP practice session of the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix was Repsol Hondaâ€s Dani Pedrosa, who went round the 4.216km track in 1â€51.507s in wet conditions.

With the riders lapping more than ten seconds off the sort of pace that would be expected on a dry track, it was Pedrosa who adapted best to the conditions on his factory RC212V as he produced his best time on the sixth of just 16 laps.

Late charges from Pedrosaâ€s former team-mate Nicky Hayden (Ducati) and the reigning MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi (Fiat Yamaha) saw them place themselves in second and third positions on the timesheets, with times respectively 0.155s and 0.307s behind the Spaniard.

Like Hayden and Rossi, the Italianâ€s Yamaha colleague Jorge Lorenzo also produced his fastest pace on his final lap, putting himself fourth with a 1â€51.894 time.

Satellite pair Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini) and James Toseland (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) were fifth and sixth, with both hoping for good results this weekend as they attempt to secure 2010 rides.

The top ten was completed by Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki), home rider Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) and Marco Melandri (Hayate Racing).

Aleix Espargaró got his first ever MotoGP ride in the session and did well to end up in 15th place, lapping ahead of Gabor Talmacsi and his temporary team-mate Niccolò Canepa.

Edwards feeling confident after day one
Friday, 28 August 2009

Home rider Colin Edwards spoke to motogp.com after the first practice at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix.

Edwards comments on Friday Indy showing

Monster Yamaha Tech 3â€s Colin Edwards is desperate to get a good result this weekend at Indianapolis, following his nightmare 15th place at the inaugural Indy event last year, and things started solidly for the Texan rider on Friday as he lapped eighth fastest in a difficult wet session.

When asked to assess the grip levels on the varying asphalt areas of the 4.2km Brickyard MotoGP layout in the rain, Edwards noted, “The first part of the track looks mirror smooth, almost like glass, but the grip there is actually pretty good as long as you donâ€t hit any big puddles.”

“The old surface is obviously the best, then the little area from turns five and six is quite strange but the grip there is good too. So you have to just push and push, everything seems to be staying under us and I feel pretty confident.”

Having lapped in a best time of 1â€53.128 towards the end of the session on his satellite Yamaha M1 machine, Edwards reviewed his dayâ€s work, stating, “Well you start with your dry settings and you know what to do to make a wet bike. You tone things down with the springs and so on. Now we have to go the opposite way if the weather improves as we have got a pretty good wet bike, and we should be ok.”

Hayden hopes for consistent conditions for rest of weekend
Friday, 28 August 2009

Nicky Haydenâ€s biggest weekend of the year started well on Friday in the rain at Indy, but he wants more dry time on his Ducati Desmosedici GP9 over the next 48 hours.

Hayden looking forward to dry track time

Ducatiâ€s Nicky Hayden loves the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix, with the event being held within driving distance of his Kentucky home, and Friday was a good start for the former World Champion at round twelve as he placed second in the FP1 run.

Hayden was second at the inaugural Indy GP last year and he would love to achieve a similar result this time around, in front of his home fans, as he goes in search of his first podium with Ducati.

Reviewing the first practice, which saw him produce his best time right in the final seconds, Hayden said, “The bike felt pretty good from the beginning and after trying something new on the other bike, which didnâ€t work, we went back to the standard setting and went from there. The track was really tricky because there were sections with a lot of standing water and others where the grip was amazing - you had to be really on your toes.”

“Over the last couple of laps I just went for it because I knew I had a chance to be on top today and this is the highest Iâ€ve been in any session this year. Iâ€m up front with a smile on my face, so it ainâ€t so bad!”

Asked about the approach he will take for the rest of the weekend he replied, “If something unexpected happens and it does rain in qualifying or on Sunday we have got some great information, but we only have a little bit of dry data. It is nice to be wet because I can be at the top, but I really need more dry time. If it is going to be dry on Sunday we want it to be dry on Saturday so that we can get a direction because it takes me time to get on the pace.”

