Hide your ugly rego label easily
I learnt this one from Giddyup many moons ago and have used it ever since. The rego label fits nicely on the bolt that holds the brake lines here near forks. Cops have checked my details on many occasions and have not said a word about it's position. No mods required, bolts straight onto existing bolt. Works for gen 1 or 2 bikes.

[Image: 001eqmc.jpg]

[Image: 002izd.jpg]
thats a good place to keep it ,il move mine today ,
Thats neat, wish I had known bout that spot back when we had rego labels. Think mine hung from left exhaust bracket, runnining 4 into 1 yoshi so unused..
Midlife Crisis? What Midlife Crisis!

I've always had these needs and desires!
As of 1st January, you don't need a rego label on any vehicle under 4.5t in NSW....so it's off with the bike label, and scrape the label off the Prado. Gooooonnnne!
Thats incredible. Whats the reasoning there?

Queensland:

"clearly visible on the left hand side or the rear of the
motorcycle"
(30-12-2012, 12:07pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: As of 1st January, you don't need a rego label on any vehicle under 4.5t in NSW....so it's off with the bike label, and scrape the label off the Prado. Gooooonnnne!

Same here in Tassie
i just took mine ,off ,i forgot that about, no rego sticker,lol, hey Pete ,they pasted the law a while back ,,bc 90% of n..s.w cop cars have some camera/ computer that will tell the officer that this bike or that car has rego ,and it can determine what hasnt got rego,bike already looks cleaner ,

i wonder how we will go riding over any boarder from n.s.w ,with no rego sticker!
Yeah good question, maybe all states will get it soon then too
(30-12-2012, 12:24pm)DjPete Wrote: Thats incredible. Whats the reasoning there?

Most NSW police vehicles now have (or very soon will have) "automatic number plate recognition" (ANPR) technology.......which essentially means that anytime that your vehicle approaches or passes a police vehicle, this system can ascertain (allegedly within .4 of a second):-
a) the vehicles current registration status;
b) the vehicle owners current license status;
c) if any outstanding fines and/or warrants are attached to the vehicle owners name;
d) the vehicle owners penis or vagina size (....ok, this last one may be just a little bit un-true Lol3)

Some related reading fodder for your perusal....

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/...a12c70e/s/

http://www.caradvice.com.au/174058/nsw-a...from-2013/

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/Prod/pa...avID=HA8_1

http://canberratimes.drive.com.au/motor-...1ze8b.html

First WA, then SA, now NSW police are up for this system.....I'm actually quite surprised that VicPolice weren't the 1st ones to jump in on this game!?! Confused

keep those busa's registered boys & girls....
Coolsmiley

I've never had my rego label on the bike but do carry it with my licence. Cops have never had a problem and can do nothing about it, due to the wording of;
"for motorcycles and trailers place the label in a special holder provided by you" eg:...my wallet. - it does not say the label needs to be affixed to the bike.
I've always been able to produce/show it on demand....never been an issue for me.

Bazman VicPol have been using the auto plate/reg technology for about 2 years, and now our Councils are also using the technology in conjunction with Police, patrolling shopping centre carparks etc.. and wheel clamping any vehicle that shows up with having unpaid fines etc...
arnt the accel cables?? :P

on that note though, 7 years riding here in mackay and iv never had a rego label on my bikes
(30-12-2012, 10:05am)DjPete Wrote: I learnt this one from Giddyup many moons ago and have used it ever since. The rego label fits nicely on the bolt that holds the brake lines here near forks. Cops have checked my details on many occasions and have not said a word about it's position. No mods required, bolts straight onto existing bolt. Works for gen 1 or 2 bikes.

That's where mine is, never had a problem from Mr Police
- but does restict tight turns (walking it around in the garage etc.) no probs with riding.

(30-12-2012, 04:02pm)BikerBoy Wrote: I've never had my rego label on the bike but do carry it with my licence. Cops have never had a problem and can do nothing about it, due to the wording of;
"for motorcycles and trailers place the label in a special holder provided by you" eg:...my wallet. - it does not say the label needs to be affixed to the bike.
I've always been able to produce/show it on demand....never been an issue for me.

so you could just keep it under the hump I suppose ??
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(30-12-2012, 04:42pm)Ward P Wrote:
(30-12-2012, 04:02pm)BikerBoy Wrote: I've never had my rego label on the bike but do carry it with my licence. Cops have never had a problem and can do nothing about it, due to the wording of;

so you could just keep it under the hump I suppose ??
yep. I did that for a while too, and actualy asked a cop that pulled me over one day who was looking for my reg label and I grabbed it from under the hump. As he said to me "you produced it when I asked to see it so that's not a problem".
(30-12-2012, 04:41pm)Skidmarx Wrote: arnt the accel cables?? :P

on that note though, 7 years riding here in mackay and iv never had a rego label on my bikes

Ditto, have never fitted my rego label and have never been asked to produce it.

It would have to be an arsehole copper that would want to physically see the label let alone book you for it. As always, depends if you fail the attitude test to begin with.