RE: Insurance ....QBE
Madmax Wrote:Great price bloke.  Is that a weekend ride only policy?

Max:ausflag:Hayabusabusa::ausflag:

Hey Max,

Pricing was based on day to day 65% no claim with $550 excess, you also had to insure online and pay upfront. Check the fine print on mods. Seemed all up[ front. Is recomended by Rapid Magazine.

I also have a VZ1600 insured with swann, I.M.R have bettered that price by over 20%.
When I got my Bus, Shannons told me they only insured the "enthusiast". Their definition didn't include me riding it daily. I think their definition back then was somebody who only rode on fine weekends. Maybe things have changed.

Currently with QBE. Gunna have a look at NRMA Veteran and Vintage towards renewal time and see what restrictions might be there. (yes I have got my Ulysses card.)
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Strooth Dude,Scary

I suggest you try Swann Insurance, I have a 06' Busa and i'm only payin $780 full comp, rating 1!! f*** everyone else, they'll make you pay upto $ 1500 - $ 2000.
i sugest try Insure My RIDE Insurance just to see as swan was about the same price for me. I CAN INSURE BOTH BIKES NOW FOR THE PRICE OF JUST THE BUSA THROUGH SWANN.
when insuring I got a quote from QBE motorcycle insurance was quite high, (about $1400) I then got a quote through insure my ride off the internet ($780) and sent it to QBE and they matched it. I don't know who would be the better insurer when it comes to claims but you can't beat the discount if you want to insure with QBE.
i got my insurance through shannons for about 996.00 with a pipe an pc111 added for a k8. it was my first insurance policy and im only 27, but have been racing speedway and drag racing since 16 so they took that on as experience???
Coffee2

QBE initial quote was $850 ish, ended up getting it for $740 after reminding them my car was with them and mentioning insuremyrides online quote.

Shannons also told me I wasn't an "enthusiast", so I told them very enthusiastically where to go.....Decided not to go with insuremyride as they are owned by Shannons. bastards!
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Try www.ebikeinsurance.com.au
Mine is 2004, daily commuter, rating 1.
$327 / yr full comp ($450 excess).

I've just made a claim & the approved it within 3 business days.
Fellars when looking around for insurance it pays to ask questions such as new replacement, what gear is covered within the policy. When I did the ring around just recently for the new Busa a quotes ranging from $780.00 to $3000.00 were quoted.
QBE was the best value for Money at $ 780.00 and they cover up to $4000.00 worth of gear and if you have brought a brand new bike they have a 2 year replacement policy, I'm 40 and have 65% no claim bonus. One last question worth asking is about the amount of Klms that you will do in a 12mth period. For example with QBE if you do 8000klms or less in 12mths this can make your policy cheaper.
Shannons was very compareable but didn't have 2yr replacement on new bikes otherwise everything else was pretty close as well as price.
8000kms in 12 months ????? Who the hell does that - I do 8000 in 3 months, bike is 4months old and has 11k on already - get out and ride geeeze
Egos; everyone got one
busakid08 Wrote:8000kms in 12 months ????? Who the hell does that - I do 8000 in 3 months, bike is 4months old and has 11k on already - get out and ride geeeze

I was only making a comment about certain aspects of insurance policies these days my last trip across Auz Myself and one of my mates did 30,000klms in 3 months and got to see and ride over some pretty impressive roads and must admidt that the guys in the east have some good roads to ride on. My favourite the reefton and the black spurr and I thought Great Ocean Road was up there as well.
Just got my QBE renewal. Went up from $610 to $740. I rang and had a whinge (which I do every year for every insurance policy I have), mentioned insure-my-ride and a couple of others and reminded them I'd been a customer for 15 years. Magically... dropped back to $610 again.

This happens every year. They lump on a big increase, I ring and we do the ritual negotiation. Fairly early on I say "At this price, you've lost a 15 year customer" then you hear lots of keystrokes happening on the other side... but in reality that's the service rep sending an email to her mum. Then suddenly there's a breakthrough and we're talking turkey. In this case, it's the same premium as last year. I can live with that.

By the way, I'm 50 - so before you start on at me about "how did you get that price" remember, I USED to pay outrageous insurance prices for a couple of decades while the insurance companies waited to see if I wiped myself out..... or the bike. Now they figure I'm a fine upstanding senior citizen.

The other thing that I think gives you an edge is longevity with the one company. That's why I don't move around just for a better price. In the long run, I think I've done better sticking with QBE. I did seriously consider Shannons a couple of years ago, but they were only cheap for the 1st year, then they really piled on the increases.
Was only joshin - yep ya gotta shop around, I got a bike on finance and the insurance was an absolute ripoff - paying through the nose but thats life when you cant save the cash bugger lol
Egos; everyone got one
Got my K7 Turbo insured with Shannons for $580.00 per year for $25000 cover all mods declared. Ive had a claim with Shannons in the past, couldnt wish for a better company to deal with, very happy customer.
Spent some of today getting quotes.

2007 'busa, yoshi pipes, daily use.
27 year old rider with two recent claims through QBE, several speeding tickets in the last five years. QBE quoted me $927.

When other quotes reached a hilarious $3600, I'm going to take that.