Yoshi inserts
just got my new carbon R77's and went to fit the inserts but the hole is not thru. It looks like there is a rivet or simular in the hole but it wont come out easily. I really like the induction growl and dont want the exhausts to drown it out, plus I like my bikes to be fairly quiet, anyone else come accross this problem, Steve.
Yeah, I had trouble fitting the inserts into my TRS cans. You need to drill-out the hole that is already there, then smooth it off with a round/half-round file.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
managed to get the hole thru and got them in but was a very tight fit, doubt they will ever come out again
(20-08-2010, 09:41pm)Steve Wrote: managed to get the hole thru and got them in but was a very tight fit, doubt they will ever come out again
I thought the same and for the same reason, but the dealer got them out OK when I had some other work done.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
just ride round for a few thousand k and they vibrate out. well mine did but then i dont want to put the baffles in i love the growl of the yoshis when they hit 6500rpm.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
I'm guessing you'll have the baffles back out soon.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
(10-04-2011, 02:11am)BUSGO Wrote: I'm guessing you'll have the baffles back out soon.

No don't do that, as according to the Yoshi data they make more power/torque with them in than without, and they make more noise with the baffles in! (No, I'm not an idiot, thats what my supplied tech sheet says! Its the Yoshi tech writer that needs shooting).
(10-04-2011, 09:10pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(10-04-2011, 02:11am)BUSGO Wrote: I'm guessing you'll have the baffles back out soon.

No don't do that, as according to the Yoshi data they make more power/torque with them in than without

Wouldn't that depend on whether tuning was done with the baffles in/out?
(10-04-2011, 09:57pm)CeeJay07 Wrote:
(10-04-2011, 09:10pm)Belzybob Wrote:

No don't do that, as according to the Yoshi data they make more power/torque with them in than without

Wouldn't that depend on whether tuning was done with the baffles in/out?

Sorry, my point was that the Yoshi leaflet had got it the wrong way around. As written, it claims that there is more to be gained by having the baffles in. Obviously that doesn't make sense.

To get back to the original point, unless you are regularly wringing the bike's neck in urban areas, I have found the sound/volume to be reasonable and I won't be putting the baffles in again. The tune was done without baffles and its currently running very nicely.
I contacted Yoshi US to confirm the figures. Here is the info:

Power: OEM 175.7hp 102.4tq
W/ Insert 179.4hp 108.8tq
W/out Insert 179.2hp 108.6tq

Sound @ 5250 RPM: OEM 90.4db
w/insert 89.2db
w/out insert 92.4db

I just got 2 of the low volume inserts off ebay for my TRS Tri-Oval bolt on cans. Fitted without issues.

For me, I reckon they sound better and just did a 540klm ride down the clyde mountain, up to Nowra an Kiama. Then up Maquarie Pass to Roberston and Bundanoon and home again.

I reckon it "feels" better when I roll the throttle on.

I'll be leaving them in.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Ok,
Did you stop and have a Roberston pie??
John
Thanks John
Yes, stopped and had a Robertson pie Very Happy
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
(27-06-2011, 08:34am)Busdriver Wrote: I just got 2 of the low volume inserts off ebay for my TRS Tri-Oval bolt on cans. Fitted without issues.

For me, I reckon they sound better and just did a 540klm ride down the clyde mountain, up to Nowra an Kiama. Then up Maquarie Pass to Roberston and Bundanoon and home again.

I reckon it "feels" better when I roll the throttle on.

I'll be leaving them in.

I did a back flip and put them back in again, mainly as a result of the info above from Yoshimura. Bonus is that I can appreciate the induction noise once again as its the main noise source when riding.
hi guys,also r77 slip ons,has anyone got aset of db killers for sale,thanks 99erBikergot some good info guys