new Michelins going on
Have racked up almost exactly 12,000 km on the original bridgestones but due to being a 350+ km per week highway commuter theres nothing left in the guts so off they must come. Going with a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's which I've used before on our gixxers to good effect, have found them to give a good combination of grip and life, will be more than happy to get 12k out of these as well.

I have read in other threads of some owners dislike of the original tyres but personally I havent had any issues at all, found them to be quite grippy and confidence inspiring when pushing it along in the twisties and considering the bike did a 4500km road trip with a lot of luggage on board plus all my commuting, 12,000km is pretty impressive in my book.
I clocked 7000 kms and shredded the rear OE.no issues till then.front is still on.ordered a new set.2ct front and road 2 rear from the us.have a half worn continue road attack 2 read. Will do a 3-4 k loop if south WA end of the month and change to Michelins.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

(08-02-2013, 09:33pm)storm Wrote: I clocked 7000 kms and shredded the rear OE.no issues till then.front is still on.ordered a new set.2ct front and road 2 rear from the us.have a half worn continue road attack 2 read. Will do a 3-4 k loop if south WA end of the month and change to Michelins.

my fronts not shot yet but best done as a pair, Id be back in a month anyway
I reckon PR3's are even better!!
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
i got a pirelli corsa rosso blah blah blah on the back of mine great sticky tire ,it only got 4k on it and its got almost no treat left side to side ,i might go with a batlax triple compound as thelast one never seemed to wear
I was under the impression PR2 is better than PR3.hmmmm

Got PR3's on my spare wheels.
Bloody good by my standards!

My bikes are getting PR3's or Sportmax Sportsmarts
both in a 190/55 not 50 rear. Suits me just fine.

Got Pirelli Angels on front and rear. Not had much mileage on them yet but the little I have had felt very solid and sure footed.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(09-02-2013, 10:21am)storm Wrote: I was under the impression PR2 is better than PR3.hmmmm
Last tyre guy I used agreed with that.
I've never had an issue with PR2 and have had them on several bikes, so stuck with the old "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Maybe next time I'm up for tyres PR2 won't be around so then PR3 will get a go.

2 and 3's seem very similar to me.
3's being better in the damp though.
They do claim the wet weather pattern on the 3
has better wear advantages but I can't see why.
Let's see how it goes.was getting 2ct rear but after reading the 4 states busa run to the rock I got the impression road is the best rear as far as touring and carving do.so got one.have never had a Michelin road ever.hope its as good ad they claim it to be.

(09-02-2013, 09:41pm)Tony Nitrous Wrote: 2 and 3's seem very similar to me.
3's being better in the damp though.
They do claim the wet weather pattern on the 3
has better wear advantages but I can't see why.

Apparently it's all in the 'Sipes"

People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
I ride with the 3"s. Great tyre. My opinion 41psi front, rear. Firm tyre, rolls in and out of the twisties with ease.

The front end gets pretty heavy so if the pressure is not up there then she will wear quicker than the front. I weigh 100Kilo's, so I guess I may be part responsable. But I can tell when I have lost a little pressure as she doesn't want to turn in as quick and makes me ride like a retard. Idiot2
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
Love'd my Sportsmax Sportsmarts today too....

[Image: fr1qz.jpg]

[Image: fr2t.jpg]

[Image: fr3u.jpg]
(10-02-2013, 02:06pm)Vellaterra Wrote: I ride with the 3"s. Great tyre. My opinion 41psi front, rear. Firm tyre, rolls in and out of the twisties with ease.

The front end gets pretty heavy so if the pressure is not up there then she will wear quicker than the front. I weigh 100Kilo's, so I guess I may be part responsable. But I can tell when I have lost a little pressure as she doesn't want to turn in as quick and makes me ride like a retard. Idiot2
I have a set of michelin 3s.Have clocked up ten and a half thousand.great in wet or dry.Same pressures 40 to 41     Still another thousand or two.