Fiat Yamaha pair reflect on good start
Friday, 28 August 2009

World Champion Valentino Rossi and his talented team-mate Jorge Lorenzo gave their thoughts after finishing Friday practice third and fourth respectively at Indianapolis.

For MotoGP title holder Valentino Rossi his job at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix is to try and repeat his historic 2008 victory in the inaugural edition of the event - and he started in good fashion on Friday at the Brickyard, as he lapped third fastest in the rain.

His team-mate Jorge Lorenzo was just behind him, as he has been so often this season, this time in fourth place, with a lap just 0.08s slower than the Italianâ€s.

Valentino Rossi - 3rd
“I sat out the first twenty minutes in order to save the engine mileage and by the time I went out it was very wet. Unfortunately the track wasnâ€t draining so well where there is new asphalt and in some corners it was quite dangerous with standing water and a risk of aquaplaning. This weather was unlucky but it wasnâ€t such a bad session and our pace and setting in the wet was quite good. We were able to improve the balance of the bike and if the conditions are like this again then we have some ideas to improve further. Luckily however it looks like the weather will be much better and so tomorrow we will start again from zero in the dry!”
Jorge Lorenzo – 4th
“This track has three kinds of asphalt and in some places the bikes looked like they were at sea! The riding style was very complicated to get right today, above all in the first two sectors, but anyway Iâ€m quite happy, especially because this is my first start after confirming that Iâ€ll stay with Yamaha next year and Iâ€m proud to be here. I felt quite confident today even in the bad weather but hopefully tomorrow the sun will shine and we can see where we are in the dry.”

Lorenzo outlines reasons for remaining with Yamaha
Thursday, 27 August 2009

Following this weekâ€s news that Jorge Lorenzo will ride for Yamaha again next year the Spanish star has revealed his reasoning for staying put.

Lorenzo on new Yamaha deal

He sits second in the championship in his second year in MotoGP with Fiat Yamaha and Jorge Lorenzo has decided that a third year with the team will suit him best, as he seeks to overcome his illustrious and seemingly untouchable rival and colleague Valentino Rossi.

Lorenzo had a serious offer on the table from Ducati for the coming season but has decided to stay with Yamaha as he continues in his quest to become the number one rider in the world.

“One important point was the experience I have with this bike,” Lorenzo explained to motogp.com in the Indianapolis paddock ahead of round twelve, as he revealed the reasons for his biggest decision since becoming a premier class rider. “Two years of experience is a lot and now, at this moment, I can ride the bike quite easily.”

Noting the influence of Yamaha Racingâ€s senior management on his decision making process Lorenzo also stated, “Another point is the confidence Yamaha have given me in the last two years, especially Lin Jarvis, who was key to my decision.”

Meanwhile, when asked about his objectives for the rest of this year Lorenzo replied, “Well, there are still six races to go and while there is a mathematical possibility and we have not lost the championship, we have to think we can still win. Itâ€s not easy, because Valentino has a 50 point advantage, so our goal is to enjoy ourselves and to try to get some podiums and victories.”

Suzuki and Capirossi stay together for 2010
Thursday, 27 August 2009

Suzuki Motor Corporation is pleased to announce that it has secured the services of Loris Capirossi for the 2010 MotoGP World Championship.

Capirossi will sign a one-year extension to his current Suzuki contract during the Indianapolis MotoGP this weekend. The experienced Italian joined Suzuki at the start of the 2008 season and has become a highly respected and influential figure within the Hamamatsu factory's racing division.

The agreement with Capirossi finalises Suzuki's 2010 MotoGP rider line-up, following the recent announcement that 24-year-old Spanish star Alvaro Bautista will join Suzuki for the next two years.

Loris Capirossi:
"I am very happy to continue working with Suzuki and everyone involved with the Racing Group and the team. I love working with my crew and feel really at home here. When I joined Suzuki I really wanted to win races and this is still the target. I love the competition and the challenge and my ambition to succeed is as strong as ever. We are 100% focused on developing the GSV-R into a race-winning machine and the improvements that have come through recently show that Suzuki is working in the right direction. I am pleased to have signed again at this time of the season as it gives me a great motivation for the rest of the year and an incentive to get the bike ready for 2010."

