Porsche Cayenne S
Mazda CX9, lexus, cruiser. Been a mechanic that worked for VW i wouldnt touch a toe rag, sorry touarag.The euro stuff is a great way to burn money.
Keep the wrx and get a gen 2 busa. Leigh
Getting ready to make some noise.

what about the dodge nitro with the 500hp hemi in it!
Regards

Dan
funny thing about all those air bags in cars now! Pain in the arse when we have to go near them with injured people in them.
See the firies are told how many there are in the vehicle, but nothing else as all these car manufacturers want to keep their secrets. Some hold charges to set them off hours after incident!
Firies and ambo's have been killed and paralized as a result of a head in range when they are trying to help people in these things.... and the euro models are FULL with airbags bloody everywhere.
Dan85 Wrote:what about the dodge nitro with the 500hp hemi in it!

Confused

Sounds expensive!!!

Re: air-bags... yeh, let's abolish them all... Idiot2
My 2c worth.
I agree with someone a few pages back. Drive them all, compare prices, options, extras, models etc.

I did that when buying my latest car.
I drove Mercs, Jags, VW, Passat, Volvo, Audi, BMW, Alfa's, Citroen & others.

I wanted an Audi, but with all the options it was pulling up close to $140k
I ended up with a Honda Legend. All of the "options" offered by Audi at extra cost, came as standard features on the Legend for a total of $78k.

And to be honest, I can't really identify the difference. The Honda is awesome in all aspects.
That porshe badge is damb hard to go past.

But for practicality buy a Toyota.
A 200 series turbo diesel V8 Cruiser Grande may not have the badge, but it's the best vehicle out there.
Talk hard, you can get one under $100k with all the bells and whistles, it's a luxury vehicle, drives nice and will go anywhere.

100% reliable, 100% practical, best vehicle on the road.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
pan Wrote:and I feel bad asking dad to hop into the over head thule storage rack

Dad->Are we ready to go?
Pan->Sorry dad,you don't fit!You'll have to hollow on the busa,here...wear the halmet and keep the revs below 7kRollRoll

Go for the volvo pan,it is sweet looking and worths every single penny..
Copper is the color right??
Ward P Wrote:But for practicality buy a Toyota.
100% reliable, 100% practical, best vehicle on the road.

Spot-on Ward. We looked at the Kluger as our first option...

The back seat was too narrow! Damned Klugers! They're getting wider on the outside and narrower on the inside!

Prado: The tail-gate opens like a house door. Not practical and slightly too big.

Landcruiser. Same. Too big.

Billy the kid Wrote:
pan Wrote:and I feel bad asking dad to hop into the over head thule storage rack

Dad->Are we ready to go?
Pan->Sorry dad,you don't fit!You'll have to hollow on the busa,here...wear the halmet and keep the revs below 7kRollRoll

Go for the volvo pan,it is sweet looking and worths every single penny..
Copper is the color right??

Roll

Copper!
Pfft!
It's gotta be red! Pi_tongue
New commodore wagon,6L chev with cylinder deactivation,very smart looks,stick a set of factory 19,s on it,pretty smart looking car.How wide do you need your car anyway.Ive got a commodore with 2 babyseats in the back seat and still enough room to fit an adult next to them.Aussie cars may not have the best build quality but your not going to get reamed as badly at service time.If it doesn,t go hard enough a harrop underbonnet supercharger fits in there nice and discretely.Ive seen a few charcoal ve wagons around with factory 19,s on them,best looking wagon ive seen,do your homework,enquire about servicing costs.2 turnin and 2 burnin is Aussie way.Otherwise the new turbo diesel motors out there rock.Pi_thumbsup
What about a hummer.
spamanglenn Wrote:Aussie cars may not have the best build quality but your not going to get reamed as badly at service time.

Volvo XC90 has curtain air bags in front, curtain air bags in rear AND curtain air bags on the 2 extra seats in the third row. No, Commodore IS NOT the best build quality.

Sure. You save some money on servicing. Maybe I'm different, but I place more value on keeping my family from serious injury or brain damage than having a few extra dollars in my pocket each time I service the car.

Kawa, a Hummer did cross my mind... but I'm more European than Yank Lol3
Im with spam on this one...
Or get a 300c wagon...
Dont know if they make the srt8's in a wagon.
But a 317kw hemi to take the family
to a picnic for 68 something grand sounds like good times to me!

Id stay away from anything european.
Buy a european car,when in europe!
You dont want to know about maintanance costs!
spamanglenn Wrote:If it doesn,t go hard enough a harrop underbonnet supercharger fits in there nice and discretely.Ive seen a few charcoal ve wagons around with factory 19,s rock.Pi_thumbsup

Completely unrelated, but the harrop supercharger is good.
Just bought a "Turd" and can't wipe the grin off my face.

They get a baggin' on all the forums and from the motorin' writers about the torque steer, but they are quick!! It's very noticable around town, but once you're up and going the torque steer disappears. I can get around my favouite loop roads heaps quicker than on the 'busa. Will pull a 55km corner easy at 140+, on rails, 4 wheel drifts and plant the foot and it just explodes. I run out of balls before the traction light comes on so it will probably go heaps harder, but the brain just sayes it wont make it, then it goes around a 90 degree corner in town at 80 and doesn't even squeal. (scares the be-jesus out of passengers)

Sorry, like I said, can't wipe the grin off my face.

(you counld fit 2 baby seats in the back, but they'd be near touching!)
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Woo hoo!
Picked this up last night!

[Image: XC90280509.jpg]

So far, love it!
Trophy

When I get my bill for servicing it... Pi_freak

Lol2
Itssss WHITEScaryWtf Leigh
Getting ready to make some noise.