Porsche Cayenne S
I've driven the X5 and concur that it is an awesome card to drive. The only other European SUV 4x4 that I have driven is my parents ML Mercedes and the BMW shat all over that in terns of handling/braking....

I may be flamed here but have you thought about a Ford Territory??
what about a rangerover sport? uncle just got the twin turbo v8 diesel lovely car goes like stink
Regards

Dan
HI Pan,

Excellent choice, I would look for a Turbo V8 and re-chip it for more power. Only issue is that it consumes tyres like a busa :). One of the sexiest looking SUV.

Cheers,

Bill
What a laugh, everyone here is responding as tho Pan has any say in what car the family ends up buying.

Pan ask the misses she will tell you what car you need.Pi_tongue
Hey Pan,

Dee recommends the Ford F250, Heaps of room, lots of grunt, and intimidation and you can drive the hell over anything!!Eek

Leonard.
LOAFIE Wrote:Mate of mine has the BMW X5, drove the Ceyanne but said the X5 a better car

The BMW X5 will handle the bitumen & a gravel driveway (if you have one)
but don't go outback with it .Basically a city car & an expensive one as well.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
bassmaniac69 Wrote:I've driven the X5 and concur that it is an awesome card to drive. The only other European SUV 4x4 that I have driven is my parents ML Mercedes and the BMW shat all over that in terns of handling/braking....

I may be flamed here but have you thought about a Ford Territory??

Yes. I loved the Territory. We actually checked out the Kluger (too small in the back seat), then really liked the Terri. Little problems galore though if you look on the Terri forum. Otehrwise a great car.

Problems included:
Windows getting jammed all the time
Front end making clunking noises regularly
Rear door scraping on sides/panels and scraping paint off
Brake line probs/failures

Little annoying "Ford" things that don't seem to happen as much on Euro cars. Still thinking of the Terri, but safety is really important too...

Watch this and you'll see what I mean. XC90 has a Boron composite roof. Pretty tough!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6y3HR6b98E&feature=related

It also has:

(1) front and curtain air bags in the front,
(2) front and curtain air bags in the second row/rear
(3) front and curtain air bags in the boot/7 seater

I like the X5 but it looks dated on the inside. My brother had an 80's 5 series BM trouble-you and a 90's 7 series... the X5 dash looks the same!

I like the 1hotBusa approach. Drive them and see what I like. So far teh Volvo is waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the others!

Yes Blackzook, my wife... I know...

I asked her to go out and just choose something she would like to drive. I thought she was going to pick a Rav4 or a Commodore, and she came home with a new freakin WRX!

Legend, tell Dee if I had a shed as big as yours, I'd go the F250, but I live in Marrickville mate. Most of the streets here aren't wide enough for Dee's truck! Frown
Dan85 Wrote:Pan just out of interest i remember a magazine did a comparison between the wrx and the cayenne turbo 8 and the cayenne was pulling faster lap times than the wrx at eastern creek. cant remember what magaizine it was.

yeah you ain't wrong - turbo one was flying around on a track day I did recently at Wakefield park...bloody quick hunk of 2-tonne put me to shame - but I can't driveEmbarassed
Wakefield Park results
What the hell are we talking about cars for in this forum..... Heck yeah spend 200k to go slow
Oh there's the lexus rx 400 hybrid to consider also.The friend with the x5 again says that it is economical,fast and handles great everywhere!
But interior is like his previous rx8 he said..
G'day
VW Touareg. Handles, stops, goes, good offroad, good onroad, economical, adequate room. IMHOO
Regards
Kevin
Pan,

i liked the territories until i drove one to comboyne and back, with car trailer.
what a piece of shit they are.

the cayenne, what an awsome car, i woudl highly recommend it :)

the VW touareg is basically the same car as the cayenne, same base, different body and engine variants.

Jes
BLACKZOOK Wrote:What a laugh, everyone here is responding as tho Pan has any say in what car the family ends up buying.

Pan ask the misses she will tell you what car you need.Pi_tongue
+1 Misses comes first..
Lets face the fact that the wrx has enough space and traction to transport a family safely and fast and it can be spacious with an over head thule storage rack....Like most of the europeans do..

But the badge isn't right!Pi_tongue

Get the Lexus Pan!It has all the attributes you need and it is enviromental friendly,something that will make the enviroment better for future generations.Coffee2
PuttyTime Wrote:What the hell are we talking about cars for in this forum..... Heck yeah spend 200k to go slow

Yeh, you're right. What was I thinking?

I'll just check eBay for an attachment to fit my wife and 2 kids on the back of the Busa Idiot2

Billy the kid Wrote:Lets face the fact that the wrx has enough space and traction to transport a family safely and fast and it can be spacious with an over head thule storage rack....Like most of the europeans do..

But the badge isn't right!Pi_tongue

Get the Lexus Pan!It has all the attributes you need and it is enviromental friendly,something that will make the enviroment better for future generations.Coffee2

No, the Subaru isn't big enough. With 2 baby seats in the back, we can't fit another adult in the car, so can't take a friend anywhere, can't give my dad a lift to any place, etc, etc... and I feel bad asking dad to hop into the over head thule storage rack Roll

Lexus? Tried them. Not impressive at all. More bang for bucks in the Euro cars... didn't feel right paying lots of $$$$ for a Toyota with leather trim.

Volvo! I'm liking the XC90 Volvo a lot.
Safety, environmentally friendly and the V8 kicks butt!!

Confused