Paul Denning - Team Manager:
"Loris brings so much character, bravery and experience to Suzuki, and his technical input is invaluable. He still has an enormous drive and determination to succeed - we now have to react to his requests and give him the tools to be as competitive as possible. We hope that Loris, with the youthful exuberance of Alvaro alongside him next season, will be a good partnership. Loris is a great team-mate but certainly won't want to be beaten by the younger guy so I am sure he will be fighting hard!

"This announcement confirms that Suzuki and Chris Vermeulen will not be working together in 2010. On behalf of Suzuki Motor Corporation and the whole team, including title sponsor Rizla, I want to wish Chris the best of luck in his future career. He has been a great asset to us and a true professional at all times - even when things have not quite gone to plan. We have had some amazing high-points with Chris - taking Suzuki's first four-stroke Grand Prix win at Le Mans in 2007 being the obvious highlight. We hope that he continues to have success throughout his career and trust that Chris, Toni (Vermeulen's girlfriend) and his family will always remain friends of the team."

Vermeulen on Indy and his desire to continue in MotoGP
Thursday, 27 August 2009

Chris Vermeulen will not be a Suzuki rider in MotoGP next year, but he hopes to use the Indianapolis weekend to secure an opportunity to remain in the World Championship.

Vermeulen previews Indy weekend and looks beyond Suzuki

With the confirmation ahead of the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix that Loris Capirossi will continue with Suzuki alongside new recruit Álvaro Bautista in 2010, Chris Vermeulen is searching for a ride for next year as he strives to continue in MotoGP.

A good result at the famous American venue would do his chances no harm and the affable Australian had the following to say when quizzed about his future plans: “At the moment Iâ€m still unsure. It is clear that I wonâ€t be with Suzuki as I wonâ€t be staying there next year. I want to stay in the MotoGP paddock and we are talking with some teams at the moment, but things are not decided yet and hopefully I will know a lot more after this weekend. The teams are private teams, but we have to wait and see.”

A top five result at Indianapolis is certainly within Vermeulenâ€s capabilities, especially if the new chassis and engine on the GSV-R can be tuned in correctly to suit the track.

The former GP winner previewed the weekend saying, “We are at a very special place. The first time we came here last year the weather had a big effect. But we would love to step back on to the podium again because it has been more than a year since we did so. We had a very good test at Brno and we had some new parts there which we hope are going to help us here.”
Rapid Pedrosa maintains momentum at The Brickyard
Saturday, 29 August 2009

Dani Pedrosa was the top man again in the Saturday morning MotoGP practice run at Indianapolis.

Ahead of qualifying later today at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix Repsol Hondaâ€s Dani Pedrosa has been the fastest rider in both free practice sessions thus far.

The Spanish rider was the top man in the rain yesterday and in dry conditions on Saturday morning he lapped faster than any of his rivals once again, taking his factory RC212V round the Indianapolis MotoGP track in 1â€40.271 on his last lap in the session. That was more than half a second quicker than the time which gave Valentino Rossi pole at The Brickyard last year.

No-one was able to get within a second of Pedrosaâ€s pace, with his compatriot Jorge Lorenzo lapping second fastest - thanks to a best effort 1.015s behind the Honda man.

Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini) caused something of a surprise in third place with a time very similar to Lorenzoâ€s, whilst the Spaniardâ€s Fiat Yamaha team-mate Rossi was just a tenth of a second behind him in fourth.

With Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) and Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) placing fifth and sixth respectively there were three Yamahas and three Hondas in the top six.

Next came the three Ducatis of Nicky Hayden, Niccolò Canepa and Mika Kallio, ahead of final top ten representative Marco Melandri (Hayate Racing).

Pramac Racingâ€s replacement rider Aleix Espargaró impressed again in 14th place, in front of regular riders such as Randy de Puniet (LCR Honda) and James Toseland (Monster Yamaha Tech 3).

RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GRAND PRIX
MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 2 Classification

1 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'40.271 311.186
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'41.286 313.511 1.015
3 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'41.324 315.531 1.053
4 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'41.389 315.193 1.118
5 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'41.459 312.178 1.188
6 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'41.793 316.551 1.522
7 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 1'41.883 312.178 1.612
8 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'42.380 310.200 2.109
9 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Team Ducati 1'42.433 316.893 2.162
10 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'42.460 314.855 2.189
11 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'42.507 313.511 2.236
12 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'42.603 315.870 2.332
13 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'42.665 311.847 2.394 Australia2
14 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'42.775 309.873 2.504
15 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'42.815 313.511 2.544
16 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'43.131 311.847 2.860
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'43.184 308.895 2.913
Indianapolis pole secured by scorching Pedrosa
Saturday, 29 August 2009

The second ever MotoGP race at the world famous Indianapolis track will commence with Dani Pedrosa on pole on Sunday afternoon.

Indianapolis 2009 - MotoGP QP Highlights

MotoGP qualifying at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix on Saturday concluded with Spaniard Dani Pedrosa in pole position, following a superb performance from the Repsol Honda rider.

Pedrosaâ€s best effort of 1â€39.730 gave him a new pole position record and his second pole of 2009, with his nearest rival and compatriot Jorge Lorenzo of the Fiat Yamaha team unable to get within half a second of him.

Lorenzoâ€s team-mate Valentino Rossi is also on the front row, though the World Champion left it very late as his slotted into third place with his best time in the final moments, placing nearly nine tenths of a second down on Pedrosa.

That late lap from the legendary Italian denied Alex de Angelis (San Carlo Honda Gresini) a front row start by just one hundredth of a second, but the San Marino rider still qualified in fourth and is looking good at Indy so far this weekend, ahead of his home round next week.

There was a rare crash for Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) with less than ten minutes to go, but he still ended up fifth, with his fellow American Nicky Hayden (Ducati) just behind him in sixth, rounding off row two.

There was also a late crash for Toni Elías (San Carlo Honda Gresini) but he went round seventh quickest and he is joined on the third row by Italians Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) and Marco Melandri (Hayate Racing). Briton James Toseland (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) completed the top ten.

Mika Kallio also hit the deck and finished down in 15th place on the factory Ducati he is temporarily riding.

RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GRAND PRIX MotoGP Qualifying

1 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'39.730 318.266
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'40.236 314.855 0.506
3 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'40.609 315.870 0.879
4 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'40.620 315.870 0.890
5 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'40.961 311.186 1.231
6 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 1'41.067 313.846 1.337
7 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'41.283 314.181 1.553
8 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'41.309 315.531 1.579
9 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'41.530 318.266 1.800
10 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'41.620 312.843 1.890
11 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'41.742 313.511 2.012
12 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'41.773 313.511 2.043
13 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'41.910 313.176 2.180
14 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'42.038 312.178 2.308 Australia2
15 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Team Ducati 1'42.250 316.551 2.520
16 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'42.577 309.873 2.847
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'42.736 311.516 3.006

MotoGP looking at engine lease agreement
Saturday, 29 August 2009

In an effort to expand the MotoGP field and cut costs, the FÃration Internationale de Motocyclisme - the sport's governing body - is looking to formalise the lease of engines to teams for 2011.

Ongoing talks between MotoGPâ€s governing body the FIM, series†rights holder Dorna Sports and the MSMA - the manufacturers association - are shaping up the future of the MotoGP World Championship.

To bolster the MotoGP entry list and also make the sport more affordable to teams, a new agreement with manufacturers is under consideration, to implement an engine lease structure for manufacturers to provide 800cc prototypes engines to teams, who would in turn develop their own chassis.

“Looking at the future of the MotoGP class, weâ€ve been talking with the manufacturers to see how they can provide engines to the teams,” explains FIM President Vito Ippolito. “It would be an interesting way to expand the grid and to give a chance to new teams to join the series, as costs would be reduced.”

