Ceramic Coating
(25-11-2010, 07:29pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: UPDATE:

Fitted headers, rode around in peak traffic...radiator fan did not come on once! Before this, my fan would be kicking in every time I stopped at a set of lights.
Conclusion: Cermakrome does indeed help your bike stay cooler.

Pi_thumbsup

Fitted headers, rode around in peak traffic...radiator fan did not come on once! Before this, my fan would be kicking in every time I stopped at a set of lights.

Lol2
(25-11-2010, 07:54pm)fasterfaster Wrote:

Lol2

Go f*** yourself.

[Image: Troll_spray.jpg]
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
Here we go again.......

Might be jumping to conclusions, There is the possibility you haven't got the fan plugged in! Or a cooler day etc.
Looks cool though!
I pity the fool who goes out tryin' a' take over da world, then runs home cryin' to his momma!
Mr Rainbow Sir .......................... rather than be abusive it might be more beneficial for all concerned if you simply explain how coating the headers makes your motor run cooler ? Was this not your statement Sir ?
Now see how sweet and well behaved I'm being.
Jet-Hot have been claiming for years that their sterling coatings significantly reduce temps. when applied to headers.

As for reducing actual engine temp itself I did ask them that question and the reply was you 'might' get a drop of around 3 to 5 degrees because of reduced thermal transfer and also the hot exhaust gasses are able to pass through the pipes faster with the coating so more cool air can be brought in via induction. (I have no idea if that is true or not)

http://www.jet-hot.com.au/advantages.htm#Performance

[Image: graphreduction.jpg]

edit: I was going to get my last bike done when I bought it. They quoted $160 with a lifetime garauntee on new headers.
In a car engine bay environment one would probably expect that type of reduction due to less radiant heat from the headers............... on a bike I'd say maybe 1 degree ...................... as the radiant heat isn't being conducted into a closed environment in which the engine is encompassed.
Com'on Pete,
next you'll be tellin' us that painting your bike RED wont make it go faster!! Pi_tongue
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Dude, my bike always runs at half, and very rarely the fan comes on, especially on a 27degree day.
Did you do anything else to the bike other than the coating, eg, remove radiator/replace coolant?
Sounds like something was wrong for the fan to come on so regularly before.
The coating really can not have made that much difference. Just be happy that its shiny, dont go giving it extra credit for dubious claims.....
I pity the fool who goes out tryin' a' take over da world, then runs home cryin' to his momma!
(26-11-2010, 03:11pm)Ward P Wrote: Com'on Pete,
next you'll be tellin' us that painting your bike RED wont make it go faster!! Pi_tongue

Wardy actually I was going to say that ....................... but figured I can only go and f*** myself so many times Lol2
Lol2
Funnily enough my only concern is not to see others waste money on a result they are not going to gain Coolsmiley
One could I guess say that not always is there a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow ................. sometimes it's just a crock of shit. Therefore Dr Worm I thank you Sir for explaining the not possible in a much more polite manner than my tolerance would allow Pi_thumbsup
Did I waste my time doing my rims? At least they Won't get sunburnt!
/
Do your rim's run cooler now Andrew? Or just look good .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here