Thinking of turning my 99 Busa into a track bike...
Been thinking of it for a while, and though I keep adding bling, I've been thinking of selling off all my bling bling and making it as light as possible for the track.

I like riding it every day and have done so for the last 5 years, but I also love my car (Impreza WRX), so I'm very tempted to "create" a Hayabusa track bike... rather than get a 400 or 600 trackie like many others do...

Anyone made a Busa track bike yet?
serious?!?! the best model/colour combo Busa of all?!?! dont do it man... you see WRXs everyday(and maybe a second look), but a Busa...
what you selling?hahaha
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Upgraded Suspension & Brakes, Carbon fiber Wheels, Carbon Fiber bodywork should bring you closer to a track busa...:) I would just love to have a bike with these specs...Trophy
Pan, I have been looking around for a track bike for the 9 second class, and you would be very surprised at what a 1000cc sports bike will cost you from the auctions, or even from a wreckers.
Weigh up the cost of a repairable bike (or 2nd hand track bike) against what it will cost you to convert your busa into a competitive bike. And dont forget, you wont have a bike to ride on the road if you convert your Busa.
I agree with CAS Pan.
There are lots of bikes that are much more suited to track days, without the bang of a busa though of course.
Your bike is legendary. It was a shame to see SIMMO's bike get stripped down and yours would be the same.

I say go for a trumpy 675 and live the best of both worlds.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
I agree Pan, waste of fucken time and money, busa's are just not made for tracks. Get a GIXXER SIXXER or a GIXXER thou for the track mate. Then you can happily chuck it down the track, knowing it is just a pile of crap anyway compared to the bus, and you won't be upset.
Chopper says - "Harden the f*** up Australia"
Thanks guys.

Been thinking about a 600 or 1000cc track bike, but it AIN'T a Busa! I don't want to compete, I want to ENJOY. I realise a 600 will get me around the track quicker... but... Pi_thumbsdown

Competing ends up in people chucking too much money at their bikes (just to prove a point Boobies4) and becoming grumpy, unsocial, creating enemies and being over-opinionated... though still feeling unsatisfied (because there's always going to be someone quicker - unless you're Leonard of course! Lol3)

I like the idea of riding my Busa at the race track a few times each year, taking it to the drags occasionally, tinkering with the bike in between, going on Hayabusa rides and coffee nights with my Volvo as a "support car" and hanging out with the friends I've made in the last 5 years here...

Thought about selling it, but you know what I'd get for it now...Idiot2 so figured parting out the bling would be better and members here would enjoy some of the stuff I don't need on a track bike.

I have rego until November, so I'll decide then, but suggestions/thoughts are appreciated in the meantime...
when i get a busa i plan on getting carbon wheels and ohlins suspension saving now got a few years before a gen 1 busa comes along. bloody new laws suck!!
The red/black is worth bugger all on the market, and as Busgo said, watching Simmo's bike get naked was heart-breaking. Yeah Gixxers are faster and lighter on a track, BUT YOU WANT A BUSA! Suddnely the early models are ridiculously cheap, GET A SECOND BUSA, leave yours as is. YOu love that bike, and donuts just aren't the same in a Volvo. Besides, think about the RATS!
Bit like the car deal maybe. Try before you buy. Have a fang around a track on a 600,1000 & form an opinion for yourself,they ain't no busa in the hp stakes & you have to work harder to go quicker. Just as much fun though & not an arm & a leg $ wise sitting in the shed
(27-05-2009, 09:32am)Heidi1 Wrote: YOU WANT A BUSA! Suddnely the early models are ridiculously cheap, GET A SECOND BUSA, leave yours as is.

Pan, for what it is worth I agree with Heidi. If you want a Busa track bike buy a cheap 2nd hand one that has already been knocked around a bit & keep your 99 for good - nice ones are hard to come by.
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
my money will be in your hand in Nov!hahaha
GenII Hunter Knuppel2
Trackday Busa sounds great to me Pan thats the road I'm sort of heading down myself but at the moment I can't afford both so Ive just sourced second plastics sprayed them (Rat Mat Black) get some crash protection and get out there.Pi_thumbsup
After all theres not to many Busa track bikes out there maybe for the reason to big to heavy if you ask me those people are to soft!
Your times on the Busa Pan are more than respectable around the creek
and would improve in time to be running at the pointy end of (b1) so I think show some of those 600 and litre bikes the way around.
Whens the next trackday maybe spring?Coolsmiley
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Sorry Pan but dont waste your time. Just buy a GSXR1000.
I'm with Driller, people on bikes that go fast and turn hard like the Gixxers are just PUSSYS! Go hard or go home.