“At this moment, negotiations are going in the right direction and manufacturers could offer prototype 800cc engines from 2011. Weâ€re still in the process of defining the future of the MotoGP class and for the FIM and Dorna, it is crucial to achieve better stability in terms of the number of entries in the long term, taking into account the current technical and economic issues.”

Dorna Sports†CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta added: “Given the current economic situation, the ever evolving technology in MotoGP and looking at costs cutting measures, we had made a proposal to combine 1000cc engines and the current 800cc engines in the MotoGP class. The MSMA acknowledged the issues weâ€re facing at the moment and looked for another solution.”

“Now their proposal is, that from 2011, they could lease engines to teams with a fair standard price. This would not involve a technical regulation change as engines would be the same as they are now and it would allow us to optimise costs. The MSMA still has to announce what would be the price of the lease and weâ€re also waiting on an agreement with the manufacturers to commit to the Championship for a precise period of time. Once those two elements are set, it would be a very positive development for the future of the MotoGP World Championship.”
Bruce Oh I'm sooooooooooooo sorry that so many people have come to rely on me for all the gos and up to date info but that thing called work has got in the way this weekend and a great job by the way for putting the results up from the first round of free practice see your can do it .

It was a little disappointing to see that Chris Vermeulen is without a ride at the moment for next season, I really hope someone picks him up.

So Bruce this is just for you even though you've probably read it already..

You are tha moto gp man great update thanks.
Pi_tonguePi_tonguePi_tonguePi_tongue
2 am start even on fox - gp about 5.30 to 6 am maybe, looks like a late start at work tomorrow morn Confused

Cheers Ruffy
Lorenzo takes win as rivals suffer costly crashes
Sunday, 30 August 2009

Fiat Yamahaâ€s Jorge Lorenzo got his third victory of 2009 at Indianapolis, as his team-mate Valentino Rossi and Spanish rival Dani Pedrosa both crashed in the 28 lap Brickyard contest.

The battle for the 2009 World Championship was blown wide open on Sunday at the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix as Jorge Lorenzo scored a great win and his Fiat Yamaha colleague Valentino Rossi suffered his first DNF of the year.

Lorenzo eventually crossed the line with a 9.5s winning margin to cut Rossiâ€s championship lead in half, as the deficit dropped from 50 to 25 points, with five races remaining.

Behind Lorenzo there was a great ride from San Carlo Honda Gresiniâ€s Alex de Angelis who did his quest to remain in MotoGP no harm at all in second place, gaining his first ever premier class podium from fourth on the grid.

Nicky Hayden also rode brilliantly after qualifying sixth, repeating his 2008 Indianapolis podium, this time in third position – his best result to date with Ducati. Hayden got the better of Andrea Dovizioso, despite a stiff challenge from the man who replaced him in the Repsol Honda team, the Italian yet again having to settle for fourth on the last lap.

World Champion Valentino Rossi hit the ground on lap nine when battling for the race lead with Lorenzo, the Italian able to remount and try to continue only to have to retire a couple of laps later due to the damage his M1 machine sustained. It was the first time Rossi has failed to finish a race since Valencia in 2007.

Earlier in the race there was also a crash for Dani Pedrosa on the fourth lap when the pole man was leading the race. He bravely picked up his RC212V and rejoined in last place, doing well to finally finish in 10th position.

Adding to the American representation towards the front Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) finished in fifth place, whilst there was a late crash from Marco Melandri (Hayate Racing) when battling with James Toseland (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) for sixth. Melandriâ€s mishap left the Englishman to again equal his best ever MotoGP result.

The top ten also featured Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki), Mika Kallio (Ducati) and Toni Elías (San Carlo Honda Gresini). A special mention must go to Pramac Racingâ€s temporary replacement rider Aleix Espargaró who earned three points in 13th place on his MotoGP debut.

RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GRAND PRIX MotoGP

Pos. Rider Nation Team Total time
1 J. LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 47'13.592
2 A. DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini + 9.435
3 N. HAYDEN USA Ducati Team + 12.947
4 A. DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team + 13.478
5 C. EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 + 26.254
6 J. TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 + 32.408
7 L. CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP + 34.400
8 M. KALLIO FIN Ducati Team + 34.856
9 T. ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini + 45.005
10 D. PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team + 45.377
11 C. VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP + 45.478 Australia2
12 R. DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP + 52.294
13 A. ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing + 1'03.552
14 G. TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP + 1'15.086
Not classified
M. MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team 3 Lap
N. CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing 5 Lap
V. ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 16 Lap

MotoGP World Championship

Pos. Rider Nation Team Points
1 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 212
2 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 187
3 Casey STONER AUS Ducati Team 150 Australia2
4 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team 141
5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 123
6 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team 120
7 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini 88
8 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 86
9 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 84
10 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team 79
11 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 77 Australia2
12 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team 73
13 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 72
14 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini 70
15 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Team 42
16 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing 32
17 Sete GIBERNAU SPA Grupo Francisco Hernando 12
18 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 10
19 Yuki TAKAHASHI JPN Scot Racing Team MotoGP 9
20 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing 3
Well another round of MotoGp kicked of today with the first round of free practise so read on with todays session results and report folloewd up wit some light reading after that...

Rossi starts home weekend in good form
Friday, 04 September 2009

A late hot lap from Valentino Rossi made him Fridayâ€s fastest rider at the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini.

Misano 2009 - MotoGP FP1 Highlights

Fiat Yamahaâ€s reigning World Champion Valentino Rossi begun his quest to repeat his 2008 Misano victory with Fridayâ€s fastest FP1 time, ahead of his young Spanish team-mate Jorge Lorenzo.

Rossiâ€s 1â€35.304s lap at the end of the hour-long practice was not matched by any of his rivals, with Lorenzo coming closest as he lapped 0.126s behind the Italian. Lorenzo was second at Misano last season and he will need to beat his illustrious colleague if he wishes to keep up the pressure in the title race.

Repsol Honda pair Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso were third and fifth consecutively on the timesheet on their RC212V factory machines. Pedrosa trailed Rossi by 0.776s as the MotoGP big guns flexed their muscles on the opening day, though the Spaniard appeared to suffer a technical fault at the end of the practice and was taken back to his pit-box by a steward.

San Carlo Honda Gresiniâ€s Alex de Angelis continued his good rhythm from last weekend to lap fourth fastest overall, the San Marino rider still aiming to secure a ride for 2010. De Angelis recovered well from an inconsequential crash earlier in the session to mark his best time late on.

Also riding at his home track Dovizioso was around a second off the pace and will therefore aim to up the pace on Saturday, as his strives to challenge for the podium this weekend.

Also featuring in the Friday top ten were Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3), Mika Kallio (Ducati Marlboro), Loris Capirossi (Rizla Suzuki), James Toseland (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) and Nicky Hayden (Ducati Marlboro), who all went round within 1.5s of Rossiâ€s best time.

G.P. CINZANO DI SAN MARINO E RIVIERA DI RIMINI

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 1
1 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'35.304 273.141
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'35.430 273.833 0.126
3 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'36.080 278.637 0.776
4 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'36.096 277.849 0.792
5 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'36.316 277.421 1.012
6 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'36.350 270.676 1.046
7 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'36.419 278.709 1.115
8 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'36.508 275.791 1.204
9 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'36.588 270.744 1.284
10 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'36.608 273.072 1.304
11 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'37.056 274.879 1.752
12 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'37.057 278.422 1.753
13 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'37.126 269.730 1.822
14 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'37.134 272.865 1.830 Australia2
15 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'37.306 270.135 2.002
16 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'37.454 272.108 2.150
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'37.869 274.181 2.565

Ducati confirm Hayden for factory team again in 2010
Thursday, 03 September 2009

Ahead of his second appearance for Ducati on Italian soil this weekend it has been confirmed that Nicky Hayden will ride for the factory team again in 2010.

Hayden on new Ducati deal

Ducati Corse announced on Thursday that Nicky Hayden will sign a one year extension to his current agreement and will line up alongside Casey Stoner in the Ducati Marlboro team for 2010.

