Hayabusa Club Models
just to note:

I didn't make picking up the models last week - sorry for that, the shop closes @ 5:30pm every week day while I finish @ 6pm & can't leave till then - Saturday they are open but close @ 11am - so I missed it last week. They are paid for - just gotta pick them up ;) this Saturday I should be able to get there since I picking up my actual busa from the spray jobby ;)

sorry for the delays
get your act into gear buddy
[Image: bmr.gif]
chew me bitch :)
I have 2 spare in the cupboard i opened one box and closed it that was about 2 years ago looks out of my leage LOL have to wait to i move in to retirment village to get help with them Idiot2
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I wanted one until Raz said you have to put them together
[Image: bmr.gif]
mybb Wrote:I wanted one until Raz said you have to put them together

yeah for $70 and you still have to put it together your self must be made in Australia :2funny:
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Japan actually
RaZz0R Wrote:Japan actually

cant be they would have put it together for us Lol2
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Thought I might resurrect this thread ...

I read up on a few of the older threads regarding the Tamiya 1/12 scale Hayabusa kit, but it seems nobody built it. If they did, they didn't post up pics ..

I used to build a lot of models as a kid, but as the years went on, my modelling passion turned to model railways (HO scale). Since the arrival of my first busa, I had to dismantle the railroad to make room in the garage for the bike. Now the modelling bug has struck again, so I went out and bought a Tamiya Hayabusa kit on ebay for $26 (unopened kit) with free local pickup .. bargain !!

Seriously, these kits are so detailed it is incredible. The box says "modelling skills helful if under 10 y.o" Wtf I'm under 50 (just Embarassed) with about 40 years of modelling experience .. and wow, it still is tricky. Having 'google' nowdays helps a lot with photos available for detailing, but a young kid would have no chance ..

As Volvi said in an older thread, the kit is based on a 2001 blue / silver, but the decals in the box actually accommodate for '99 thru '02. As far as detail goes, some interesting points are ..

.. different kanjis and other decals to allow for the different models
.. either 280km or 340 km speedo decals
.. decal wraps around oil filter with "genuine suzuki bla bla bla" as per the OEM item.
.. decal on frame actually has vin # which can be read under high magnification
.. original tyres as per prototype
.. and the list goes on ....

Ive just about got the motor and chassis done (has taken me a week and a half) so I'll post a couple of pics below, sorry its a bit hard to see the detail as the old iPhone takes a shit picture.

As I get further into it, I'll put up some more pics ..
On a lighter note .. you should have seen my mothers face when I told her I had bought a 2nd busa .. Gold Roll
Your rekindling an old passion of mine here.... Used to love model building
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Incredible. The detail is amazing. It would kill my eyes though and I refuse to wear glasses. lol
(27-01-2013, 09:13am)Batfink Wrote: Your rekindling an old passion of mine here.... Used to love model building

Get one Tony, you'll be surprised at the detail. This is a 10 year old kit but I am amazed. They have come a long way since my early modelling days. They do a ZX-14 which I imagine would be a much newer kit, but I don't think I could devote my time to building a kawasaki Pi_freak
(27-01-2013, 09:20am)DjPete Wrote: Incredible. The detail is amazing. It would kill my eyes though and I refuse to wear glasses. lol

Pete, I didn't realise how bad my eyes were until trying to build this. I have to wear my good ol' specsavers reading glasses and look through my magnifier lamp .. the kids laugh at me Idiot2
yeah I have them too unfort (NOT the magnifier lamp though :-)). Same they make fun of us. They'll find out soon enough.
Love them as well, but painting with a toothpick not so easy after a few beers!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are these kits still available? How can I get one like that - looks great!