ECU flash tune VS powercommander /dyno tune diference
you are a true magician Camel LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(28-08-2014, 10:37am)Batfink Wrote: you are a true magician Camel LOL

Keep talking like that and you just might get to see my magic wand!
(28-08-2014, 10:02am)Camel Wrote:
(27-08-2014, 08:41pm)draughtrider Wrote: Question re reflashing, can this fix speedo also? (does speedo need fixing? I try not to look at it ...)

... and the supplementary question - Woolich has 15 ECU's listed for Gen2. If I were to acquire a second ECU 'for fun' so I could literally leave the first untouched in any way, would I have to match exactly or would any do (plus or minus minor fixes/etc) ...

Re: Speedo. Speedo isn't affected.

Re: Second ECU - not required, (and there's immobilizer issues to deal with). A Hayabusa ECU comes prepackaged with two complete and identical sets of maps. Sort of like having a spare. Normally you wouldn't access the spare but there is a trick; pin 58 is connected to a Black/White wire which goes to ground. If you sever this wire you have access to your 'spare' set of maps. If you connect a toggle switch in series you can happily switch between one set of maps and the other set of maps. It even works in 'real time' 'on the fly' as the engine is running and you're cruising along. These maps are known as MS0 and MS1, meaning 'Map Select Off' and Map Select On' respectively. Pin 58 is known as 'Map Select' on the ECU pin out diagram.

Now here is the wonderful part. In ECU Editor or WRT software you can modify each set of maps to your hearts content. Or you can modify just one of them and leave the other one completely stock. That way you can switch back to stock at any time you like.

Too good to be true? Totally incredulous are you? Believe me it works. A simple way to 'see' the evidence is via a wide band AFR display. My modified maps run leaner (stock is too rich) and at idle show 14.2 parts air to one part fuel. If I flick my toggle switch, (with engine running) the display will change to display the stock reading of around 12.9:1. Or you can run wild and say, make your third gear map run excessively rich! Ride it and spray following cars with soot and unburned fuel when you change into third. Then flick your dash-mounted toggle switch to select your stock maps and as if by magic third gear behaves itself again!

Have we mentioned nitrous oxide and the Map Select switch yet?

Camel

Is it just the Gen 2's that have two sets of maps ?
Another question for you guru's.
With just a TRE, how much difference would be noticed?
I have a 2010 Gen 2, stock apart from R77 slipons.
(28-08-2014, 10:02am)Camel Wrote: Too good to be true? Totally incredulous are you? Believe me it works. A simple way to 'see' the evidence is via a wide band AFR display. My

This is all ridiculously interesting :-) Anyone got any ideas for AFR and switch mounting?
You can show me your wand anytime (I need a good laugh), just don't try to make it disappear lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(28-08-2014, 04:52pm)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: Another question for you guru's.

Realistically, in your day to day riding you will probably not notice anything other than possibly the fuel consumption if the fifth gear map is different from sixth gear map (I can not remmember if this is the case). The TRE just messes with communication between the gear sensor and the ECU telling it that when you are in the sixth gear the bike is still in fifth. That is sort of a primitive way around the factory set speed restriction of 189 miles/h. The right way to do it is to read the program stored in ECU remove the restriction, adjust few other handy settings like fan start temperature etc and write it back to the ECU or "flush" it as it is also called.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(28-08-2014, 07:59pm)Shifu Wrote:

Realistically, in your day to day riding you will probably not notice anything other than possibly the fuel consumption if the fifth gear map is different from sixth gear map (I can not remmember if this is the case). The TRE just messes with communication between the gear sensor and the ECU telling it that when you are in the sixth gear the bike is still in fifth. That is sort of a primitive way around the factory set speed restriction of 189 miles/h. The right way to do it is to read the program stored in ECU remove the restriction, adjust few other handy settings like fan start temperature etc and write it back to the ECU or "flush" it as it is also called.

Just in case you need more convincing, I have used both a TRE and an ECU flash. There is *no* comparison. The TRE is like a wank whereas the ECU Flash is like a full BBBJCIM.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(28-08-2014, 08:14pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(28-08-2014, 07:59pm)Shifu Wrote:

Just in case you need more convincing, I have used both a TRE and an ECU flash. There is *no* comparison. The TRE is like a wank whereas the ECU Flash is like a full BBBJCIM.

That is a much shorter version of what I just said. Very well done Lol3
What do you think now Matty (Storm) Biker
I think I have gained a lot of knowledge and the possibilities that exist.and u will test the bike in the dry soon. We forgot about the thermofan temperature cut off lol it's Maddy by the way lol.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

(29-08-2014, 03:00am)storm Wrote: I think I have gained a lot of knowledge and the possibilities that exist.and u will test the bike in the dry soon. We forgot about the thermofan temperature cut off lol it's Maddy by the way lol.

I have to add that all the hardware comes in BLACK (for all those who are concerned about the fast colour)Lol3
(28-08-2014, 10:02am)Camel Wrote:
(27-08-2014, 08:41pm)draughtrider Wrote: Question re reflashing, can this fix speedo also? (does speedo need fixing? I try not to look at it ...)

... and the supplementary question - Woolich has 15 ECU's listed for Gen2. If I were to acquire a second ECU 'for fun' so I could literally leave the first untouched in any way, would I have to match exactly or would any do (plus or minus minor fixes/etc) ...

Re: Speedo. Speedo isn't affected.

Re: Second ECU - not required, (and there's immobilizer issues to deal with). A Hayabusa ECU comes prepackaged with two complete and identical sets of maps. Sort of like having a spare. Normally you wouldn't access the spare but there is a trick; pin 58 is connected to a Black/White wire which goes to ground. If you sever this wire you have access to your 'spare' set of maps. If you connect a toggle switch in series you can happily switch between one set of maps and the other set of maps. It even works in 'real time' 'on the fly' as the engine is running and you're cruising along. These maps are known as MS0 and MS1, meaning 'Map Select Off' and Map Select On' respectively. Pin 58 is known as 'Map Select' on the ECU pin out diagram.

Now here is the wonderful part. In ECU Editor or WRT software you can modify each set of maps to your hearts content. Or you can modify just one of them and leave the other one completely stock. That way you can switch back to stock at any time you like.

Too good to be true? Totally incredulous are you? Believe me it works. A simple way to 'see' the evidence is via a wide band AFR display. My modified maps run leaner (stock is too rich) and at idle show 14.2 parts air to one part fuel. If I flick my toggle switch, (with engine running) the display will change to display the stock reading of around 12.9:1. Or you can run wild and say, make your third gear map run excessively rich! Ride it and spray following cars with soot and unburned fuel when you change into third. Then flick your dash-mounted toggle switch to select your stock maps and as if by magic third gear behaves itself again!

Have we mentioned nitrous oxide and the Map Select switch yet?

Camel

Very interesting. is it possiable to use the Mode (A, B, C) switch for this?
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

From what I read and been told yes you can remap each of the current Mode maps. What IS interesting is what Camel told us, that there is a hidden set of 3 maps available to use... or to keep stock

Very VERY interesting and valuable to know
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Suzuki engineers rock
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!