The news comes ahead of Haydenâ€s second appearance for Ducati in Italy, at the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini, and on the back of his first podium for the factory at his home event at Indianapolis last weekend.

Hayden commented, “This has been a very good week and this news just adds to that. After the good result in Indy, now to renew the deal with Ducati is exactly what I wanted. Iâ€m very happy. I always had faith and believed that we could achieve good results.”

He continued, “Iâ€m excited for these last five races of the 2009 season, and if you look at the progression we have made from the start of the season to the middle, hopefully we will continue this through to the end. I just wish to say a big thanks to all the guys who made this happen, especially everybody in Ducati, as well as all our sponsors.”

Ducati boss Claudio Domenicali stated, “The confirmation of Nicky is the right reward for a rider who has been shown to perfectly embody the frame of mind that characterises Ducati - passion, determination and commitment. We have always considered Nicky to be an important asset to the Ducati 2010 strategy and we are very happy that he will remain in the Ducati Marlboro team. His progression through the season has been constant up to the podium in Indianapolis and we are certain that the experience he has gained will be decisive for a 2010 season full of success.”

Lorenzo full of confidence ahead of Misano visit

Indianapolis race-winner Jorge Lorenzo is in a highly positive mood ahead of round 13.

After scoring a confidence-boosting win in the U.S. to put his Donington and Brno mishaps firmly in the past, Jorge Lorenzoâ€s title dream is back on – and he aims to keep up the fight at Misano this weekend.

Arriving at his title rival and Fiat Yamaha colleague Valentino Rossiâ€s home event, Lorenzo invades ‘enemy territory†this weekend having just halved the championship deficit to 25 points.

The young Spaniard was victorious at Misano in the 250cc class in 2007 and was second in his first MotoGP appearance at the track last year, behind race-winner and home favourite Rossi.

“It is one of the tracks where I was very fast in the past, so Iâ€m really looking forward to going there in such good shape,” said the 22 year-old. “I won there in 2007 and last year I was not far behind Valentino. I am very happy that I have cut the championship lead by 25 points in just one race, but I know that winning the title will still be very difficult.”

“My first aim is to keep enjoying riding my bike and try to do the best I can. I hope I can be as good as last year or even better, even though I know how hard it will be at Valentinoâ€s home circuit. I hope everyone there gets to see a battle.”

Rossi wants to forget Indy error in Rimini

Riding in front of his home fans this weekend, Valentino Rossi is glad to have a chance to put his Indianapolis error behind him as soon as possible.

Failing to finish a race for the first time since 2007 was hardly the ideal preparation for Valentino Rossi ahead of his true home event, this weekendâ€s Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini, but with a 25 point title advantage and the home crowd behind him things could be far worse.

Racing so soon after his Brickyard DNF will give the ultra-talented Italian a chance to exorcise the demons and put the pressure back on his Fiat Yamaha team-mate Jorge Lorenzo – who covets Rossiâ€s cherished MotoGP crown – especially given the fact the Rossi was victorious at Misano last year.

Previewing this weekendâ€s action, with the track being just a few kilometres from his home town of Tavullia, Rossi stated, “Iâ€m glad we donâ€t have long until the next race because I quickly want to forget the mistake of Indianapolis! Last year at Misano was incredible, to win in front of all my fans and so close to home was a great emotion and after missing out in Mugello this year we are really focused on trying to get the best result there.”

He continued, “As usual my Fan Club will make a big party there so I hope that we can give them a good show, itâ€s always great to ride at home. As we saw last weekend, anything can happen and the championship isnâ€t over, we have to keep working at the maximum and just try to take as many points as we can each time.”

Important weekend for Repsol Honda pair

The Misano round is of particular importance to factory Honda riders Andrea Dovizioso and Dani Pedrosa, for contrasting reasons.

For Andrea Dovizioso the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini is important simply because it is his home round, whereas for his Repsol Honda colleague Dani Pedrosa it is a chance to put right everything which went wrong for him last Sunday.

