Custom 1 piece seat
I've never really paid attention to how they mount.... is it the same bolts as the rail?

If so is there enough clearance at the back to remove the one piece seat?? My dl650 has a one piece and i do like this setup, but it is amazing how far back i have to pull it to get the front seat lugs to let go.

It looks like a gen II, are the seats different to a gen I??

Sorry with all the questions, but i do like it, and hope that it turns out great!!!
Tathra 2010 - Best Non 'Busa.
Tathra 2011 - Best Non 'Busa.
Idiot2
(05-08-2013, 02:06am)Mr Sensible Wrote: I've never really paid attention to how they mount.... is it the same bolts as the rail?

If so is there enough clearance at the back to remove the one piece seat?? My dl650 has a one piece and i do like this setup, but it is amazing how far back i have to pull it to get the front seat lugs to let go.

It looks like a gen II, are the seats different to a gen I??

Sorry with all the questions, but i do like it, and hope that it turns out great!!!

Yeah seats from GEN I to GEN II are different , my GEN I has. GEN II ass end , yeah the hand rail is not an issue , and please ask all the questions you like ,

As it stands the seats are off getting some plastic welding as soon as there back it's onto foam and shaping so keen your eyes on this thread
Following this with interest Kev. good exercise, as a pillion, my wife prefers a single seat because when hooning(not that we do that!!) she slips into the groove between the 2 seat so she can hang on and hang off with me thru the corners, and complains it can be uncomfortable with the difference in seat heights.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(06-08-2013, 06:14pm)Ward P Wrote: Following this with interest Kev. good exercise, as a pillion, my wife prefers a single seat because when hooning(not that we do that!!) she slips into the groove between the 2 seat so she can hang on and hang off with me thru the corners, and complains it can be uncomfortable with the difference in seat heights.

Take her seat off wardy that should give you the same height and the wife want slide around Lol2

Ps don't show her this post
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(06-08-2013, 06:14pm)Ward P Wrote: Following this with interest Kev. good exercise, as a pillion, my wife prefers a single seat because when hooning(not that we do that!!) she slips into the groove between the 2 seat so she can hang on and hang off with me thru the corners, and complains it can be uncomfortable with the difference in seat heights.

Where do you find a wife like that?
Lucky guy!
(07-08-2013, 06:07am)captainrob Wrote:

Lucky guy!

Having seen some of your posts Cap'n ... I reckon your daughter would be up for it!?!?!?! Lol2Lol2
Wm
Idiot2
I had my seat raised were I wasnt useing it to stop the minister of war and finance from falling into the gap and squashing me. I hope she doesnt read thisKnuppel2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
(07-08-2013, 08:08am)Mr Sensible Wrote:
(07-08-2013, 06:07am)captainrob Wrote:

Lucky guy!

Having seen some of your posts Cap'n ... I reckon your daughter would be up for it!?!?!?! Lol2Lol2
Wm
One really BIG problem I forget to mention about Amber - she's a 'pain-in-the-arse' LAWYER....
Good excuse not to have intercoms!!!
Idiot2
(07-08-2013, 10:04am)Corpsedealer Wrote: I had my seat raised were I wasnt useing it to stop the minister of war and finance from falling into the gap and squashing me. I hope she doesnt read thisKnuppel2

Yeah I don't mind that style at all , but I'm looking to make this unique
I Know what you mean Big Kev,
So I put a 55kg match stick(me) on the front of the twisted angel and now its
unique too.
Either that or it looks like a 12 year old stole itLol3
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Ok update time now ive had the seat all welded up and it's very ridged so im using marees rear seat foam as it has a gel insert in it and I will make a completly new front section

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok we are near the end . All the foam work is done now for material

The missis is very happy with the comfort level

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

interesting stuff BK, you using the key release? or the front seat bolts? or both?

Thompy.
Hot Coffee , Fast :Biker:

Diesel.
Looking good. Pi_thumbsup

Food for thought - My pillion Cathy likes the comfort and feel of the Gen2 rear over the Gen1, it is shaped flatter, slightly concave and up a bit at the front, which helps with sliding side to side and forward. The rear half of your seat looks more sculptured like the gen1.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .