Project drag bike
Well guys I have picked up a nice stat write off black n blue GEN I busa for drag racing , the idea is FUN and making friends she needs a few mods here an there , I have a K&N filter and a power commander for it so far , she needs to be lowered and a drag seat made to suit ,

I have all the stuff here I need to make her ready for the strip , I won't know what times she's going to do either as of yet

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

any stock bits you ditch ,sell to me please
Ok pete I'm ditching the entire exhaust system mate
i got one of them,lol im after plastics infill panels headlight ,front blinkers speedo unit.
Headlight yes
Infill panels yes
Blinkers maybe
i might be selling my ARATA titanium 4into ,gives the bike balls,cost me 600 bucks on ebay 2nd hand ,must of added around 6 to 10 needies ,
(13-03-2013, 10:09pm)revhead Wrote: i might be selling my ARATA titanium 4into ,gives the bike balls,cost me 600 bucks on ebay 2nd hand ,must of added around 6 to 10 needies ,

Yeah I have a system already cheers anyway
Any updates or pics yet, or too soon?
(23-03-2013, 10:39pm)pan Wrote: Any updates or pics yet, or too soon?

G'day mate yeah I have some pics I will take Monday I have lots to do over the next few days the bike needs to be striped down and checked over and strip out some weight namely the exhaust system , have done the rear fender removal as well

Things to do this week are ,

Add the double bubble screen
Remove exhaust system
Refit light new exhaust system
Lower the bike up to 50 mm
Remover oil cooler
Mod air box
Make drag seat
Add short front guard

This is a short list to date pan but I'm sure I will have lots more todo , plus I have to sort out a trailer as well

Ok I have a bunch of goodies that I have picked up from members in NSW & QLD so the drag bike is coming along nicely it's not a rush but it's getting there slowly but surely

A big thanks to YELLA , 99er , ken & all the guys it's been awesome all your help

Well 10th of April will be test n tune for me guys at WSID Wednesday nite drags
heya Kev....just curious how much the stat dec write-off busa cost ya and where from???
(25-03-2013, 09:24pm)bazman Wrote: heya Kev....just curious how much the stat dec write-off busa cost ya and where from???

I picked it up off a mate for 1K bazzman , he brought it in the condition it's in now and did nothing with it for 2 yrs and then off loaded it to me , as he was going to drag race it and never did , he purchased the bike from an auction I'm sure it was fowles or pickles either one I'm not sure but other than that I have no history on this bike .

It's an 01 busa with 49.500 k on the clock and she's 100% stock up till now.
WoW......that's a frikkin' good bargain, Kev, ur a lucky fella!!

Hope I get to see this busa on it's debut at WSID...
Well some of them parts look familiar !!