Dovizioso has fond memories of riding at Misano as a youngster having been born not too far away from the Rimini circuit and he arrives at his home GP in good form, having followed up his maiden MotoGP victory at Donington with two fourth places at Brno and Indianapolis.

“I love the atmosphere at Misano and this will be a special weekend for me,” the young Italian remarked this week. “This is the track where I started my motorsport adventure so Iâ€m really looking forward to riding here for the factory Honda team. Itâ€s a dream come true. I think we can have a strong race here, especially after the good job we did on the machine at Indianapolis.”

Dovizioso added, “We will start this weekend with the new set-up that we used for the Indianapolis race because my crew came up with some very useful adjustments to the machine which allowed me to get a better feeling and move forward in the race. All in all, Iâ€m confident for Misano and I canâ€t wait to get back out on track.”

For Pedrosa, after dominating practice last weekend at Indy, a mistake on lap 3 ended any hopes of a second American victory of 2009 for the Catalan. It was a big disappointment but the round 13 event gives him an opportunity to overcome his error.

“Itâ€s really good that Iâ€ll get an immediate chance to make up for the disappointment of the Indianapolis race result. Although that was obviously a big let down and you never want to crash, the pace we set over the whole weekend was very encouraging and the fact that I could finish the race riding very fast again means that Iâ€ve already been able to put the crash behind me somewhat. Now we can concentrate on being quick again from the start of first practice on Friday.”
Rossi in charge again on Saturday morning
Saturday, 05 September 2009

The World Champion was the quickest rider in FP2 at the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini.

Following up on his good work from Friday, Fiat Yamahaâ€s Valentino Rossi was again the top performer in practice on Saturday morning at Misano, despite a late surge from his team-mate Jorge Lorenzo – who was second again.

2008 Misano race-winner Rossi, who lives just a few kilometres from the circuit, put in a rapid 1â€34.528 time right at the end of FP2 to stay at the top of the timesheets and boost his confidence ahead of qualifying this afternoon at round 13.

Lorenzo took over from his team-mate and championship rival Rossi at the top of the timesheet briefly, with a 1â€34.732 lap in the final seconds, only for the Italian to strike back immediately.

Half a second behind Rossi in third place was Repsol Hondaâ€s Dani Pedrosa, whilst LCR Honda rider Randy de Puniet showed good pace in spite of his ankle injury in fourth – a further three tenths back on Pedrosa. Also on home turf this weekend, Pedrosaâ€s factory Honda colleague Andrea Dovizioso was fifth best, with a time similar to De Punietâ€s.

Americans Nicky Hayden and Colin Edwards were sixth and seventh respectively, with the top ten rounded out by Alex de Angelis, Toni Elias and a remarkably quick Aleix Espargaró, lapping faster than numerous established names at the start of what is just his fifth day on a MotoGP bike.

G.P. CINZANO DI SAN MARINO E RIVIERA DI RIMINI

MotoGP Free Practice Nr. 2

1 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'34.528 270.948
2 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Fiat Yamaha Team Yamaha 1'34.732 273.210 0.204
3 3 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'35.001 279.720 0.473
4 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 1'35.289 273.003 0.761
5 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 1'35.340 275.299 0.812
6 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'35.382 273.417 0.854
7 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'35.479 270.608 0.951
8 15 Alex DE ANGELIS RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'35.584 276.852 1.056
9 24 Toni ELIAS SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 1'35.966 275.650 1.438
10 44 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'35.999 271.493 1.471
11 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'36.002 275.089 1.474
12 7 Chris VERMEULEN AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 1'36.187 269.461 1.659 Australia2
13 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Ducati Marlboro Team Ducati 1'36.247 276.356 1.719
14 88 Niccolo CANEPA ITA Pramac Racing Ducati 1'36.491 269.058 1.963
15 52 James TOSELAND GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 1'36.513 270.880 1.985
16 33 Marco MELANDRI ITA Hayate Racing Team Kawasaki 1'36.518 273.764 1.990
17 41 Gabor TALMACSI HUN Scot Racing Team MotoGP Honda 1'37.794 270.337 3.266
good to see nicky getting some results!