TD05 16G Opinions
Hi guys, its been a week since anyone has started a new thread on Turbos so I will add one.

My research for identifying a turbo for my bike that also factors in costs has led me to a TD05 16G06. I can get one of these with a external wastegate and BOV for around $1K. From what I understand, this turbo is capable 350-400hp which I am happy with.

The question is, has anyone used this turbo and if so any pros and/or cons? I believe a couple of turbo kit producers OS are using these turbos in their kits one of which is Hahn.
Another one what do you guys use as a VE% for the Busa and is this a subjective figure or a claculated one.

See compressor map attached with plots for a 1300cc engine. I believe this turbo is also called a super 16g or a big 16g.

Thanks to Maj for answering questions I have put to him over the last week or so. I am slowly beginning to grasp the concepts around determining the right turbo for an engine with air volumes, pressure ratios and VE's etc. Still a long way to go.Nerd
There is no strong performance without a little fanaticism in the performer