Changing gearing
http://www.gearingcommander.com/
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
(12-02-2013, 07:31pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Mines got +2, quick action throttle and the limiters removed which I find to be a good balance.
Adding a -1 to the mix I think would change it from being rideable to a twitchy bitch that takes too much attention to control on the street.

I'm going to try +2 rear only and see how I go. Just waiting on Speedohealer to come in. Thanks for all your advice and wisdom.

One last thing, aluminum or steel sprocket ? Thoughts ?
(18-02-2013, 08:34am)Huffy Wrote: I'm going to try +2 rear only and see how I go. Just waiting on Speedohealer to come in. Thanks for all your advice and wisdom.

One last thing, aluminum or steel sprocket ? Thoughts ?

I'd go steel unless you want to sqizze every gram of weight out your bike.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Any other opinions on the Steel vs Aluminium sprocket question ?

Thanks.
(20-02-2013, 07:50pm)Huffy Wrote: Any other opinions on the Steel vs Aluminium sprocket question ?

Thanks.

I was going to go aluminum but the Stealership talked me out of it, they reckon they wear quicker and are dearer. Haven't seen any proof myself.
(20-02-2013, 07:50pm)Huffy Wrote: Any other opinions on the Steel vs Aluminium sprocket question ?

Thanks.
Steel, 530.

I'm actually going the opposite to this topic and going down 2 teeth on the rear on my B King. This is purely for the trip to Ayres Rock in the desperate attempt to get a few more kilometres out of a tank of petrol.
I'll go back to stock after the trip
I went -1 front +2 rear. Feels great. Thanks everyone for your advice.
Careful of your steering head bearings. If you do lots of hard landings after a mono, they'll cop a beating and wear out eventually...
HUFFY if a white busa means ur gay good on ya cos if ya are trying to shorten ya gearing to get better take off ya balls is bigger than mine, The twisted Angel is glassy black and the takeoff is orsome to me.
PA King, Have you done the -2 on the rear and if so was the/or did it change the accel. much? was thinking of one maybe two on my Twisted angel to try and de-twich the take offs in town (keep forgetting two change throtle response setting)and maybee get an extra kiloflogit or two per ltr.
Good/Bad idea? any help from long time owners would be great!!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
i know my gearing has been changed
to what i dont know, but becareful the bike
will lift with very little effort and can catch u off guard,
i raised the rear on mine which made a big difference
in keeping her down. jat
pete
08 gen 2 grey
(14-03-2013, 10:02pm)Corpsedealer Wrote: Have you done the -2 on the rear and if so was the/or did it change the accel. much?

I've gone from 40T to 38T in the rear of my Gen 1 before. Mileage looked as though it was the same (350km off a tank on the highway), but it was actually better because it was a "real" 350km, not an "indicated" 350km as it was with the 43T (probably actually doing 310km off a tank)

It definitely bogged down off the start at the drags, but not so much on the road, but otherwise it felt the same. Just depends what revs and what gear you ride at...
Thanx Pan,
As we dont have a strip in Kal I dont think that will be a prob that and the fact I weigh 56kg so take off should still be quickLol3
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
I was using a 16T/43T setup for a few years until I sold my bus, was like a freight train, went like the clappers.

Took it on the island with that gearing and it was a dream, I weigh 130kg so I guess I could hold it steady at noise and under power out of corners.. Saying that out of Siberia is got pretty loose. Never even considered changing it back.
(14-03-2013, 10:02pm)Corpsedealer Wrote: HUFFY if a white busa means ur gay good on ya cos if ya are trying to shorten ya gearing to get better take off ya balls is bigger than mine, The twisted Angel is glassy black and the takeoff is orsome to me.
PA King, Have you done the -2 on the rear and if so was the/or did it change the accel. much? was thinking of one maybe two on my Twisted angel to try and de-twich the take offs in town (keep forgetting two change throtle response setting)and maybee get an extra kiloflogit or two per ltr.
Good/Bad idea? any help from long time owners would be great!!
I have not put the new sprocket on yet but will be very soon when I put my new tyres on for our trip.